Does gold locking = spam?

cjh92101

Senior Citizen
no if:
a) the attacks land
b) the defender has shown a willingness and ability to gold trroop

if you are "gold locking" someone who has no gold, then you arent goldlocking,
if the city is next door and you are attacking and recalling at the 5 min window, thats spam

Mike Wazowski

Newcomer
so if I message the player warning him that if he continues to gold I will have to gold lock him. watch him gold two more nukes and then proceed to gold lock him for 10 hours its not spam?

Next question. What if I catch a player offline? clear all their cities and send ninja CSs to their cities to cancel their ques... is that spam?

I want to know because I agree that spam ruins this game. I want to make sure I am in the clear with the community. If you all in the US consider it spam, please let me know; I won't do it. I wanna respect your rules.

Shock

Philosopher
no if:
a) the attacks land
b) the defender has shown a willingness and ability to gold trroop

if you are "gold locking" someone who has no gold, then you arent goldlocking,
if the city is next door and you are attacking and recalling at the 5 min window, thats spam
The attacks don't actually have to land to be gold locking

But yes, someone has to have golded nukes prior (not necessarily in the current siege, but some point in the world imo) for it to be gold locking

cjh92101

Senior Citizen
The attacks don't actually have to land to be gold locking

But yes, someone has to have golded nukes prior (not necessarily in the current siege, but some point in the world imo) for it to be gold locking
could go either way but mind having an official clarification/definition

Shock

Philosopher
could go either way but mind having an official clarification/definition
Good luck trying to get the mods to tell you anything definitive lmao

If they made the rules too clear they wouldn't be able to ban players they dislike for doing anything remotely close to wrong :confused:

cjh92101

Senior Citizen
Good luck trying to get the mods to tell you anything definitive lmao

If they made the rules too clear they wouldn't be able to ban players they dislike for doing anything remotely close to wrong :confused:
agreed. i just think attack/recall is spammy. if the attacks land, then you can at least say you gave the defender the opportunity to kill the troops and theoretically stop the attacks.

Shock

Philosopher
agreed. i just think attack/recall is spammy. if the attacks land, then you can at least say you gave the defender the opportunity to kill the troops and theoretically stop the attacks.
if my TT is less than 10mins i'm recalling every time, otherwise i'll lose lots of troops over the duration of the gold lock -- this way i lose 0

i'm not really looking to give them a way to stop the attacks....

cjh92101

Senior Citizen
the attacks still have purpose, u attack like that with the intent of gold locking.
not just mindless attacks, cus u wanna fack around. Imo it is not spam
thats fair.

I dont gold enough to say that I've ever been gold locked. Cant say that I would report that if it happened to me. I will say that there are some that will report that as spam.

Should we use this thread to start a list of what everyone should consider spam? If the mods wont clarify, maybe we could have a post as to what is/isnt and see if we can come up with some consensus

I've only filed one spam complaint. One player sent attacks from each of his cities to each of mine, all at once, ended up being nearly 400 attacks and locked up my old computer. I know, I know, in EN servers a cq may have 1000 attacks and supports....

Hell week sucks, but it isnt spam. Harbor checks are not spam.

Is the slow transport attack with 1 slinger from 3 oceans away?

Anyone want to say what they think is/isnt spam?

Vindication

Senior Citizen
Nah, not spam; even if it's recalled. There's clear intent, just like attacking/recalling while timing offense for a CS.

The area that might raise question are long tt's, but it comes down to the basis of plausible deniability (e.g. killing off population, hunting returning troops, looting resources, et al.)

My definition of spam is solely 'flash spam', but even then you could claim the basis of 'practicing timing'. The mods are ultimately the hangman in the scenario, so unfortunately bias comes into play more than not. The only black & white area for spam imo is solely automating attacks via scripts, which are usually flagged by logs no?