PnP Do you like Apples?

DeletedUser

We won a server before you guys, and didnt have to be a sellout, grind it out for 1.5 years, get inno to keep the server open because we made the world suck so bad.

So how do you like those apples?

P.S. We won an EN server. Not a weak U.S server with no players

DeletedUser

Love them apples

mccert.jpg

DeletedUser10405

Oh what fun is that MC? We won by sticking with our mates through hard times not alliance jumping at the first sign of problems. It's much easier to surf around from one alliance after another hoping you land on one that wins and not minding one bit stepping on your mates heads in the process.

DeletedUser

Oh what fun is that MC? We won by sticking with our mates through hard times not alliance jumping at the first sign of problems. It's much easier to surf around from one alliance after another hoping you land on one that wins and not minding one bit stepping on your mates heads in the process.

Exactly it is shame how some people have no integrity.

DeletedUser

so because you couldnt hack it on this us server and were able to win that en server that makes your internet crown a better jpeg to look at? except you still dont have a crown... guess i dont understand the logic or the reason for posting here

glad you guys found a crown, seems kind of odd you came to chi to brag about it. good luck on the next server

edit: you may have some integrity mcc but its common knowledge nax tried to sell his goods all over chi and was rejected

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

so because you couldnt hack it on this us server and were able to win that en server that makes your internet crown a better jpeg to look at? guess i dont understand the logic or the reason for posting here

glad you guys found a crown, seems kind of odd you came to chi to brag about it. good luck on the next server

edit: you may have some integrity mcc but its common knowledge nax tried to sell his goods all over chi and was rejected

I have to laugh when you say "couldn't hack it" Before I left the server we were carving up both the top alliances left on this server. In fact Whoever wins this server should send my wife a thank you card. She is the reason you got it

DeletedUser

alright let me rephrase... you couldnt continue playing at a level that would secure a crown for you on chi. to be fair the comment included nax

DeletedUser

alright let me rephrase... you couldnt continue playing at a level that would secure a crown for you on chi. to be fair it the comment included nax

I think what is more accurate is that we didn't want to put in the work on a server that was dying and was going to close (prior to inno changing the closing conditions) Honestly it was simply boring. And to further prove that we went to another server and finished WW before this server has. You have played En servers, is playing against 30k players fun or 300?

DeletedUser

I think what is more accurate is that we didn't want to put in the work on a server that was dying and was going to close (prior to inno changing the closing conditions) Honestly it was simply boring. And to further prove that we went to another server and finished WW before this server has. You have played En servers, is playing against 30k players fun or 300?

obviously we dont see eye to eye on the merits of this game

yes i really enjoyed my time on the en servers, actually got in touch with a former alliance mate about going back, but i have been fortunate in Chi and my experience hasnt been anything like you described. i cant speak for others situations but i have been in a red ocean since all but one of apocs members ghosted, went into vm, gave up the north, or left for the enemy. honestly its been a lot of fun in this small area of the map

DeletedUser8554

I have to laugh when you say "couldn't hack it" Before I left the server we were carving up both the top alliances left on this server. In fact Whoever wins this server should send my wife a thank you card. She is the reason you got it

So literally have never posted on forum before but this warranted a response. Before you left mc, chigs were moving south once the war started. I admit y'all were crushing alba at that time. Once we got into it, AN turtled up in the south and we took over the ringed islands created to "wall us in." I never interacted with you during the server and from what I saw you were a solid player. Also don't know your personal story. That being said, your version of events in relation to chigs is fiction.

DeletedUser

So literally have never posted on forum before but this warranted a response. Before you left mc, chigs were moving south once the war started. I admit y'all were crushing alba at that time. Once we got into it, AN turtled up in the south and we took over the ringed islands created to "wall us in." I never interacted with you during the server and from what I saw you were a solid player. Also don't know your personal story. That being said, your version of events in relation to chigs is fiction.

