Drama

DeletedUser16279

I think you are confused because this is not a domination world. What you are talking about is called a "Meta", when players find the a stronger play style they use it and others learn from it because it works. It's a war/strategy game and whining about players not having a spine because they play differently than you would like them too, sounds like a man with no spine. I've been in many worlds where one alliance has taken down 3, in the end its about the players more then the numbers (though numbers can help). If you would change our minds on the battlefield instead of crying on the forum then maybe we will stop having sister alliances. We all play to win, not to be fair. Maybe if you'd join a decent alliance (even if they had a sister alliance) you might even learn to be good enough to lead an alliance to take out others with sister alliances.

PS. Not a personal insult, please stop playing the victim and improve like the rest of us did. Sometimes you will be handicapped , it's life.

Obviously I know this is a World wonders world... I was referring to players who I’ve seen lose to alliances that I’m talking about, and then make those type of alliances because that’s the only way one can win now. It’s a cycle... it’s like the NBA... one team gathers all the best, and then tramples the rest... we see the same teams year in and year out.... much like Grepolis. The game has so few players because of many reason,, one of them being that new players can’t get into the game because they either become “food” or stop playing because they will never win in a small alliance or MRA...who doesn’t have huge sister alliances... It has nothing to do with me whining. I don’t speak for me, but for newer players and the future of this game. I will be the one to speak out, it doesn’t bother me. I know my opinion isn’t popular, because it’s about the populous:

PS: How’s this for drama?

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously I know this is a World wonders world... I was referring to players who I’ve seen lose to alliances that I’m talking about, and then make those type of alliances because that’s the only way one can win now
Lmao. Apollonia was like that. The single alliance that only expanded to 6 people above the alliance cap beat the world into submission and got the win. Large alliances don't win, dedication wins.

DeletedUser16279

Lmao. Apollonia was like that. The single alliance that only expanded to 6 people above the alliance cap beat the world into submission and got the win. Large alliances don't win, dedication wins.

I’ll explain better. Or try to, anyways. Dedication wins, sure. When 100 of the most dedicated players team up, what happens then? Makes it so other players don’t become dedicated... and you say alliance with only 6 players over.... but it’s not like that anymore. It’s 40/50 over... and im sure there was more than 6 over at one point. It’s the butterfly effect, and it will lead to loss of players and less players gained. Personally, I love a challenge. Some don’t, newer players can’t. A huge problem too is that big alliances bully smaller ones to do their dirty work and then eat them... I guess I am complaining, but what do I expect when you bring a bunch of humans together into a political/war strategy game?

DeletedUser14888

This is a challenging game. You either dig in, and learn it or you get eaten. That's all there is to it. It takes dedication and strategy to compete successfully. I have run training alliances in the past where I took newer player and did what I could to help them learn the game. Some did well but most didn't have the time this game requires to play. This is not candy crush where it really doesn't matter if you are on every day or not.

DeletedUser16279

I was one of those 6. They didn't grow outside that 6 over, in fact we finished with 54 players I believe, compared to Ren's 100.

Edit: Alliance cap was 60

You keep picking out single sentences....ignoring the main point. I know number don’t always matter, but that’s not what I’m saying.

DeletedUser10261

Uhtred Ragnarsson said: ^ A huge problem too is that big alliances bully smaller ones to do their dirty work and then eat them.
Uhtred, sadly this trend has become more and more the rule rather than the occasional exception. I fondly remember back when I began playing a "pact" wasn't just a temporary reprieve from becoming the next meal and you didn't have to constantly keep your eyes open for the knife to slam in your back :(.......
Politics are unfortunately a necessary evil in Grepolis, sometimes though they can be a real alliance killer, mix them with huge egos and you have a recipe for failure. Who knows though maybe this world will be different and I will find myself in an alliance that I can fully enjoy having another go at things lol.

