Downfalls

DeletedUser

Downfalls are inevitable, but if you're aware of them, they can be avoidable...... what are some of the downfalls you guys think seem to be the most common among alliances? Top alliances? new players? etc.

DeletedUser2039

This is probably a non-world specific thread (nudge nudge moose!), but you want one or a big list? For the most part it's activity. To play the game, it requires a lot of time. When new alliances and players join the world for the first time, it can be more work than fun. A lot of players first joining here were new players, so that is always a big one.

DeletedUser

i wouldn't even know where to post this if not here.... but okay, time and activity does make sense......

DeletedUser2039

Here. It's not a world-specific discussion, so it makes sense that you wouldn't limit the discussion to only Eta. It's not really a big deal though.
3NPmw.jpg

Anyway, another big one is alliance leadership. I have seen some great leaders uphold an alliance to the point where people stick around because the leader is a good dude. It's a great skill to have. If an alliance has good leadership, you can have crappy players and it still be a good alliance.

DeletedUser

I would take what Tyler said a step further, good/great leadership is the most important thing for an alliance, so losing leadership is probably one of the easiest ways for an alliance to fall or to disappear, just look at Rising Shadows, granted they had a lot of other things going on but they lost their leadership and the alliance withered away. I think great leadership is a requirement for any alliance that expands more than one Ocean, its easy as cake to lead one Ocean, when you have players in different oceans(factions) it requires a lot of leadership to keep them together, entertained and working together. Kingdoms are easy, Empires are hard...

DeletedUser

What alliances have you guys seen rise and fall due to leadership in this world? and what alliances do you think will do well come the time for world wonders?

DeletedUser

First thing though, what is the time out on this page?! I have to log in every 5 or so mins it feels like lol. I would say Rising shadows was one of the biggest alliances to crumble, and it happened shortly after their old leader and best players left because of internal disagreements. Now if you want more examples, I would say go through the top 12 thread and start from the beginning and you will see all the alliances that have come about and slowly disappear. Would like to state that Night Warriors has been around for quite some time, we are babies though in comparison to one of the oldest and most successful alliance of Eta, which is The Union. I would say Tyler isn't the kind of person that could allow his alliance to falter, so my guess would be The Union would still be around when Wonder phase comes and I don't feel like my alliance is going anywhere either.

DeletedUser2039

I'm on my phone ceru but check the bug threAd. I answered someone with that same problem and he had it fixed.

On this note, I know Bayou (I'm sure she wouldn't mind me talking about it) is more comfortable being a "soldier" in an alliance than a leader. I have to say, she does not have leadership qualities, but execelent soldier qualities. Thus, The Silence/Not Alone faltered. Rising Shadows as has already been said. Many small alliances (countless ones, many that are smaller and of not local, go almost unnoticed. VeP is going down now that one pulled them together, SE almost went down when TomHobbes left (he asked for a merge but it was not beneficial for TU) but someone did a decent job picking up and carrying the torch. Nothing else comes to mind, but you get the jist.

Again, on my mobile, so I apologize if this whole thing is jumbled and doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser

do you think the alliance im in, anomaly, could make it to the wonder phase? i mean, i think we could make it that far, but you guys clearly have a better knowledge/understanding of this game then myself.... what do you guys think?

DeletedUser3109

I think that NW will lose the war just because who tight Anomaly looks as an Alliance. I think the NW should advance more into 36 before having a war like this. I personally think Anomaly will make it to the WW stage since they so far are not really in anyone's way.

DeletedUser

I think that NW will lose the war just because who tight Anomaly looks as an Alliance. I think the NW should advance more into 36 before having a war like this. I personally think Anomaly will make it to the WW stage since they so far are not really in anyone's way.

I couldn't agree less.

DeletedUser3109

Why not the size of the attack does not matter at this point if they get a 19 hour warning before the attack

DeletedUser

I remember way back when I had founders rights to the silence, I always had requests coming from anomaly's home ocean for some reason. And I referred every one of them to anomaly. (When they had less than 15 members.)

Ok, I'm done with my random thought for now.

DeletedUser

what are some of the downfalls you guys think seem to be the most common among alliances?
RL attrition is always a problem. Its tough to fill the roster with players who are committed to the server for the duration and how an alliance manages their inactives is often their biggest downfall.
As pointed out above, leadership is extremely important but part of good leadership is training other leaders to take over if something happens. TU is the obvious favorite in this world but how would they fair if RL forced Tyler to leave the game?

do you think the alliance im in, anomaly, could make it to the wonder phase?
Absolutely. There is no reason ANY alliance can't make it to the WW era. I could get there solo. Building the WWs is a whole other ballgame and whether Anomaly has a shot will depend on YOU. You have a good potential position but to win the WW resource race requires lots of big players. The experience you gain in your war with the Night will help prepare you.

Honestly though, assuming Tyler continues to lead TU and the Night coalition doesn't fall to civil war, the alliance with the best shot of winning the WWs doesn't exist yet and will likely arise through mergers a couple months before the WW era begins.

DeletedUser

TU is the obvious favorite in this world but how would they fair if RL forced Tyler to leave the game?

That will not happen besides If you have good leadership a safety net for something like that has already been put in.

DeletedUser2039

This is actually come up recently as I am more away than normal at the current moment. I make sure that I am still fulfilling my obligations and that a proper safety net, as Kishin mentioned, is ready if I were to leave the game now or with notice. This group has been set up for success. I can't take credit for anything they all accomplish anymore, it is 100% them doing what they do.

DeletedUser6398

We'll make it Ed. ...but I think some of the comments here sum it up pretty well.. Compliance, Particiapation, and the right man for the job... A formula for success in any endeavor. Build a plan, get everyone on board, and make sure the hand on the throttle knows when to hit the gas and when to hit the brakes..
In this game, "Tactical" matters. Participation Matters.. Leadership is the intelligent manipulation of those elements. To command, one must know what it is exactly he commands to command it well. To lead, men must be willing to follow. To earn that, you better have a good plan.
I think we are on the right track now brother. Seriously. Anomaly is fine. 4 against one, but, we're fine. Cutting dead weight is healthy. Changing up tactical models is necessary and getting the right people on the right task is "imperative".

Good changes bro. Good changes.