Fire ships ?

DeletedUser

Is it even worth it to research fire ships for defence or should i skip it and stick to my biremes ? i see that the defence value isnt all that so i am double checking in here. :p

DeletedUser8008

Is it even worth it to research fire ships for defence or should i skip it and stick to my biremes ? i see that the defence value isnt all that so i am double checking in here. :p

I would not use fire ships... Very slow and not worth the bang for the buck.

The only use is against Light Ships. so one fire ship takes out one Light ship .. fire ships do not sink transports or hydras or colony ships. a

DeletedUser6919

They can be helpful early stage for getting a good BP return on attacks and are cheaper to replace

So for example 50 LS attack 50 bires

Attacker gets 400 BP defender gets 380 BP

Where as 50 LS attack 50 FS

Attacker gets 400 BP defender gets 500 BP

but they don't defend sieges or any of the units bigroger27509 mentioned and they're really slow to travel so I don't really bother with them.

Once you have a few cities or are in an alliance that will help support you, you can stack bires to get better BP pay off, so they lose the advantage.

DeletedUser4951

Fireships really don't have a place aside from spotting noobs or desperate defenders.

DeletedUser5088

Yeah they are bad. If you encounter an enemy with only fs in a city attack with biremes

DeletedUser6919

Yeah they are bad. If you encounter an enemy with only fs in a city attack with biremes

Which also means players who have only FS in their harbor, can ship in bires before bire attack and get good BP pay off.