Flying Myths and the Wall

• Thread starter DeletedUser11717
  • Start date

DeletedUser11717

Okay guys, I'd like to see this settled.

I have had two people tell me that the wall level (and of course tower) affects the flying myths (all of them) and can kill them. However, I have never had that happen. Not through Harbor Checks, or simply attacking someone. I even simulated a 25 wall with a manticore nuke and a tower included, gave -30 luck and lost ZERO units.

I swore I saw somewhere that the wall doesn't affect them. And I've never seen them be affected.

So, my question is, am I right, or am I wrong and the wall DOES affect flying myths?

Thanks

DeletedUser

Interesting topic, Darth. I have a conjecture:

Since myth units are all fairly high FS (e.g. 1 manticore = 45 FS) a myth nuke will suffer much less from collateral damage than, say, a comparable nuke of regular units, which all = 1 FS. For example, if you attack the 25 wall+tower with a hoplite nuke, you will lose a few because each one is only 1 FS, so some individual units get affected by the damage dealt by the wall. One manticore, however, being 45 FS, can absorb a lot more collateral damage before dying. It's like having 45 1 FS units combined into one much stronger individual unit.

Therefore, the 25 wall + tower might be dealing some damage to the Manticore nuke, but it is unable to deal enough damage to kill even 1 manticore.

I could be totally wrong, of course. Would be interested in hearing some more thoughts on this.

DeletedUser11717

Well after doing some reports with a friend, I was right.. The wall does NOT affect flying myth units SO LONG AS there are little to no troops in the city.

To tell, you can place a 25 wall, tower, and -30 luck and send a manti nuke at the defending city with no troops inside. You will lose zero manti's. If you add 10 swords, you still lose 0 mantis. Now, me and friend simulated against 45 Erinys. With a wall at 0 (no tower and -30 luck), a manti nuke (this player had 62) the attacker loses 17 manti's.

However, with a wall at 25, and a tower present (still -30 luck) attacker loses 45 manti's give or take.

So the wall does affect flying myths if it's attacking troops because the wall and the tower AID in boosting the defending troops defensive values. But the wall itself, does NOT kill the myth units.

DeletedUser

It is because the myth units consume an extra ordinary amount of pop space. For example, mantis are 45 pop each.

Try your experiment with single pop units and I am pretty sure you will get different results.

JD Feyd

Senior Citizen
on troy after the last event everyone had manti nukes in abundance. The only way one of my sieges would survive is if I went after a city with a big wall. I have almost 50 cities and not a single catapult. walls are precious to me and mine so we don't make them. if we try to siege a city with a low wall or no wall then when the flyers come, and they always come, its bloody for our DLU no matter how stacked. I saw an alliance lose almost 100k DLU because they tried to siege a low wall city. so yeah I think walls do matter to flying myths.

DeletedUser

very true, JD Feyd.

OP's experiment was, however, primarily about the situation where 25 wall+tower has little to no troops defending it, whether in that case the wall and tower alone could kill myth flyers. So, more applicable I think, to a situation where the city had been cleared and you are sending flyers to loot the city's resources.

JD Feyd

Senior Citizen
if someone wants to do an experiment. I'm very curious about the stats concerning Erinys and walls. I have been very impressed with their penetrating ability. sometimes its like the wall doesn't seem to effect them like other myths. I only use them in land locked situations. I love sending them out to get to know my new neighbors. lol

DeletedUser11750

From what I can tell, walls don't kill flying myths the way they do hops or slingers, but the defensive bonuses do apply.

DeletedUser11717

From what I can tell, walls don't kill flying myths the way they do hops or slingers, but the defensive bonuses do apply.

Correct. Ran a simulator of 45 Erinys vs a Manti nuke of 62. Did 0 wall, minus 30 luck. All erinys died, and like 4 or less manti's died.

We did the same thing, only added a 25 wall, and 40-something manti's died.