Farming Village Feedback

DeletedUser

Personally, I don't like the lowered daily rss possible from the farms, as this will make the building in the beginning that much longer, and that is the most tedious part of the game. I have no problem with the new look, but don't think it is necessary. My biggest thought on this is that it should not have been the project inno was working on as WW needs a revamp much more than the beginning of the game.

DeletedUser271

The fact that they listened when players complained about the new aspect of the FV is great, and I like the new, smaller design they are working on :)

I really like this new system. The need for BP to upgrade/unlock FV really amphasises the fighting aspect of Grepolis. And since the upgrades only belong to you, there'll no longer be players enjoying the work I've done on the FV :p

I do have a few questions, though. Will the BP you earn from the "Attack Spot" count in the ranking/agora? (that would be bad) While a FV is being upgraded, can we still demand resources from it? (that would be bad too, but nderstandable) What will happen to the Forced loyalties we had collected and not used, when the looting option disappears?

DeletedUser11560

The fact that they listened when players complained about the new aspect of the FV is great, and I like the new, smaller design they are working on :)

I really like this new system. The need for BP to upgrade/unlock FV really amphasises the fighting aspect of Grepolis. And since the upgrades only belong to you, there'll no longer be players enjoying the work I've done on the FV :p

I do have a few questions, though. Will the BP you earn from the "Attack Spot" count in the ranking/agora? (that would be bad) While a FV is being upgraded, can we still demand resources from it? (that would be bad too, but nderstandable) What will happen to the Forced loyalties we had collected and not used, when the looting option disappears?

I don't like the new way of upgrading.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12660

I dont like the look, I dont like the new upgrading. I dont like any of it. Can we just to back to the old version.. OF EVERYTHING

DeletedUser1048

This just seems like a lot of change, and I would argue it isn't necessary as it is making the demanding resources similar to games like FoE and Elvenar. Let me tell you that those games are boring period, to see a similar concept from them coming here is a bit scary. Here are my thoughts on this going through the article:

1) Attacking NPC, ok this is FoE right now. Either that or an upgraded version of island quests but without coins of war or wisdom. They cost bp, they are not very clear on this. Since level 2 costs 10 bp, so if I do a VP for 300 bp can I also use that same bp for upgrading the farm. Or would I need 10 more bp.

2) So 100 battles and then that is it? Wondering how long these battles will be stretched out, and whether they are most costly than conquering farms in the current system.

3) "As we don’t want only the new worlds to benefit from all these changes, we decided to also implement the new graphics on existing worlds. "

Does this mean we all get the pretty graphic of the real big farm? Or does that mean that this new farming thing is implemented on all worlds present and future.

4) Reducing the farm levels, say what? That is a big change. Also it says how it will be more resources. Well since it was cut from 8 to 6 it would have to be or we would be losing out on this idea. So my question is: Are we actually getting more resources or getting the same amount in total but just from less farms?

5) Leveling farms on your own, well that seems to be another advantage for big gold users. While there are no premium features yet they can get resources quicker and can build troops faster. Also leveling up the farm used to have a team aspect that is taken away.

6) 385 bp, where did they get that from? Using the numbers in the first chart I got 352 bp, and 235 bp in the 2nd chart. Which I think adds up tp 587, ok now I am confused. Someone help me out please :D

7) Less clicks, oh finally they came up clutch with that. Though does that not diminish the value of the captain, will the advisers be adjusted now too?

8 ) "That means it is no longer highly recommended to use the 5 minutes demand option in order to get all available resources. Probably you can also achieve that with the 90 minutes option, depending on how often you log in during the day. So, in the end, you don’t have to farm every five minutes for a longer period of time, but instead can also get all resources the village has produced by logging in more often, but for a much shorter duration."

Again so FoE and Elvenar style. Though I don't know what it means in the underlined part, the resources received doing 18 five minute demands is still greater than 1 ninety minute demand.

9) No more looting resources, that means no more forced loyalty. Means quests have to be tweaked, and wait I thought we were getting more resources. Not have forced loyalty would be having less. Happiness gone, well it makes sense since looting is gone too :(

10) Wow I am on 10, talk about a big change to the game if I still have something to say :D "To make things even easier you will only have one demand option at the start of the game, the 5 minutes option."
Umm what makes that easier. Only means I have to sit in front of the screen and demand more often as I can't do 4 or 8 hour demands when I go to sleep. 4 hour option goes from default to needing warehouse on 10, well now this is making it more inconvenient to farm...

11) Removing technologies, wait that will change the whole look of the academy. Either level 4 or level 7 will just have two option to research. Hope that doesn't mean they are going to play around with some other researches and put them somewhere else so that each level has at least three :\

So yeah I got a lot of questions on things I felt they weren't very specific on. Right now it seems like a big change for no reason, but until I know the answers to my questions I am not sure if this is really bad or tolerable thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser6798

There is just one thing that sticks out to me with Inno making such a big yet meaningless change.

I would like to know who is apart of their R&D team. I mean seriously.. I dont think farming was such a huge "issue" that needed to be addressed, and while that is just my single opinion, I have never heard of anyone else complain of it.

I can truly only see 1 reason for making this change, and it is even hinted at the beginning of the article. That is they want new or first time players to stick around longer. Inno, like most freemium games, make most of their money off their top ~5% of spenders. That is why all the changes made in the last year have been about spending money. Now they try to figure out a way to get more players to stay longer, thus getting more hooked on the game to...wait for it.. become on of those top spenders. Face it, you cant get hooked on a game and spend lots of money if you quit within the first 2 days.

Now Inno did listen to us about the size of the farms, but really how easy of a change was that to make? If Inno was serious about listening to and improving the game for those of us who are already hooked on it, they would make actual changes to the game play. Some of the biggest issues havent been addressed. The only change made that I can remember was the addition to Academy levels and unit values made in I think 2014. Once again.. as others have pointed out, just simplifying the game and lowering the actual strategy. This farming change clearly took a lot of time and discussion. I would have rather they used their time to work on the end game or the catapult issue now.. but again, that is just me.