[Discussion] Mobile App

DeletedUser4460

Did you know?

Grepolis Mobile App will have its 5th Anniversary this Autumn. o_O

The Grepolis Mobile App was released in 2013 with the intent to include all the functions of the browser game and to replace Toolbox that had a few features only like push notifications of incoming attacks.

This very first version didn't have a farm overview, commands' arrival time didn't show seconds - players still loved it, because it started a new era - the game was no longer limited to desktop users and it's been improving ever since with less or no delay by now compared to the browser version. However the screen size has some limitations that the app may never overcome, hence the goal can't be providing a full game rather a companion app.

Please post here your suggestions how to improve the app!
Which functions are missing for you the most?
How existing features could become more user-friendly?

DeletedUser11525

In no particular order:

1) Buttons to go the the next/previous report - when you have dozens or reports to work through, the process is to scroll down to find the last unread one, look at it, go back, which takes you back to the top of the list, and repeat. There should be buttons, similar to the browser version to just go to the next/previous message.
2) If you are looking at the alliance forums, and pick a city to support.attack, it will switch to the city as expected, but you can't get back to the alliance forum without going back through the top of the forums. 'Back' should take you to where you were.
3) Why, if I am looking at 'Construction Orders', go to the Senate, but don't add anything, the Back arrow will take you back to the 'Construction Orders' list. But if you add anything to the queue, the 'Back' button disappears.
4) Only the number of units in the city is shown, not the total number of each unit that the city has built that may be deployed.
5) City list always starts at the top, not at the currently selected city. Either starting at the currently selected city, or a button to jump to it would make managing many cities easier.
6) Implement advisors completely. Even basic functions like Farming Villages are next to impossible. A simple 1 button solution would be ideal. Same for Culture, etc.
7) Entering various numbers is difficult - you generally can't erase the entire value, some default to 0, some (like the cave, erases back to 1), and where the cursor is isn't clear. Just add a clear button on the keypad pop up to let the user enter the value they want.
8) Trading between your cities is awkward. Just make a popup that lets you select the receiving city, and the starting sending city from the city list (maybe with a search feature), and then be able to scroll through additional senders.
9) In the Marketplace, add indication of alliance of trader, or add filtering to be able to filter out enemy traders.

I'm sure I've missed a lot of items, but I need to head to work.

DeletedUser4460

In no particular order:

1) Buttons to go the the next/previous report - when you have dozens or reports to work through, the process is to scroll down to find the last unread one, look at it, go back, which takes you back to the top of the list, and repeat. There should be buttons, similar to the browser version to just go to the next/previous message.
2) If you are looking at the alliance forums, and pick a city to support.attack, it will switch to the city as expected, but you can't get back to the alliance forum without going back through the top of the forums. 'Back' should take you to where you were.
3) Why, if I am looking at 'Construction Orders', go to the Senate, but don't add anything, the Back arrow will take you back to the 'Construction Orders' list. But if you add anything to the queue, the 'Back' button disappears.
4) Only the number of units in the city is shown, not the total number of each unit that the city has built that may be deployed.
5) City list always starts at the top, not at the currently selected city. Either starting at the currently selected city, or a button to jump to it would make managing many cities easier.
6) Implement advisors completely. Even basic functions like Farming Villages are next to impossible. A simple 1 button solution would be ideal. Same for Culture, etc.
7) Entering various numbers is difficult - you generally can't erase the entire value, some default to 0, some (like the cave, erases back to 1), and where the cursor is isn't clear. Just add a clear button on the keypad pop up to let the user enter the value they want.
8) Trading between your cities is awkward. Just make a popup that lets you select the receiving city, and the starting sending city from the city list (maybe with a search feature), and then be able to scroll through additional senders.
9) In the Marketplace, add indication of alliance of trader, or add filtering to be able to filter out enemy traders.

I'm sure I've missed a lot of items, but I need to head to work.

Not to be difficult, I just want to understand these problems better.
1) - 3) ok
4) if you enter Agora you can see the units outside too and commands in overview (basic desktop version doesn't have additional info)
from the premium functions 'Troops overview' and 'City list' are the same, only 'Recruiting' can show all native units - so if it would be available, it would be probably a premium function
5) why do you need this? (if a city is active you already see the same information)
6) 'farm all' button would be nice, but that's not possible on browser version either (you can however navigate between cities and click demand / 2 clicks per city using approved scripts)
7) cave issue noted, for me it seems faster to use the app functions than type the numbers
not sure about Android, but the native clear button is there on Ipad
8) normal trade is just like on desktop version (select the target city on map, choose trade and navigate with left/right arrow between the 'sender' cities) this request reminds me of the trade premium function which is limited on app (only trade activities are available)
as for the desktop trade overview, I think many players share my opinion that it is a not a widely used feature / useless, so no wonder why it was not added to the app version
9) a filter option maybe?