Farewell

DeletedUser9851

It's been fun joking around, and being an all around pain in the butt, But I'm outta here. I've deleted my account today, so 7 days from now, my cities will go ghost. good luck to all in this server. I may play again, but it's unlikely. Changes in RL will likely keep me away.

DeletedUser

Hope Rl gets better for you... You were def a decent opponent. Wish we could have battled a bit longer.

DeletedUser

Its funny how this story changes... 1 day its mortis can take our cities, the next I am deleting my acct, the next he is back in TRV. Just interesting...

DeletedUser

Its funny how this story changes... 1 day its mortis can take our cities, the next I am deleting my acct, the next he is back in TRV. Just interesting...

He saw we were starting to target 53, so he gave away his cities there and went to 63 :p

DeletedUser13405

Farewell Randulf,

Well mate, sorry your boys turned on you like that. As I said in a previous forum post, the Morty plan isn't to win by having challenging wars. They want a pool of weak players to internalize. And I guess they also internalize active players that express a desire to have real battle experiences in a war game. As ole flopper says, he's committed to winning (no matter how much it costs) I play basketball with my little nephews but don't brag about the score because I'm twice the height. WOW, he really has some major self esteem issues by the looks of that message. And classy that he copied you before giving you the boot. How old is the leadership over there? For the record, our Saxon faithful have won servers before as well... but we did it the old school way. We attack and attack and don't avoid the good alliances. We don't sit around bragging to each other how many cities we can buy while still in beginner protection and then pretend to be master strategists. Around the campfire, we share real war stories.

Again, sorry about the way you got screwed over. We all invest a lot of time, money, and energy to make this a fun place.

DeletedUser13212

Farewell Randulf,

Well mate, sorry your boys turned on you like that. As I said in a previous forum post, the Morty plan isn't to win by having challenging wars. They want a pool of weak players to internalize. And I guess they also internalize active players that express a desire to have real battle experiences in a war game. As ole flopper says, he's committed to winning (no matter how much it costs) I play basketball with my little nephews but don't brag about the score because I'm twice the height. WOW, he really has some major self esteem issues by the looks of that message. And classy that he copied you before giving you the boot. How old is the leadership over there? For the record, our Saxon faithful have won servers before as well... but we did it the old school way. We attack and attack and don't avoid the good alliances. We don't sit around bragging to each other how many cities we can buy while still in beginner protection and then pretend to be master strategists. Around the campfire, we share real war stories.

Again, sorry about the way you got screwed over. We all invest a lot of time, money, and energy to make this a fun place.

Hear hear! It's a shame this server has ended up with the major alliance being a simmer crew. Imagine the battels that could have been fought!

Makes the rest of us old veterans sit back in the tavern and reflect upon the battles of servers of old, when we should be engaging in adrenaline-pumping battles on this server. A sad state indeed. Makes it no fun when a game has gotten like this.

DeletedUser

Hear hear! It's a shame this server has ended up with the major alliance being a simmer crew. Imagine the battels that could have been fought!

Makes the rest of us old veterans sit back in the tavern and reflect upon the battles of servers of old, when we should be engaging in adrenaline-pumping battles on this server. A sad state indeed. Makes it no fun when a game has gotten like this.

It's what happens when winning becomes more important than having fun. It's one of those things really. If that's how they want to measure their sense of self worth and gain a sense of self satisfaction from it then let them I guess, it's their lesure time they are wasting.

Even if they win they'll just be known by the players on this world for the way they won.

Everyone else will just see a crown and not really look much more into it.

DeletedUser

There's a lot of speculation and hypocrisy in this thread:

- The Randulf issue wasn't Mortis turning on him. Sometimes players aren't good fits for an alliance and this was one of those situations. It was unfortunate, but there is a lot more to the story than the one-sided leaked pm's that I assume made their way to everyone in the server.

