cost of spying

DeletedUser

when i send a spy for 10,000. and he is successful. am i charged the 10,000 and do i steal all the silver in the person im spying ons cave?

DeletedUser271

When a spy is successful, you do pay the silver you used to send the spy, but the other player's city will not pay the silver and won't be aware that you succeeded in your spy ;-)

DeletedUser3146

the silver is used even if your spy is not successful, the silver is taken from the cave the second you hit send.

DeletedUser

why is it costing me so much against 1 spy. i have been hit by a spy from a city twice both times they were unsuccessful but it cost me 3800 silver. when i got hit by spies before and they were unsuccessful it only cost me 1000 or 2000. why has the price gone up

DeletedUser271

The amount of silver coins stored in your cave you lose when you get hit by an enemy's spy changes according to how much silver the enemy used to try to spy on your city ;-)

DeletedUser

why is it costing me so much against 1 spy. i have been hit by a spy from a city twice both times they were unsuccessful but it cost me 3800 silver. when i got hit by spies before and they were unsuccessful it only cost me 1000 or 2000. why has the price gone up

the same thing happened to me...now at list i now why my cave is always empty!

DeletedUser4435

Basically that freaky looking hooded guy is a private investigator. You pay him to head into your opponent's city. He will sit in the local pub and get all the info. He is the only one who can sneak into their cave and see how much they have for espionage. If their amount is greater, he will keep your money and tell on you. If your amount is greater, he will quietly slip back to your city and give you all the info. The thing is, you don't know how much money the other city has in their cave, so you want to try and guess more than what they probably have without going completely over. For all you know, they have nothing, in which case you wasted a lot of your silver. But, the freaky hooded man has to make a living somehow!!

DeletedUser3146

Let me break down without all the story line for you, the spy must be paid before he does the job, the amount you spend is up to you, you could be successful with 1000 silver or it may take 10,000 silver, the only way you will be successful is if you spend more money then what is in the cave of the city you wish to spy on. The spy could cost allot or a little, but if a spy is unseccssful then that silver is also used up in the city you are trying to spy on, so it will also cost him the same amount and start to beat down his cave as well. The down side to that is he will also get a report about you trying to spy on him and start building his cave back up.

the more you spend the better chance of getting a successful spy report you have, you will have to learn how to even it out with how much to use as a judgement call for yourself