Demolish The Senate

DeletedUser7629

So after my city is expanded to exactly where I want it to be (for various reasons), and I already got all the things I needed the Senate at 24 for... Then I have been hearing some people Demo their Senate back down to gain extra Pop.

I am thinking about doing this, BUT before I do, I wanted to ask, is there any negative to doing this at all ? Anything I should be pre-warned about or know ? Any sacrifices at all for doing this ?

I'd like to hear everyones different opinions on this and why you do what you do

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The only thing you'll lose is the build speed boost of the Senate when constructing other buildings. This mainly comes into effect in two ways: 1) Catapults demolish some of your walls levels 2) You get lightning bolted.

Since you'll want to rebuild those, it will take longer w/out lvl 24 Senate than it otherwise would. So it's a trade-off...more FS or faster re-build time.

DeletedUser3146

Also remember if some building should drop in levels and you need the Senate to be a certain level to rebuild this, then you will have to build it back up before you can get that building back up.

DeletedUser7629

Also remember if some building should drop in levels and you need the Senate to be a certain level to rebuild this, then you will have to build it back up before you can get that building back up.

Wow ! Now that is a big one. I forgot which building(s) that is for. I had to get my senate to 24 for reason I now forgot. lol Was it Tower and Thermal Baths ? Or ??

So with this in mind, is it so serious that you don't demolish your senate ? Or do you ? I guess same question for Grim, do you, or do you not ?

DeletedUser3146

You can, but if you ever want to change your city up, you will need to take tha in mind about levels.

DeletedUser

How would a building drop in level? Is there another way for it to drop in level besides lightning bolt, or catapult for the wall?

DeletedUser7629

Ok guys, thanks for the advice and info. So I have been doing it, and I got it back down to level 10, but now it won't let me do it any further. Is this normal ?

How would a building drop in level? Is there another way for it to drop in level besides lightning bolt, or catapult for the wall?
And this is a good question, wondering that too.

DeletedUser6486

Yes that is normal, you need a senate level 10 before you can demolish things