Effectivness of Wall against Flying Units

DeletedUser4356

Greetungs everyone,

I have been looking around for more information on the effectiveness of a wall 25 against flying units. In a revolt world, is it even effective to build up the wall? It seems as Manti Nukes can just bypass a Bireme wall and attack the land units as is, clearing it for the CS to land.
I find it more useful to defend a city with biremes rather than using DLUs and wall. Am I mistaken?

Please feel free to debate, and if you have a report, please post it as it will be useful to see the advantage and disadvantage.

Thank you :)

DeletedUser271

The wall is effective according to the simulator, screenshots:

[SPR]Level 0 wall:

BsOU52c.png

Level 25 wall:

FlGgaSj.png
[/SPR]

What this shows is that the wall gives a bonus to units defending instead of a malus to the attacker. So in theory building a wall does help against flyers.

Now I don't know all the mechanics of the revolt system, but unless your city is DLU only I guess building a wall isn't worth it - since as you said any force of flyers can either start a revolt or clear the city without worrying about navy.

DeletedUser12822

You can start a revolt without clearing the harbor?

DeletedUser271

Yes or that's how I remember it at least I may be wrong though :)

DeletedUser5088

It makes it more balanced because people need both dlu and biremes. I would suggest still building dlu in revolt worlds to protect against flyers. Usually unless there is an event people don't have tons of them though. Worst comes to worst they revolt your city, and then they have to break through your biremes anyway.