Creative Writing Contest Announcement

DeletedUser2039

CreativeWritingContest_zps3d4149d1.png

Hello to the Grepolis community!

This week, your Grepolis team will be holding a creative writing contest! This is meant as an outlet for our creative players to express ideas and show off their work. Prizes will be offered to the top three writers, so be sure to enter your work within the next week, by April 30. We hope that you put a lot of effort into these, as we have some real talent to be recognized in the community. The most creative use of the words, without being obvious, will be regarded more highly and have a better chance of making the finals.

Requirements:
-Your topic may not be Grepolis related in any way.
-The word limit is 500 words.
-It must incorporate these ten Grepolis terms at least once: colony ship, revolt, island, alliance, farm, silver, architecture, wedding, culture, and spy (tense changes may be made to the verbs).
-All language rules apply as if it were a normal forum post.

Submitting your work:
-Email your entries to grepocontestmail@cox.net with your forum name as the subject, by April 30th.

Judging:
-Five entries will be selected by the Grepolis team.
-These five will be presented to the community for vote on the forums.

Staff Entries:
-Submitted to Daedalus.
-Top 3 are selected.
-Anonymously submitted to a separate community vote.
*Staff can not win prizes.*

Voting:
-Voting will take place on 5/1, in the forums, for one week.
-Two seperate votes will take place, one for the player submissions and one for the moderators.
-If you tell others which post is yours, your entry will be disqualified; they must remain 100% anonymous.

Prizes:
-1st prize will receive a custom forum title and 600 gold!
-2nd prize will receive 400 gold!
-3rd prize will receive 200 gold!

We can't wait to read you submissions, so good luck to everyone.

Your Grepolis team

Reminders: Check spelling before submitting and make sure you include all ten required words.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

:-oohhhhh i wish good luck to everyone participating.I will come to vote for this with all of my heart.^^/

DeletedUser

We have received tons of submissions already! Really good ones too! Sadly, several have been immediately disqualified due to not meeting the requirements. Please read them over again. Each story must contain ALL 10 words. If it doesn't, it gets DQ'd.

DeletedUser

Good question. Tense changes are allowed in the verbs, but colony ship should be one complete phrase.

DeletedUser2039

I would also just ask everyone to do a quick reread before submitting to check for grammatical errors. It makes reading easier and your story flow much better.

DeletedUser277

A nice fresh idea for a competition. Best of luck to all of those that have entered!

DeletedUser

Voting is supposed to start today, but due to the massive number of entries, there is no way we can read them all and get the poll up today. It will likely be tomorrow. My apologies for that delay. We are amazed at the popularity of this event. Thank you all for putting in the effort!

DeletedUser

I was so excited to hear about this i love writing and i cant wait to vote tomorrow, and how many days can we put our vote in, and can i vote for mine if i make it or can u not vote for ur own?

DeletedUser

if you're chosen... how will you know... just by checking yourself or would you be contacted somewhere... here or grepolis itself...?

DeletedUser271

if you're chosen... how will you know... just by checking yourself or would you be contacted somewhere... here or grepolis itself...?

Tyler told me that if your submission isn't chosen, you'll not be warned... I guess it's the same if you're chosen ;-)

DeletedUser

They will be posted for voting, and when the poll is up, I will notify all players via mail. I won't be sending to individual players however. Each player will have to check.