dead world?

DeletedUser

When I first started playing this game I thought it odd that a new world was opening up every 2 or 3 weeks, then after a couple months you add in heroes for each of those new worlds and the attrition rate is staggering. Top players and low alike are quitting left and right, how many will really be left to contend for world wonders down the road or will that ever even happen? True the game gets boring and repetitive when you have dozens of cities but even more then that is the lack of action or proper rivals that will likely get me to quit at some point.

DeletedUser

Ummm... Well I don't understand... Are you a noob you seem like it. Every world has or will get to world wonders. So I don't understand your comment. It is boring because you are bad at Grepolis and it is repetitive cause you keep losing every world you join. So I guess that is repetitive. I hope that helps... You need help

DeletedUser

well obvious troll is obvious.. talk about inappropriate and needing for deletion, I assume you don't even play on this world or you would know who I am. I think given the 1 or 2 posts per MONTH that this particular server forum has fallen to would validate my original post as appropriate and on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sousa, umbathri is a great player in this world.

Umbathri, yes, forums are super dead, but I wouldn't call it a dead world. I think dead forums follow the whole IPOC thing (people went IPOC instead of forums, IPOC died, our world got really antisocial). At least in SN, I see a lot of really active players. Just seems to be less interaction between different alliances.

Either way, it looks like Cartels could keep this world interesting. I wouldn't call it dead yet.

DeletedUser

hmmmm... I must of misunderstood I thought you were saying the game was boring which I think you did say but Whatever.

DeletedUser

Yeah it's really weird to see wars ending, alliances disbanding, players switching, etc - as fast as few days.

New World didn't last a while, Silence's founder Hjacobs1 disbanded a #2 alliance when Soulcatchers offered him and few others a place..., and Cartels emerged out of, frankly, nowhere. I couldn't see how Soulcatchers would lose the top spot, but I believe when Otateral left, the group made few questionable decisions that resulted in a setback.

It's a slow world, so there aren't plenty of events going on in a day, but I don't think we are close to the end yet. I especially see Pyromaniacs with a great potential to grow after few smart merges. I also want to see what happens when Forsaken merges with Devils Cartel. Over the next few months, let's see what top 10 alliances decide to do.

DeletedUser

I was trying to state my opinion that the devs are unduly stagnating these worlds by opening up so many others so quickly and the advent of heroes has hastened that process. Maybe that’s my newbness showing since it happens on all worlds and I don’t have the benefit of years of playing this game, but frankly it shouldn’t be that way. They are promising that heroes will be released on other older worlds, which is good, but by then so many will have already moved on that it won’t matter much.

My statement about boring was that while it can be ‘seen’ as boring once you have dozens of cities all sitting there cranking out resources, sometimes that’s all you can do unless you’re willing to devote many hours a day to farming and attacking with each and every one, which I know is daunting for some and a cause of disinterest. But that is far from the only reason some are quitting.

I personally thought the IPOC was horrid and a waste of time, all the damn spamming of word games made it so I didn’t even want to go inside to see anything what might be of useful intent. But more contact between active players would be beneficial to the game, maybe it needs to have a limited return.

Silence had many problems before the disband, and frankly I was glad it went away. It was just another MRA with a little more success and growth then most. Hjacobs1 seemed a bad player and a bad leader, so it was let the alliance tear itself apart or just end it now, if anything he chose the better option but he was no great addition to Soulcatchers was he?

I think the slow growth of Soulcatchers is due to so many high end players quitting, most of their growth is from cannibalizing their own quitting players, which leaves their points at a standstill while other alliances are growing decently like the cartels.

DeletedUser

Really depends on the alliance it seems.. since war with Soulcatchers started, most members in our alliance started talking and participating..while during peacetime, no one seemed to care about anything.

DeletedUser7813

Pyromaniacs are definitely an alliance to watch out for, just from what little I've followed of the server since I left. It's sad to see a lot of what's happened over the last month or so. Definitely not what I would have predicted.

DeletedUser

Pyromaniacs are definitely an alliance to watch out for, just from what little I've followed of the server since I left. It's sad to see a lot of what's happened over the last month or so. Definitely not what I would have predicted.

hmmm, interesting

though i will agree this forum is certainly dead

DeletedUser8513

I Not Bored! Maybe disappointed, in how this world has turned out. Repetitiveness of farming & rebuilding is annoying! Getting peeved w/ internal spying. Leadership is out to lunch. I'm cutting Kayden a break, for now.