Concerns and Ideas

• Thread starter DeletedUser4460
  • Start date

DeletedUser16336

ive already posted 12 reason grepolis is going down hill. and i think also that many players have come 2 the realization that no one with the power 2 make changes reads anything here. so maybe posting gamer ideas 4 improvement is pointless? i might be a bit bias when i say i like the game how it was in 2011-2013. before rampant gold use ruined it.

DeletedUser4460

ive already posted 12 reason grepolis is going down hill. and i think also that many players have come 2 the realization that no one with the power 2 make changes reads anything here. so maybe posting gamer ideas 4 improvement is pointless? i might be a bit bias when i say i like the game how it was in 2011-2013. before rampant gold use ruined it.
Posting ideas and feedback is hopefully not pointless... but it is the CM’s responsibility only now to forward them to developers. You can read in another thread how the GPC project ended, in short Innogames staff can’t dedicate the time for the Player Council and won’t announce a next term.

DeletedUser16336

sorry mate, i only got the part about forwarding 2 devs. im an old school grepo player from the Syndicate days. so this player council thing is new 2 me. what is a GPC project? grepo player council? so what your saying is no more grepo player council, so another idea started then scrapped? sounds like nothing has changed since i quit in 2014 XD

DeletedUser16336

what exactly does...(or did) the player council do 4 grepo gamers? becos the game is worse now then it was when i left. its turned in2 a play pen 4 well off heartless people, who can sit back make nukes with gold, and deliberately go after little players. and that is only a small part of the problem.

DeletedUser16336

now ive tried the casual,but its a nanny server. the 20% rule killed that idea. it would have been better if the blessing idea was from a hero you could get, rather then a game feature. now disreputable and disgruntled players can sit in there, and bolt their tormentors from other servers with impunity. which ,well which i think is well earned :)

DeletedUser4460

The Grepolis Player Council was a community project that meant to give chance for players to better represent themselves and provide direct feedback about the game for Innogames, interact with Devs and help with planned new features before implementation.
It started in 2017 and had 2 terms, US market was only represented in the 2nd / last term, it ended because Innogames couldn’t dedicate the time and effort that such community projects require.
More info here: https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/The_Grepolis_Player_Council

We made efforts to rationalize the pay-to-win advantages (event rewards, warfare packages) but you can imagine such changes only happen gradually if there’s some flexibility on the company’s side therefore take time.
Unfortunately Casual worlds was the first topic in which GPC wasn’t involved, I totally agree with you, without the 20% it would add more value than Hyperborea worlds (where cities are unconquerable), but not like this.
If you are interested in what we did for players in more details, you can find some reading in Council News, about Term 1 only on EN forum.

This forum thread was dedicated to collect general feedback that players wanted to forward through GPC instead of the usual channels, feedback sections that Innogames staff handle. I assume they still monitor it or would have asked to post suggestions elsewhere...

DeletedUser16336

ok so, what your saying is the council is gone, has no input, ect. is finished,ect? it seemed like a fun role 2 have, and was a gr8 thing 4 players 2 have as a rep 4 them between the players, and inno. but as you said its a wash up. 2 bad. well it dont surprise me much. alot of cool ideas are in grepo's dust bin. so were back 2 how inno handled player suggestions, and issues b4. pretend 2 read them. ignore them. institute silly ideas on their own, and hope players like them? so i have a question. since im new here, and so much has changed since 2013, where do i post my suggestions that they will be even read by devs. or even a well placed mod??

DeletedUser4460

Yup, the forum section that GPC used to share ideas together with other markets to show Innogames our findings is not available anymore.
I try to give you answers, but it’s not my duty / competence and not sure that it will be correct :), but you can give feedback many ways: on forum, open a support ticket, send email to info@innogames.com... it seem to take longer to process these compared to responding to feedback threads of the actual changelogs where it’s more likely staff will interact. The Community Managers have meetings and report to the Lead CoMa who is the link between them and Developer Team.
Community - CM - LCM - Devs
GPC members were direct messengers to LCM, Devs and back to Community and of course we needed and got help from CMs too. I really hoped the project will continue with new volunteers. I felt it on my own skin that it’s lot of hard work to not only read and collect suggestions but reassure the community that you are there for them, almost a full time job and then a CM is responsible for so many other things, like support team, player issues, tickets, bans... I don’t know how they do it. @Ryvirath ?

Bloodtyrant

Peltast
now ive tried the casual,but its a nanny server. the 20% rule killed that idea. it would have been better if the blessing idea was from a hero you could get, rather then a game feature. now disreputable and disgruntled players can sit in there, and bolt their tormentors from other servers with impunity. which ,well which i think is well earned :)

The 20% Casual world should of/could of had a much better thought out process and should of been instituted with a evolving scale, with each month after 2 or 3 months, increasing the % rule around 5% or 10% a month. It would of still been fairly casual for a fair amount of time. I would not change anything else and as for a endgame, I feel that should be set as when the world is down to X number of players it is slated to end and a new one started shortly after.

DeletedUser2336

Not sure if this idea has been kicked around lately, but since I have been back again, what kills worlds are alliances that come in from the previous world that just ended and taking out and donating so much that they just buy a win in the first week (Pillars) cough cough!!! haha!

