DoW?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15329
  • Start date

DeletedUser15329

Do alliances not give Declarations of war anymore? Or just attack?

Not sure if someone wants a sort of 1v1 or to incite a war. When I last played we declared war before attacking an alliance, rather than attack them outright.

DeletedUser6486

Wonder who that someone is...
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser15329

;P You and your mates! I don't mind really, kind of overdue for a war, but didn't expect to be facing off against such a big alliance. But back to the OP, there are no declarations?

DeletedUser15329

So just a few fun battles for BP? Respect that....But would have liked to know before-hand xD

DeletedUser10419

In my experience, it depend on the situation. Often times, tensions will rise between two allies until eventually one side or the other will officially declare war. Or they'll run a mass op on an alliance. In other cases, alliances may send BP runs to each other here or there without the intention of declaring war on each other until things escalate.

So yes, some still do but it is situational. You're right though as I have found it to be less common

DeletedUser15329

Huh.
I will bear that in mind. A little upsetting that it is becoming less common, however. I quite enjoyed reading DoWs. Gave wars a purpose, rather than "lol, my ocean so buzz off bud"

DeletedUser6486

Declarations of war seem tactically flawed, much better to run a surprise op and catch the alliance off-guard

DeletedUser15329

Also dishonorable. Which is what most of Grep seems to be these days.

DeletedUser15181

I agree with having a certain level of respect and character... but typing up a letter to warn your opposing force that your going to be attacking them seems a bit absurd.

DeletedUser10667

our stance is easy
we are not allies with anybody
everybody is red to us
red=dead

why do we need to declare war?

DeletedUser6486

You're the biggest hypocrite in the game, just look at your city names

DeletedUser11791

Yes not much hand holding going on in this world, I am really enjoying it!
Name changers and company doing their own thing, KNK (Kratos/Nike/Kratos) also fighting everyone, Caliber on their own, TLS slogging it out against all, bobbys BBQ roasting all kinds of meat... seems like an all in brawl (unless im miss-informed) its great to see some challenge in a world for once where the top 5 arent working together to wipe all the smaller alliances out first.
DoW seems a little pointless in situations like this in my opinion, if everyone is on their own already

DeletedUser3002

Name changers and company doing their own thing, KNK (Kratos/Nike/Kratos) also fighting everyone, Caliber on their own, TLS slogging it out against all, bobbys BBQ roasting all kinds of meat... seems like an all in brawl (unless im miss-informed) its great to see some challenge in a world for once where the top 5 arent working together to wipe all the smaller alliances out first.
DoW seems a little pointless in situations like this in my opinion, if everyone is on their own already

I very much agree. I think this world attracted everyone that was sick of the hand holding. We all have pent up aggression we need to get out lol

Bloodtyrant

Peltast

Yea TLS Slogging it out alright. 90%+ of their conquers are internals, as many are going inactive or jumping ship like rats, under the tyrannical rule of JR. LOL. There sister alliance is nearly half of the size it used to be and contains no original founders/leaders, of which I was one of them. Once TLS truly has to fight, they will crumble like day old bread.