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
Uhtred, sadly this trend has become more and more the rule rather than the occasional exception. I fondly remember back when I began playing a "pact" wasn't just a temporary reprieve from becoming the next meal and you didn't have to constantly keep your eyes open for the knife to slam in your back :(.......
Politics are unfortunately a necessary evil in Grepolis, sometimes though they can be a real alliance killer, mix them with huge egos and you have a recipe for failure. Who knows though maybe this world will be different and I will find myself in an alliance that I can fully enjoy having another go at things lol.

Bigger alliances always try to bully the smaller alliances, due in part because some of them simply do not have the skill set required, nor the patience necessary to build a successful alliance. They rely on gold and poaching to make their alliances stronger. Can't fault them for that I guess, but certainly a cowardly way to play the game and one in which they are only kidding themselves.

DeletedUser10261

Bigger alliances always try to bully the smaller alliances, due in part because some of them simply do not have the skill set required, nor the patience necessary to build a successful alliance. They rely on gold and poaching to make their alliances stronger. Can't fault them for that I guess, but certainly a cowardly way to play the game and one in which they are only kidding themselves.
I think as far as patience goes in regards to new players or even those with experience who weren't lucky enough to have a dedicated "mentor" to show them the ropes, let's face it, the OGs are a dying breed and new blood can be a crucial source of any alliance, if the mix isn't straight MRA and the players learning are actually willing to surrender to the all life/time consuming concept the game requires...imo when you take one under your wing you know within 24hrs if they are worth mentoring or a waste of time lol.
I guess I was blessed when I signed up years ago and within weeks of my first world, my mentor became Zdrunkmonkey *moment of silence, [bows head]* which I very humbly admit without I would've been eaten and quit rather than becoming addicted and sticking out two years to Delphi's crown lol. And tbh, since, one of my favorite aspects of grep has been teaching others to love the game lol.
I guess some players don't realize we were all a noob at some point ;p...sorry to get off topic, all.
Not much of a smack talker, but like to breath some life into forums lol

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
I think as far as patience goes in regards to new players or even those with experience who weren't lucky enough to have a dedicated "mentor" to show them the ropes, let's face it, the OGs are a dying breed and new blood can be a crucial source of any alliance, if the mix isn't straight MRA and the players learning are actually willing to surrender to the all life/time consuming concept the game requires...imo when you take one under your wing you know within 24hrs if they are worth mentoring or a waste of time lol.
I guess I was blessed when I signed up years ago and within weeks of my first world, my mentor became Zdrunkmonkey *moment of silence, [bows head]* which I very humbly admit without I would've been eaten and quit rather than becoming addicted and sticking out two years to Delphi's crown lol. And tbh, since, one of my favorite aspects of grep has been teaching others to love the game lol.
I guess some players don't realize we were all a noob at some point ;p...sorry to get off topic, all.
Not much of a smack talker, but like to breath some life into forums lol

Good Leadership comes from being able to train those willing to be active and learn, not from trying to poach from others to just so you don't have to be a leader...

DeletedUser10261

I must say after reading through the few threads about Pandosia thus far and the responses, I am really hopeful this is going to be an excellent world to rejoin the fray, after a brief sabbatical.
Got plain burnt out for this reason or that *cough DRAMA, cough DRAMA* LOL.
Even with the bit of smack talk here and there (nothing wrong with, right amount is a fun part of Grep), everyone who has posted here at least has kept it on "the right level". That being said, not claiming I know what's going on behind the scenes atm, while I get established and find a home that fits, but all in all, kudos!
It's really refreshing to see players posting in forums again, especially when the ones who are, are showing an actual grip on what's going on and that they don't need to start resorting to bs like name calling or wild replies with no actual backing lol.

DeletedUser2654

Looks like DaD and SaS are officially falling apart, they did last longer than I expected, I will give them that.

Meg TheBeagle

Philosopher
I'd love to know what drama there is in Rebels of Pandosia right now.

Imagine losing your one and only wonder in just 2 days of building it.

Any Rebels around that care to share? Hmmmm?