Except for a little thing called grepointel that shows apoc was ahead at the time I left to get married. Whatever happened after I left I dont know. Teh fact remains OOA was on its last leg and Chig was being dealt with. I am under no illusion we would have forced you guys to quit. But you would not have made us quit either. In fact did you really beat anyone? And I mean like in the way we were beating up on OOA, or Virus and other alliances we took out? Did you beat Angry Penguins? No you guys flipped sides! Did you beat Angry Chipmunks? No they flipped sides!! Did you beat Apoc? No they again flipped sides. Who have you guys actually beat? Really no one! Your tactics have always been shady ones

DeletedUser

Except for a little thing called grepointel that shows apoc was ahead at the time I left to get married. Whatever happened after I left I dont know. Teh fact remains OOA was on its last leg and Chig was being dealt with. I am under no illusion we would have forced you guys to quit. But you would not have made us quit either. In fact did you really beat anyone? And I mean like in the way we were beating up on OOA, or Virus and other alliances we took out? Did you beat Angry Penguins? No you guys flipped sides! Did you beat Angry Chipmunks? No they flipped sides!! Did you beat Apoc? No they again flipped sides. Who have you guys actually beat? Really no one! Your tactics have always been shady ones

I don't know of a way to check warscores between disbanded alliances on intel. I did check grepostats though.

Not sure when you went on your vacation but things got out of hand quick. You did post on the externals on March 1st. I think you were around awhile longer though. I count 3-9 by march 1st. 9-9 by March 6th. 14-10 by March 9th. You took some of our outer cities early but it quickly changed when you ran out of easy targets and you could no longer use the chipmunks as a shield.

Could be some user error in these numbers but you can check for yourself. I just looked at wars you brought up.
Angry Penguins 4-0
Angry Chipmunks 48-2
Apoc 55-11 (not counting your acads) I stopped counting on 5-26. Apoc was basically broken by then.

People usually don't change sides when they are winning.

DeletedUser

I don't know of a way to check warscores between disbanded alliances on intel. I did check grepostats though.

Not sure when you went on your vacation but things got out of hand quick. You did post on the externals on March 1st. I think you were around awhile longer though. I count 3-9 by march 1st. 9-9 by March 6th. 14-10 by March 9th. You took some of our outer cities early but it quickly changed when you ran out of easy targets and you could no longer use the chipmunks as a shield.

Could be some user error in these numbers but you can check for yourself. I just looked at wars you brought up.
Angry Penguins 4-0
Angry Chipmunks 48-2
Apoc 55-11 (not counting your acads) I stopped counting on 5-26. Apoc was basically broken by then.

People usually don't change sides when they are winning.

You just proved my point. AP flipped sides after no war, they weren't really losing they just wanted to be backstabbers. Then they attacked Angry chipmunks their former players which is why you guys did so well. And you then you posted stats that show exactly what I was saying. When I was here Chig was not beating Apoc that is a fact. And not one person flipped sides. So thank you for putting numbers to those facts.

DeletedUser

Anyhow. You boys enjoy your locked up World Wonders. I hope they stay that way for 6 more months. I will be back in the fall to play.

DeletedUser8554

I did join chigs from angry penguins. Apoc beat up on less than challenging alliances in the south, no top players from any of those alliances. Alba had some good players at the time but overall were not organized. Chigs beat every alliance we fought, only brought in the best players from each defeated alliance that's how this game works. Angry chipmunks had legit players that learned fast and are now top level in any alliance. Apoc did ok for a couple of weeks until we got down south in force and then it was a one sided affair. I'll admit the top players in apoc were legit, several of them joined chigs after the war and are great teammates. Apoc was a MRA with a solid top end but that's why it fell, MRA's always fall apart. Grepo is all about morale, wars last until one side loses enough cities that cohesion falls apart and the strong players get fed up with trying to cover for the weaker players. That's what chigs did, crushed enemy morale despite smaller number of players.

DeletedUser6919

Well you guys would never get a job in a greengrocers since you think you're bringing back apples and the rest of us can see they're sour grapes.

Nax it is laughable that you're pretending to have integraty and honor. When the only reason that you didn't join another alliance is 'cos everyone turned you down. If you actually had any of the qualities that you're claiming to have, then every alliance in Chi wouldn't have blackballed you.

Awww Mcc not returning til fall. What happened to you coming to Troy? I'm sure that I can remember you bragging about how you were gonna be winning there and yet you failled to appear....I wonder why???

I'm guessing laziness.

I mean why fight in Chi to see who is better when its easier to ghost, or why go to all the effort of signing into troy and fight there. When you can come onto the Chi externals and post a certificate showing off your 240k of BP 'cos honestly that proves what bad *** you are
smiley_emoticons_irre.gif

Stopped in randomly out of the blue for a little nostalgia and found this little gem of a thread. Needless to say, I'm thrilled.

