Demo of buildings

DeletedUser

As we all know there are certain requirements to build buildings but once you have whatever you want to build actually built can you demolish the "required buildings" to a lower level. For example you need the senate to be at level 21 to build a tower but once you have the tower built are you able to demo the senate back down to say level 10 without losing the tower or anything else you built that required a higher level senate?

DeletedUser

Yep. But you cannot upgrade buildings of which you don't have the requirements met.

DeletedUser

Recommendations by anyone on which buildings you are safe to demo once you've maxed everything (assuming a balanced city-offense/defense). I'd be interested to see suggestions by folks on this.
Cheers!

DeletedUser

Ok, maybe another way to pose this question on demo's.....
After you've maxed your Senate and Academy, done all your techs and built your 2 special bldgs, has anyone demo'd the Senate and Academy completely? Effects?

DeletedUser

Ok, maybe another way to pose this question on demo's.....
After you've maxed your Senate and Academy, done all your techs and built your 2 special bldgs, has anyone demo'd the Senate and Academy completely? Effects?
You can demolish the senate without any effect (except the construction time). But not the academy.
If you demolish your academy, you will lose the researched skills. Under lvl 30 you can't organize city festivals, olympyc games or theater shows. Under lvl 28 you will lose the conquer ability (also the ram and cartography)...
Take care with your city wall if you have tower. The tower doesnt works with a wall under lvl 20.

DeletedUser

I don't demolish any building myself, though a several people demolish the Senate down to 15 once they're satisfied with everything else. I hate it when I conquer their cities.

Besides, you can't demolish the Academy a level unless you have at least 4 unused research points.

DeletedUser1172

What happens if the Academy is struck by the Lightning spell?

DeletedUser

Senate the only building you demo Oriol??
No, sometimes i demo the tower to build a merchant's shop or the statue.
Once a city is located in a safe place, far away of the war, you don't need your tower.
When the era of the wonders comes, the market is very important.

I've demo even the city wall or the temple to gain free pop in some especialized cities.
If you want a 300 LS fleet as example...

DeletedUser

If you demolish your academy, you will lose the researched skills. Under lvl 30 you can't organize city festivals, olympyc games or theater shows. Under lvl 28 you will lose the conquer ability (also the ram and cartography)...
Take care with your city wall if you have tower. The tower doesnt works with a wall under lvl 20.

A couple of errors in this statement.
1. Once a skill is researched in the academy, you own it. You WILL NOT lose the ability if you demolish your academy below the level that was required to research it.
2. You DO NOT need an academy level 30 to run Olympic Games or Theatre plays (only gold or a theatre). (edit-you DO need level 30 for Games and Plays) You DO need an academy level 30 to run City Festivals - these can be important to increasing your Culture Points (depending on your style of play) which is why most people build the academy to 30 and keep it there.
3. You CAN demolish your wall as much as you want and there will be NO EFFECT on the Tower. Wall level 20 is only required to build the tower. Once a building (or building level) is built you acquire it's attributes and can demolish any requirements for that build without losing those attributes.

Besides, you can't demolish the Academy a level unless you have at least 4 unused research points.
This too is incorrect - you can demolish an Academy level any time you wish even if it would take you into negative research points. However, if you have built the Library, you must have 12 free research point to demolish it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you choose to demo all or part of a building, do you get your resources back that you spent to build it?

Tali-Don

DeletedUser

I don't demolish any building myself, though a several people demolish the Senate down to 15 once they're satisfied with everything else. I hate it when I conquer their cities.

Zenima, do you know the significance of demo'ing the Senate to 15 rather than to 1 for example?

DeletedUser

Ever been bolted? Put simply, excluding the special buildings (which can't be bolted), the maximum required Senate for building buildings is 15 (for the temple btw).

DeletedUser

Gotcha, I had it in my head that it was 10 for whatever reason.....that explains it, thanks.