Display Bug - Phone Bot Catcha - Critical Bug

DeletedUser

Critical Display Bug!

Only on Firefox (V:16.0.1) so far. Will need to play for an extended time in Chrome to see if this is also a problem.

I have gotten the Phone Bot Catcha twice now.

The first time the Catcha window was on top of open windows.

The second time - when I clicked on the scroll it showed up and then disappeared behind my open windows. If I have not been looking at my screen when it flashed, it might have been a long time for me get to as I was in my alliance forums and was making and answering posts.

I had to close all open windows to get at it as it kept going behind the open windows.

It is possible that I could gotten banned for not responding in time and this would have resulted in some very bad feelings on my part.

Update: Just got another. This one stayed on top of my open windows but the question window was black and I had to click on the request new question to get it to display properly.

--- also I was not farming and had NOT done so for several hour as I was on a 8 hour demand.

I am not sure how this works - BUT if I leave my window unattended and the scroll shows up and I do not click on it for several hours - does this constitute a BOT. If this is the case we are back to the anger with Innogames issue again.

Please give priority to this Display bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Based on what I heard, if you fail to enter the captcha in time, your account is flagged. In simpler terms, it means your account will get looked at by an igm in the near future. Are you going to get banned for missing a few captchas here and there? Probably not. If it's a repeating pattern though, and there's other evidence that suggests bot usage, then and only then might you be banned.

DeletedUser

Thanks Zenima. You are helpful as usual.

BUT

In this case, Due to the Consequences

because of Display issues,
Possible Faulty Anti Bot Logic,

I will require an official response.

DeletedUser

I will forward the info about this "bug". I cannot divulge anything about the normal operation of our bot detection system, but I can say that what you describe is not impacting anything within the system. I realize thats quite vague, but the bottom line is if a player is not using an illegal bot or script, they have absolutely nothing to worry about.

DeletedUser

Based on what I heard, if you fail to enter the captcha in time, your account is flagged. In simpler terms, it means your account will get looked at by an igm in the near future. Are you going to get banned for missing a few captchas here and there? Probably not. If it's a repeating pattern though, and there's other evidence that suggests bot usage, then and only then might you be banned.

This game is all about timing the "bot timer" is not a countdown to 'enter before' it is used so that if you are timing attacks your screen is not locked up instantly to enter a code.

So for example if I have to launch an attack in 60 seconds and the timer pops up then I can enter it in now, or after I have launched my attack I pick when, but say the timer was due the same time as when I was about to launch my attack if I leave the timer it will lock up my screen and force me to enter a code just went I want to launch my attack (so my attack is late), but because they built the timer/warning in it means I can enter the code in advance allowing me to attack as normal and not interfering with the game.

From what I understand the idea of the timer is to give the players the flexibility of when to enter the code so not to mess up attack and support - which would make sense in a game which is totally based on timing.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, I've yet to come across the captcha, despite all I've heard of it, which I find odd. Perhaps it's to do with the lack of farming I've been doing recently.

DeletedUser

TheBlackPegasus

Now that I understand what is is - if I am in attack mode I wait till I am finished then click on the scroll. So everything is good.

It is just that you click on the scroll and it flashes on top then behind. It should stay on top till I click on the attack window. But then again that is just me. There will be some that want it to go to the back automatically.

Can't Please all the people all the time -- 8)

DeletedUser

Yea, I just started seeing this, and I am using google chrome...whats the deal with this?

DeletedUser

I have a question. I leave my computer on and sometimes forget to log out of Grepolis for the night. I've woken up to see the captcha request and have answered it with no problems. However, I don't know how long the request for input has been pending. Will it be looked upon as an "infraction" if a request is not answered for hours (assuming there hasn't been any attempts to perform any game related actions)?

DeletedUser

I won't go into any details about this system for obvious reasons. I will say that if you aren't botting, you have nothing to worry about.

DeletedUser

Just had the captcha pop up using Opera but could not see any numbers, the screen had a transparent black background to it. I could see all the words within only. I refreshed the browser page and captcha came back correctly

Kariella

Hoplite
I think I just had a captcha bug on my iphone... I was playing using Safari and not the app (egg hunting) and I got a Response Error... I take that to mean that a captcha popped up and I missed it? but with the screen enlarged and all... and being on an iphone... would I even see a captcha?

I tried to look for the captcha box but it was not to be found...