Conquest with Mythical Units

DeletedUser

Now I vaguely remember conquesting once while sending mythical units with a CS, but the target may or may not have been a ghost town, so I'm still unsure overall about how this works.

Basically, when you send mythiclal units with a colony ship and manage to occupy a city, if your mythical units are different than the god worshiped by the target city, does your colony ship "bounce back" the same as any other support? This is relevant in a few aspects--most notably, some people encourage the use of Hydra in conquests as better than Triremes in accompanying sieges--however, if having a Hydra causes your CS to bounce back if the city doesn't worship Poseidon, this would make them largely useless. For the most part, the same goes for sending any other type of mythical units.

I do know that regular support during a siege can be bounced back, so a city does follow a god even as its being occupied. My question is whether the god changes when being occupied by mythical units that are different than the god the city originally followed.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
I think that if you send a mythical unit with a CS, like a Hydra, the city takes up the units god, so in this case Poseidon, and keeps it as that for the duration of the siege, and stays that god after the siege is complete as well I think. But you can't change it during the siege if you send another myth unit in support.

DeletedUser

yes, if you send in a myth unit with your CS whose god matches the city you are conquering and you leave that myth unit IN the city when the conquest is over then the god will remain the same and be chosen for you.

i am curious - if someone other than the conqueror sends in a myth unit as support that matches the god of that city and the myth unit stays until the conquest is complete -> is the god then chosen for the conqueror? do you have no choice if someone else makes that choice for you?

in answer to the First posters question, you cannot send in a unit to support the city that is NOT the same god. the support will bounce.

that being said, it seems the game has changed. I am not sure that Divine Envoys are still considered mythical units.