Float or sink

DeletedUser2063

I don't really care about this just yet, as I'm flying with just my cousin until I can tell who is going to be strong and what not, but I did notice the wolves. FREAKIN huge MRA. I was the 180 something person to join, and they already had 30 members. They're spread out and die, but free BP's for me.

DeletedUser1048

Eclipse: Float, every player is in 55 and they have no competition in this ocean. Nice point average but a little too high on players.
The Silence: Float for now, Based in 54 pretty much the 300 with different leadership. Not to sure how good they will do if they players were willing to leave there alliance so quickly. They claim leader was inactive even though I was talking with him the hours before most of the players there left, so not sure what is up with that story. I say they will Float now just because 54 is an easy ocean at the moment. Best point average.
The Union: Float, they are nicely placed on about 3 or 4 islands they have a close knit group from Hyperborea. Based in 45 and 55 the only way I see them ever failing would be because of lack of experience in a revolt world, but lets face it not a lot of competition in this world to bring them down anyway.
The Wolves: Sink, too spread thin and are declining in the rankings daily. Already have an academy alliance and have a lot of new players I just can't see them making it for long.
ALL IN-No comment.

DeletedUser2039

Wolves=most hated on alliance so far hahaha keep up the posts though, love reading them.

SgtSeeker

Taxiarch
Eclipse: no comment (im the diplomat lol)
The Silence: Based in 54, a little spread out. Best point average. i say float for a while, they will become a big target later on.
The Union: Float. Experienced leader, decent point average. Fairly close in proximity.
The Wolves: Sink. TOTAL MRA..they have two alliances, the high point players are just "point whores". easy BP
ALL IN: Float for now, not really sure about them but do have a good leader

DeletedUser

It's surprising how many "sister alliances" have sprung up already. Though nothing stops an MRA I guess, not even a 50 member cap...

the wolves2 (possibly the lamest sister alliance name I've ever seen, and yes, that's really how they spelled it)
New World II...

DeletedUser2341

@ruthar ... i gotta say man i love the picture you got. calvin and hobbes is my **** yo ;) lol

musta read every one of the books a dozen times each

DeletedUser2039

The longer this world goes on, the more crucial leadership is becoming. More democratic alliances will ultimately sink in my opinion. A strong and active leader, leading by example, will be on top and get things done.

DeletedUser

I can respect that, and can see the wisdom in it. What would be your thoughts on a new allaince with leadership exp in other games, being able to pull something togather here. I know there is nothing like game knowldege to increase leadership impact, but where would the counter fall on just leadership and learning the game as you go?

DeletedUser

I have noticed that players that have played in other games similar to grepolis can have lots of success. If you learn as you go though you will most likely not be successful on your first world though. I would get help from an experienced player that has played before. As far as leadership goes, there is not much I can tell you. I know there is a great leadership guide in the wiki.

DeletedUser2039

Leadership is something that either comes natural or doesn't...very had topic to teach.

DeletedUser

I parcitail disagree that leadership is hard to teach. While in the Army I was mentored as welled mentored many good leaders. Leadership can be taught. I will had a cavat to this also, leadership can only be taught to those that have the raw material avaible todo so. So in part yes you are right you either have the ability or not, but just having the ability is not enough, the cruciable of training is what makes the difference.

DeletedUser2039

I feel like doing a brief sink or swim on the top 12 point alliances so here it is:
View attachment 551
Eclipse: I hope they pull it together. Some issues interanlly, but if their leader pulls the right players together he's got a well formed alliance. Undecided
The Union: No comment
The Silence: Seem to be tight nit and cooperative. Leading in ABP and point average. Looks to be a floater with all that experience I've been hearing about.
New World: Rising up quick. Scary though because of the rough beginnings they had, but they worked there way up. Sadly it looked to be an MRA and they even have a academy? ALREADY? Interesting enough haha they's gon sinkin.
The wolves: Started a war with ALL IN and therefore The Union and their already looking to pact? That's right, you heard me. We cleared a bunch of their cities today. They can't work together and bring in support for anything. I assure you. Sink.
Wolfknives: Don't really like them. A very quiet group. No big players, but their leaders seems to be very active. Ultimately, sink...
ALL IN: Another alliance that really has been on the sidelines. Nothing on the externals and not much in game either. I know their at "war" with the wolves with sporadic attacks back and forth. Shouldn't be anything hard to handle; free BP. Float
The Beehive: Some really high point players and some really low ones. I'm thinking little to no experience as is the case with many of these alliances. For 37 players, they hardly have any BP...I say float for a while and sink if nothing changes.
The Republic of Rome: Cool image on their profile...but their leader is inactive. Gone within a week + or - a couple days. Sink.
Spartacus: Lowest average in the top twelve. Leader seems to be a dud and you know what that means! Sink.

DeletedUser

:-( can someone delete this post?It was an acident...- -'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

About the float or sink i dont have much to say at this point cause they all appear to be doing a great job.
I do believe everyone can be a good leader if given the right conditions...:-o

DeletedUser2039

Guys...I'm sorry but that's a little picky and not the point. If you are swimming, you are essentially floating so get over it>_<
If you want it your way make it swim or drown.