Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

So for a bit of side fun, the moderators also created a few entries. I narrowed them down to the top 3. Please vote for the one you feel is the best. Same rules as the player contest.

DeletedUser

Entry 1

The year 1492 an even tempered man by the name of Christopher Columbus crashes his colony ship the "Nina" in a strange new world. As he peered into the distance his eyes could not spy a single sign of life. The architecture of the landscape was like nothing he had ever seen back home. The valley was lush and green with nothing but untouched soil. As he listened he could hear the calls different birds he had yet to identify. Sure he had passed an island or two in his travels, but this was clearly a new world.

As he stepped off ship to assess the damage a look of revolt fell upon his face. The ship would never sail again. He thought to himself what will I do. I will never see my beautiful wife. I will only have just the fond memories of how beautiful she looked on our wedding day to keep with me.

Seeing that his attitude was bring the other members of his alliance down he sucked in the tears and slowly raised his head. He look into the crowd of on lookers and said:

"All our great ship the Nina will never sail again.

If we are going to make it in this strange new world we will have to be strong, build a culture of everyone by doing their part, and working together.

I know it will be hard to not see our loved ones but we will survive.

The land is vast, fertile and a perfect place to build a farm on." You are my brothers and sister and we will conquer this new world.

Just as a group began to cheer a silver tipped arrow began it's flight striking Columbus in the head. The blood gushed down his face as his lifeless body hit the ground. The ear piercing screams could be heard from every direction.

The settlers were all slaughtered.

Entry 2

"The moon is brightest on these nights."
The cold had set in for winter, a harsh chill, that goes past the bones, and freezes your soul.

"I can't wait to get off of this frozen island wasteland, lets get it over with", James grumbled.
Walter grins at James, knowing how much he hates the cold,
"Alright, off we go."

The small northern island was sparsely populated, it seemed a different world altogether. The moon reflected off of the snow, painting the landscape a silvery white. There was nothing but snow for miles, but the light from the moon allowed you to make out the outline of the mill at the old farm.

"Why here, anyway? Why not 1,000 miles south? Puerto Tropical is nice, we could relax there, it would be so peaceful."

"James, all of Puerto Tropical has taken up arms in revolt. The only peace you'd find would be at the bottom of the ocean."

"Yeah, yeah. Its a nice island, but those people have been crazy ever since the colony ship arrived. It was just a matter of time."

The path down is steep. The fresh fallen snow is powder, and unforgiving.

"In there." Walter points to the woods. James nods in agreement.

Walter leads them through a thick wooded area, until the trees being to disperse, and the ground levels off.

James looks up, then looks at Walter, annoyed.
"It's massive."

"Yes, it is, but we're not going up it, we're going through it. With me."

Walter leads James around the massive wall. Just behind the wall lies an enormous tower, built eons ago. The ancient architecture has proven more durable than modern buildings. Not much is known about the Gau'um, the people who built these grand castles. They had a war like culture, and according to legend, when an enemy was married, the Gau'um would break into their hall, and slaughter everyone but the bride and groom. They took their rights over the bride, and when it was over, they'd kill the groom.

Walter stops, and taps on the stones with the pommel of his sword. Finding the right stone, he pulls it out, and motions to James to help him.

"How do you.. always know?"

"Because, James, I read the reports our spy delivers to us. The mortar has given way here."

They begin moving the stones to clear a path. James stands and wipes his brow.

“I just don't understand what we're doing here. If the Alliance wanted peace, they would have done so already. They want war, they are almost as bloodthirsty as the Gau'um who built this castle. They want war, and will not listen to reason. They will never end this war.”

The wind changes direction, and the faint sound of the wedding dance blew through their ears.

“That's right James. They won't end the war. We will end it for them.”

Entry 3

A Strange Dream.

A great feeling of joy washed over Jesia when she saw her husband-to-be striding forcefully down the aisle. Arthos stood proud and full of honour, wearing his best fur clothing, and with his trusty sword hanging from his waist. Her father, Craigus, watched as she walked gracefully to his side, and completed the wedding ceremony. The festivities that followed were amazing, fully capturing all aspects of their 2 cultures and combining them into one. As the sky drew dark, Arthos and Jesia withdrew to the privacy of the marriage chambers in the temple, consummating their marriage in view of the gods, as was customary to gain favour.

They awoke to a bright new day, birdsong filled their ears, and the scent of the nearby farm swept into their nostrils. Together, they headed to the dining area, to find their respective families awaiting them for breakfast. Arthos, seated between Jesia and her father, was quickly caught up in the discussion regarding the possibility of sailing a colony ship to a nearby island. Craigus privately asked Arthos and Jesia to lead and govern the new community. With grace and sincerity, Arthos solemnly declared that he would do all in his power to uphold the laws and justice of the nation, and to maintain the levels of architecture and infrastructure they had become accustomed to.

Later that day, news of a revolt in Dilmah, a neighbouring nation reached Craigus and Arthos, as they were having their midday meal. As one, they rose to address the congregated people, explaining the situation calmly. From the crowd came a voice asking what would happen to the colony expedition, to which they replied that nothing had changed, noting who the voice belonged to. When the crowd had dispersed, Arthos took two of his soldiers to find the man who knew more than he should, surely a spy from the rebellious nation. After dealing with the spy, Arthos returned to the city to gather his soldiers and head to the newly erected border camp.

An explosion of sound woke Arthos from a light slumber, his hard earned battle experience proving worthy. Picking up his short sword, he performed a fluid commando roll, smoothly ending in a defensive stance. Looking swiftly around his position, Arthos was amazed to see how much ground the Dilmanese forces had covered while he slept. Minutes later, all around him, soldiers of the enemy alliance were matched against his own handpicked men, with flashes of silver as each combatant attacked his opponent, and sprays of red when a weapon struck home.

DeletedUser

I sure do like the first one.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The old lady who lived in a shoe.. she had so many kids, her colony ship fell out.