In this thread:

My old teammates won a crown.

Chigs are going to lose (from what I can tell).

Chigs are still trying to explain themselves and revise history.

MissChievousPixie is still spewing nonsense.

Some things never change! I'll throw my two cents in just for the fun of it, realizing that it doesn't matter, it makes no difference, and no one cares.

When MC left, Apoc was at its height. We had great position (or so we thought, at least) and we had vision, one aspect of which was shoring up our borders -- specifically the northern frontier -- which we were executing at the time. Our initial skirmishes and forays against the Chigs, while having mixed success, still inspired hope and confidence. We were gearing up for the inevitable conflict with the Chigs, and that gave us a collective purpose. The betrayal of the chipmunks stung at first, but that very quickly subsided and was actually, in retrospect, a positive turn of events, providing us with both a rallying cause and some immediate strategic advantages. There were some plans already set in motion to secure pacts and agreements with other alliances to establish a coalition against the Chigs, and more were in the works.

Then MC left. And yes, admittedly, it almost immediately started going downhill. But it's false to state that the decline started prior to MC leaving.

Was it just timing? A coincidence? Would Chigs have beat Apoc anyways? Maybe. It's speculation, of course, and eminently debatable.

Apoc fell apart for a lot of reasons (don't say it's all MRA because that's what Albatross is, and they're going to win Chi), but the two biggest reasons, in my opinion, are areas that MC would have had a direct impact on -- Chigs flipped the tables on us and led an effective coalition AGAINST us, and leadership -- or lack thereof.

As much as the Chigs liked to put down Apoc as the drastically inferior MRA, they knew they couldn't beat Apoc on their own, so they enlisted the aid of Neph and OoA. Chigs seem to get defensive about this issue and have denied in the past, for reasons unknown to me. But it's the truth of what happened -- whether it was brilliantly masterminded by the Chigs or just loosely coordinated -- that Apoc collapsed because it could not defend so many fronts at the same time.

Would this Chig-led coalition have even formed with MC still in the picture? I don't know. Probably. But without American Standard or MC, there was no left in Apoc who was good at working those behind-the-scenes arrangements, those cloak and dagger deals, those subtle political and diplomatic maneuvers that are so important. What would MC's counter have been? We'll never know.

And in general, there was no leader to take over after MC left. Leadership, in my opinion, is the single biggest reason Apoc lost the war. Boiler basically became the leader by default. He led by example -- as a good player -- but he's not a leader. He admitted it himself then and I imagine he'll admit it today. To make matters worse, we had a council that really had some lowlifes. GMan was the bar none, like-nothing-I've-ever-witnessed-before, ultimate coward. He tucked his tail and pissed himself at the first sign of trouble. Plumbersteve was a total slime ball. Although he lasted a little longer, on his way out he stabbed us in the back and then took a dump in our bed while we were down. And Darius Nax -- probably the second worst "leader" with respect to diplomacy and politics in the history of Grepolis, surpassed only by yours truly. But I think DN gets a bad rap for trying to "sell out" when his diplomatic overtures were really just clumsy and oblique. To his credit, he tried to keep things together in Apoc when everyone else had bailed, and he fought the good fight for almost as long as I did.

(Yea, yea, I know you Chigs will respond with "you only stayed to fight because you had to, because we didn't invite you to defect." Except that's the ol' chicken and egg debate. DN and I would never have joined the Chigs. And you knew that.)

Obviously, leadership is crucial. My opinion of Jham has been thoroughly stated before. It's not good, I'll leave it at that. However, I won't deny that his style and methods were successful in many respects, and I give him credit where it's due, despite the fact that I don't agree with them. The point being -- MC's leadership was missing when the Chigs attacked Apoc. Had he never left, it would have turned out differently. How would it have turned out? Who knows? Not me. Chigs may still have won. Probably. But maybe not....

Anyways, thanks for the unexpected trip down memory lane. It's hard to imagine this server still going, but I guess that's part of the definition of boring -- it just keeps going, and going, on and on and on...

Congrats to MC and DN.

Good luck to OoA, keep up the good work.

well that's disappointing news. Not so much the victory itself - a token of endurance and devotion, if anything, but shallow and truly laughable in the final calculation for all the very self-evident reasons - but because treachery and baseness will wear the mask of victory and shield themselves in its aura.

Someone should write the story of the Age of Wonders.