So what I would like to see are progressive restarts, bigger than in the past for when someone gets rimmed out of the water that the next city they build will be a % bigger, much bigger than in the past. This might get people to stick around a world much longer.

Also, there needs to be a cap on cities owned by bigger players compared to the average amount of city sizes overall, or.... make the next city progressively more expensive. I got rimmed and barley have 2 cities, whilst the gold using top players have 13 cities all in 3 weeks. Doesn't seem to off balance now does for three weeks in. I've played the same game speed in the past "Before" the gold exchange.... pretty much destroyed the game in my opinion.

DeletedUser16363

Not sure if this idea has been kicked around lately, but since I have been back again, what kills worlds are alliances that come in from the previous world that just ended and taking out and donating so much that they just buy a win in the first week (Pillars) cough cough!!! haha!

So what I would like to see are progressive restarts, bigger than in the past for when someone gets rimmed out of the water that the next city they build will be a % bigger, much bigger than in the past. This might get people to stick around a world much longer.

Also, there needs to be a cap on cities owned by bigger players compared to the average amount of city sizes overall, or.... make the next city progressively more expensive. I got rimmed and barley have 2 cities, whilst the gold whoring top players have 13 cities all in 3 weeks. Doesn't seem to off balance now does for three weeks in. I've played the same game speed in the past "Before" the gold exchange.... pretty much destroyed the game in my opinion.

most of our top members Play in a few worlds and were gold farmers. I made 30K gold in tares before starting on the world. How about instead of complaining about getting rimmed, Gold farm. and then make a run on a world. We did have some "gold whores" that means you could have made 30k+ in gold in this world and been one of those players with 13 city's in the next world. People not wanting to put in the time needed to win is the concern.

DeletedUser16448

I'm confused. I thought people got rimmed early game because they don't know how to build in such a way that they leave protection with two or three cities instead of just one. That's completely doable without spending a lot of gold - or even any, if you do it right. And if you don't do it right, someone who doesn't spend a lot on gold is at least as likely to hit you as someone who does. So it's kind of logical that gold isn't the issue here - not understanding how to play strategically is. (There are 9 players in 3 alliances with 10 or more cities on the world you're discussing, btw - a relatively small fraction of players. I'd wager most folks who've been rimmed were not rimmed by them.)

The game IS biased in favor of gold use - that's what pays the bills for Inno. That's a reality. But gold does you no long-term good if you don't know how to actually play. That's another reality, and one that's cost more than one would-be conqueror a lot of cash for little result.

That aside, mattysly, your suggestions boil down to success should be penalized and failure should be rewarded. If I knew I'd get a better city by being rimmed early, I'd generally go out of my way to tick someone off - this wouldn't have the effect you're looking for, in other words. That you're complaining about a world with both night bonus and morale doing something to level the playing field is also somewhat curious, but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2336

I will concede to the gold part of the game favoring those that want to play "seriously" but I will still go on the basis that we can keep more players, even experienced ones in the world much longer if we can get a much higher city size for when a player has to restart in a world. I am not talking about being able to just hit the restart button. This would be for any player who lost all their cities and has to start a new one in the world, if they choose too. I guess the reality is that by the time you get killed off there probably is a new world starting. But most people want to try and hang with the crew they are playing with no matter how big or small.
-Deathblade you talk about time. I know all about time in this game...far to well. The time was perfect until the gold exchange made everyone have to put everyday all day in?? not really fare for the common man.

-Raspu10- not really sure where you get the idea that a player can have two or three cities while in protection. I just did the protection for a come back resource tool and even with gold I had from the past, I did not get my second city while in protection. The top 3 alliances were not taking any recruits, but I am very experienced in the game. I just might have a few worlds under my belt "wink wink." But the point is keeping more players involved in a world.

Conclusion, new starts from loosing all cities should have a much higher city size starting point!

Thanks for the discussion!

DeletedUser16448

mattysly - I get the idea from doing it on the last 5 worlds I've been on......

DeletedUser2336

@raspu10 Do you mean that you had 3 cities before protection ended? Did you use gold? Was it a different world speed maybe?

DeletedUser16363

Bro, Gold farming is a thing in this game. You can make 20K+ in a new world to fund the next world you want to play. People need to stop crying "but they used gold". Don't cry on the forums when all the top players farm gold on other severs and your not willing too.

DeletedUser16448

@raspu10 Do you mean that you had 3 cities before protection ended? Did you use gold? Was it a different world speed maybe?

I've done it with some gold (not a lot, I can't afford to play with the big kids) and without, either 2 or 3 cities. Speeds 1 through 4. It does take a pretty fair amount of time.

DeletedUser2336

I like how in other games Gold or credits, whatever can buy you better units, characters and things like that, but simply buying credits to just boost your entire Grep Universe kinda sucks. Not everyone here has the time to play one world never mind farming 2... that takes months. I actually was a paying donator in the past and it would at least help me get a top 50 if I was lucky. I remember way back then the gold exchange got kicked around, but now that I see it in full action, I think it was not a good idea overall. What was a good idea was the INNO using the surveys, which I heard is now illegal in the united states....??? That made it slightly more fair. Maybe the bots killed it I don't know. But what I do know is that 120 players just joined a really small world and made it very pointless to play. Maybe next domination world, make the members of an alliance down to 30 and do not allow pacts. This forces everyone to have to play for their own alliance, not try and help big mamma and pappa bear!