Don't be "That Guy" or "That Alliance"

DeletedUser

That Guy

You know that guy, he goes on vacation mode when he gets attacked a few times and fears he is about to lose some real estate. Look, I understand vacations come up, but unless you really can't get to the internet because you are for example hiking the Himalayas or visiting the moon, don't engage VM.

Too many times, people give up and go on VM. Why? Do you think after 42 days your cities will be forgotten? If you're not going to play anymore, just abandon your cities, close you account, let your cities ghost. What do you care if someone takes them, you've already decided you're above this game, the players and your alliance.

If you go on VM for a little while to avoid being attacked, know this: Someone in every alliance is always checking to see when you come off it. You will be attacked again, you will lose your property, you will lose the respect of others, your integrity will be called in to question.

Of course there are exception to the rule
-You could have been planning on going on VM and your inbound attacks could be a coincidence.
-Maybe you're in some sort of training like school or for work.
-A family emergency, where obviously that comes first and foremost.
-Maybe you serve our great nation and are going to play real life Grepolis in a foreign land or domestically...Thanks, HOOAH.

If I missed any other legitimate excuses not outlined above, my bad, but I'm pretty sure I covered them all.

That Alliance

You know that alliance, the one that claims they are peaceful, they don't want trouble, but if threatened will retaliate like nobody's business.

You're not an alliance. You're a social group. You probably saw the same commercial we all saw, but were so excited to get started, you missed the second half of it where it says "Glorious warriors and their allies advance in to battle to expand their powerful empire and take command of Grepolis with their alliance...". Never in the commercial did it ever say "SimCity...Your city. Your way.".

Get over yourselves. If you build a nice city, somebody out there is going to be envious and try to take it. If your alliance is passive, they are not going to know how to handle your situation and you will be up a creek without a paddle.
It is often said that offense is the best defense. If you don't offend, you can't properly defend. History has shown us this time and time again. Every so-called "Great Civilization" which no longer exists are all products of their own demise.

Short History of Aggression

-Did Modern Man sit around and let Cro-Magnon Man pelt him with rocks and other primitive weapons? No way, he developed better weapons and wiped Cro-Magnon out.

-Did William the Conqueror lay back and let England punk him, I think not, he got on a boat and took that island with extreme prejudice.

-Did George Washington step aside and let King George III and his tyrannical reign enforce his ridiculous policies, heck no, he stomped those troops and formed the greatest nation on Earth.

-Did the United States of America say "hey, that's cool, I don't want no trouble", when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell to the Nizzo, they dropped Da Bomb and nothing was ever the same.

The Flip Side (Passive Civilizations)

-Where are the Eater Islanders? They disappeared when all they did was build, but didn't expand. Simply put, they ran out of resources and the few that survived were easy pickings for the slave trade.

-Where are any of the Native Americans who inhabited North and South America? For the most part, they were naive and were slaughtered once they had served their purpose. Those who survived were moved to designated areas, similar to rimming in Grepolis.

-Remember any regime the CIA has taken out? Neither do I.

-See a difference between North and South Korea? I do. One had an outstanding alliance, the other had a much larger alliance but with little to no training, because they relied on size alone. Classic VH1 Where are they now moment.

The Point Already

All who have succeeded in the above mentioned examples, plus countless more, were successful because of their alliance. One can not go it alone. Numbers are not everything. A small group of dedicated selfless individuals will always prevail over a larger group selfish lemmings.

Conclusion

If you think you are guilty of being "that guy" or "that alliance", STOP IT!

~AEI ;)

DeletedUser

why is their not a "love" button for this!! btw Today's "that guy" award goes to Exit!

DeletedUser

If all TR members would stop going on VM when The Best is ready to CQ them

DeletedUser

Really? You really think attacking with bireme nukes and swordsmen counts as a CQ? You guys are terrible and you know it, so just shut up and keep turtling

DeletedUser

Right back at ya crmarczak! You have no idea how many times we are ready to take your guy's cities then you guys go on vm mode. Luckily, were ready for when they come back :)

DeletedUser

whenever someone from TW posts on the externals i just get into a bloody annoyed mood all day

DeletedUser

It's not my problem zakurum and gimppy are overwhelmed with my offensive. I'll throttle it down next time in hopes I don't scare them into VM

DeletedUser

image.jpeg

^^^
crmarczak, you should put this image on your alliance's profile! thisisgrepolis You know that, don't you?

DeletedUser

they really need to, they aren't #1 in 54 anymore those noobs

DeletedUser

haha that was a classic...some of that 'history' is a just a tad bit off though lol.

DeletedUser

Right back at ya crmarczak! You have no idea how many times we are ready to take your guy's cities then you guys go on vm mode. Luckily, were ready for when they come back :)
What about Ian1986? He got into a war with us then when he realized he was losing he ran to TR. Soon after we declared war on TR we started to take his cities. Of course being him he quit the game shortly after. He also made sure to go on VM so we can't get to his cities for a while.

DeletedUser

RL problems too man you are extremely nosy with people's lives ya know

DeletedUser

I have to disagree for I was merely stating what they did once they started losing cities. Its at least what it looked like to us.:-D