- Saxons complaining about gold use, when almost all the gold I use is traded to me on Baris from a member of the Saxons. Thanks Jim!

- Saxons saying we've played the server by avoiding challenging wars when we are red to everyone and you guys sit there in the south and start a war with Phoenix and then back off when you decided to fight us after talking about a merge. C'mon now. I am all for playing the game the way you choose, but don't pretend that you guys are interested in going all attack when you're all turtled up down there.

- A member of Olympia complaining about Mortis being simmers (seriously?) That would be crazy coming from anyone in that alliance, but when it comes from someone with a whopping 43,000 bp, it's just laughable. At least you guys have Saxons helping you defend now, I guess.

- Lastly, we are still having fun in Mortis. I will say though, that I have spoken with several people from the other three major alliances and several prominent players in each of those alliances have told me they are frustrated with this server and are beginning to hate it. Players in Olympia and Saxons have been the most vocal about that.

At the end of the day, Mortis worries about Mortis and our allies...not our enemies. I think this angers our opponents, because we don't reciprocate the attention that they give to us. Either way, we'll continue to plod along and do our thing.

DeletedUser

Btw, Has anyone looked at the attackers list?

Funny how every singe top attacker is from Mortis... War stories? Has any seen Jdeoro's bp? He has 87 thousand bp... He is the founder of olympia... How can anyone even make a comment about us being simmers????

87k vs 550k (my bp) Who is simming?

DeletedUser13405

87k vs 550k (my bp) Who is simming?

Amazing, you really can't engage in a conversation without discussing yourself. I know your mama likes to tell you that you are special but there are no wet nurses here. Better get her on the phone... or do you still live with her?

(See what I mean about insecurity Maharshi?)

- Saxons saying we've played the server by avoiding challenging wars when we are red to everyone and you guys sit there in the south and start a war with Phoenix and then back off when you decided to fight us after talking about a merge. C'mon now. I am all for playing the game the way you choose, but don't pretend that you guys are interested in going all attack when you're all turtled up down there.

No speculations. Simple facts. The turtles are all on the morty side of the border.

At one time your alliances were all excited that they were going to kick some Saxon (insert donkey name). Remember? You made an all out op to become masters of O46. But it didn't work that way did it? Know what we call military failures on an epic scale like that? In Zakros they are known as "mflops". You wouldn't have the foggiest idea if we were turtled or not because you've been too scared to try to attack the Saxons again. "It's too hard", you cry. It's been months of having your tails tucked between your legs.

We all read Randulf's farewell message. He was disgruntled because morty is losing 55-5 on city conquests since the mflop invasion and it was embarrassing to him that his leadership wouldn't allow him to fight. Its a good thing for you that you did turtle in the south lest the count be ten times more bloodier than it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you think much higher of yourself than you should Versingetorix. It's not "too hard" to attack you guys. It's just not necessary at this time when we have other bigger threats on the server that are more pressing to what our alliance is going to do. You guys will have your time. Until then, keep staying down in the 6s and 7s pounding on your chest every time you guys take a city from one of the ex-musketeer inactives. Or better yet, you can continue employing your current strategy of waiting until Olympia or Ur-Unity attack us, wait 24 hours, and then attack an inactive.

Again, with the Randulf situation, you have his side of the story, not the complete story. No one in our leadership has said not to fight Saxons. I am not sure where the idea keeps coming from that we have a "stop-order" on attacking you guys. Randulf talked about putting together ops several times and he was told to roll with it. No one here, aside from the parties that were directly involved, know what happened in that situation and to pretend you do, is naive.

BTW, what happened to RT, I saw you guys have eaten almost all his cities?

DeletedUser13405

RT thought it would be cool to make morty our little sister alliance. The general consensus was to eat him for it.

DeletedUser

Good spin. I actually spoke with someone who is familiar with the situation who can actually carry a conversation. It's sad that he had to leave, but stuff like that happens on a grepo. Good luck to him.