Delta is open!

DeletedUser

world speed 1?yuk!!! has anyone heard anything about a speed 2 revolt world opening anytime soon?

DeletedUser

When checking the settings, it says revolt, but in my academy I only see "conquest-research"... Am I missing something or did I misread Some info?

DeletedUser

When checking the settings, it says revolt, but in my academy I only see "conquest-research"... Am I missing something or did I misread Some info?
Researching conquest allows you to send revolt attacks against other cities.

DeletedUser

Researching conquest allows you to send revolt attacks against other cities.
Ok, I've played on other servers and when on a "revolt world" I didn't have the conquest research, but maybe I'm wrong... ;)

DeletedUser

You have mis-remembered. You have to research Conquest to get the icon to send an attack as a Revolt. Yes, Grepolis should have been smart enough to change the name of that research for revolt worlds to Revolt so that people aren't confused. But what do you expect from programmers...to do things that don't make sense in real life.

DeletedUser

You have mis-remembered. You have to research Conquest to get the icon to send an attack as a Revolt. Yes, Grepolis should have been smart enough to change the name of that research for revolt worlds to Revolt so that people aren't confused. But what do you expect from programmers...to do things that don't make sense in real life.

Ok... If you all say so... But on the us-server there isn't a icon of a person whispering in another persons ear? That's the icon I'm used to on revolt-worlds, That's why I am/was confused...

DeletedUser

Delta was originally advertised and posted as being a revolt world not conquest. http://forum.us.grepolis.com/showthread.php?768-Game-Announcement-World-Delta-starts-September-20th

It is in fact now a conquest world. Personally I find this irresponsible and unacceptable. Many players gave up their cities and the time they had spent establishing themselves on other worlds, to start anew and focus on Delta because it was explicitly posted and advertised as a Revolt World. They would not have done this if this world had been originally posted and advertised as a conquest world. Like Boomer says, "C'mon man!"

Check out the above link, then go to "Worlds" at the top of this page where it outlines the format of each world on the U.S. servers. Grepolis screwed up major. I for one am extremely ticked off, and want it to be reformatted as a REVOLT WORLD, the way it was first introduced and originally advertised to the Grepolis community.

Delta - US4
Created: Sept 20, 2012
Settings: Speed - 1; Alliance Limit - 125; Beginners Protection - 5 days; Conquest; Morale
Moderators:The Schwartz

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Let's run a quick poll here. Who reading this forum, and playing on Delta US4 thinks they are playing on a REVOLT World? Who signed onto Delta US4 after reading Daedulus' pre-opening announcement, as posted in my previous post where I provided the link thought they were starting on a REVOLT world?

Who along with me, is really ticked off at Grepolis for declaring Delta US4 before it opened to be a ReVolt world, and now finds they have been dedicating all this time and life energy to a Conquest world?

DeletedUser

I'm not happy. I stopped playing on gamma because I didn't like conquest, and now I've been playing Delta not realizing it was a conquest world.

DeletedUser

But its a lot slower so its more like revolt.So everything should be ok.

DeletedUser

I asked Daedulus, but he is convinced us4 is a revolt world.
I guess we need people who pay for gold, and lost some of it, because they don't want to play on a conquest server, or lost troops or even a city by supporting a city while it should be attacked when being conquered etc. to demand their gold back.

DeletedUser

I reposted in both the announcement thread and the homepage that Delta is a Conquest world. It was not originally supposed to be. I am having discussions with others about it.

DeletedUser

I checked the game announcement again, and now I did see your update
I missed it the first time, because the main text is still Revolt.

DeletedUser

Well I will not be staying on Delta. When I consider how much planning we all put into starting on a newly advertised revolt world. How meticulously we all took the time to invite one another to neighbouring cities then neighbouring islands and filling them with game friends and alliance mates from Alpha. How excited we all were and gung ho to get in on the ground floor on a revolt world, after playing the game on beta and hating conquest. Handing over our cities and retiring our empires on beta to play on a revolt world which we love to play. I know at least 4 players who did the same thing as me after trying out beta, giving over their cities to their alliance, to start out on delta revolt.

I have not spoken to anyone who was not as surprised and as discouraged as I was to find out 2 days ago that we had been wasting our time. Many people paid for gold, using it to build faster and get ahead of the pack.

I will be logging on delta occasionally to build my city and academy without spending research points. Then handing over my city to the first alliance member who wants it.

DeletedUser423

Well I will not be staying on Delta. When I consider how much planning we all put into starting on a newly advertised revolt world. How meticulously we all took the time to invite one another to neighbouring cities then neighbouring islands and filling them with game friends and alliance mates from Alpha. How excited we all were and gung ho to get in on the ground floor on a revolt world, after playing the game on beta and hating conquest. Handing over our cities and retiring our empires on beta to play on a revolt world which we love to play. I know at least 4 players who did the same thing as me after trying out beta, giving over their cities to their alliance, to start out on delta revolt.

I have not spoken to anyone who was not as surprised and as discouraged as I was to find out 2 days ago that we had been wasting our time. Many people paid for gold, using it to build faster and get ahead of the pack.

I will be logging on delta occasionally to build my city and academy without spending research points. Then handing over my city to the first alliance member who wants it.

Nah,no need for that Larp!Wait for Helghast,and we will take it..:)

DeletedUser

Helghast taking anything of significance other than the highest level ghost town in an ocean, is about as likely as you being considered for recruitment by The Ancients.

I digress though. This is not a thread for off topic banter between us noxnox. If you want to start a thread about your alliances accomplishments feel free to start you own, and I may even participate if you want. Please don't troll this thread though, this is a serious discussion, and if this topic does not concern you in anyway please refrain from off topic posts, I am sure you can appreciate that.

Please contribute though noxnox if you are aware of the dilemma affecting everyone who joined Delta US4 that was announced to be opened as a revolt server. Which in fact was opened as a conquest world in which 99.9% of the players were not aware until a few days ago when someone had finished researching conquest and tried to take over a city.

I was one of the 99.9%, and am not very happy that I have spent all this time playing and building under the impression that I was on a revolt world. The vast majority of players like me spent a lot of time and effort getting all our gaming friends together and organized ourselves prior to the opening of the Delta world to all join at the same time, get close together to work as an effective team.

It was officially stated that the Delta server when it opened was going to be a revolt world. I mean how many players would think they need to remember to go back after they join a world, that gets a special announcement page announcing its format, to double check on the official Grepolis website and confirm that the world indeed had all the same settings it was promoted to have after they had joined? Grepolis made a massive mistake, and seeing as the overwhelming majority of players playing think it is revolt, want it to be revolt, why not reset it to be revolt? Not only does it make good business sense to keep your account holders happy, one would think any business has a responsibility to give its customers that which they told them they were giving them, is in fact what they got. Anything short of that is simply unethical. Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by a moderator: