Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Submission 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Submission 4

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser836

Please read the following submissions and vote for the best one. Please keep in mind that the authors are to remain anonymous until the voting period has concluded. If the author claims credit for his/her work on the forum, he/she will be removed from the competition. Please note you have 7 Days to cast your vote.

An alliance with the initials BS
Sent me a bunch of LS
They died in the water
Just like cannon fodder
And then I sunk the CS.

The Gods were unhappy. Last month a deadly storm, yesterday tremors deep in the very Earth. King Theobravepoulos was reaching a decision : "The Head Priest says we should build seven Wonders but these are so expensive... We need more ressources ! Fetch my generals !... And Tournevis the architect !"

An experienced architect who is nicknamed Quarry for his excellent stone workmanship is on of the many architects summoned to an empire controlled by a king only known as Figtree the Second. He summoned Quarry to build the mightiest wall ever built in history. The Evil Viking Warlord, Shaun the Merciless, wants King Figtree's gold mines. He has promised the architect that can build him the strongest wall 750 gold bars. He starts an event for architects to build a wall with 10,000 pounds amount of stone that can withstand the most hits with a catapult. Now Quarry was in desperate need of this gold to build a great structure to Figtree because he was mercifully spared by Figtree who relieved of a huge debt. He wants to name this structure, The Colossus of Figtree!

The Architect

With a loud crash the door to Parthe's bdroom slammed open. Three hooded men rudely bundled Parthe out into the darkened street hustled him across town to the Builders and Masons guild hall. Inside light from the wall torches made Parthe blink as he made out a panel of men sitting at a long bench. "Are you challenging the Guild's contact to build a new temple to the Gods?"

Parthe started in suprise. "No! Not challenging your contract. I am no builder but I have a concept that will make your building stand out from all others", Parthe declaimed. "Why should the Guild listen to you" one of the men replied, "cast him out and beat him for his impertinence". As the three hooded apprentices bent to comply, the Eldest of the panel spoke, "Wait! I would to have to hear what he has to say. Take him to my office!"

In the office the Eldest and two others turned to Parthe and asked him to explain. Parthe gratefully took the cup of wine offered to him and begun to draw a series of rectangles which had unusually pleasing proportions to the eye. "These rectangles are based on the golden ratio", Parthe explained, "I call them Golden Rectangles!" Base your temple on these and the Guild will be renowned throughout the known world and beyond. In due course the temple was raised using Parthe's concepts. When finished it was of such staggering beauty that the Guild named it after the architect ... The Parthenon.

However, in the West, Rom or Rome were raising their banner and their Gods were jealous of the Parthenon, indeed ...