Come on zeta

• Thread starter DeletedUser2770
  • Start date

DeletedUser2770

I am sorry and I mean no disrespect to any alliances or leaders but today just blew my mind, and I was hoping that someone could clarify this for me....

Stay with me:
-Argonauts [89 players] are getting smashed, they all ask to join us to which we deny them as no self respecting alliance takes in farms as players...

-We then target Platinum [123 members] and after a short stent of us coming for their vegetables they disband. We take in 4[FOUR] members from that alliance and deny the rest which if I did the math right is like 2.9%

-We launch a combined op attack on demon and coincidently they disband as well [129 members] whom by the way were fighting TEE and had a nice little rant on their home page about what their success is going to be like... We deny all members from this alliance in our ocean membership Zero were allowed to come

Now Point: The 2nd ranked alliance demon merged into Ownage and now Ownage and TEE are in a pact together....
SO that means 300 players in this world the top 3 alliances can not fight one another... HELLOOOOO anyone see anything wrong with that picture...

ZETA I know this server is new and their are a bunch of sim city and turtles here but this is a WAR GAME

What fun is it if you have no one to fight
What fun is it if when you do fight the odds are so out of whack it makes it boring

Stop with these pacts, hugging and fight already....

Anyone who considers themselves a good player and is in these pact happy alliances should demand they be broken or leave for the sake of grepolis and your own enjoyment of the game.....

DeletedUser

I am sorry and I mean no disrespect to any alliances or leaders but today just blew my mind, and I was hoping that someone could clarify this for me....

Stay with me:
-Argonauts [89 players] are getting smashed, they ALL ask to join us to which we deny them as no self respecting alliance takes in farms as players...

hmm, I never asked. Your math if off brah. I heard echelons schedule was open..

DeletedUser

I did lay down for 2 hours and did notice when I came back that we were requested to stop pounding our enemies to finish up the conquests we had or pull out if we wanted to be nice. I dont think a massive pact would last. But we do not want to ghost the server. So we gave a ceasefire. We pretty much left our enemies decimated. I mean decimated failed ls snipes and many biremes were sunk Sunday and Monday. Our enemies can not keep up with the speed at which we rebuild and expand.

We may have over estimated our enemies in forming allinaces. We proceed with caution! We will look at every situation and formation and league over analysing our enemies numbers and strength in order to achieve success. It has worked thus far and thus far we have exageratted the formation of our enemies into a fighting force. But it is a war game and if the top 3 are allies it would be boring. So I doubt that could ever last not to mention sharing and competing for targets with a bunch of reservation hogs will never work.

I would say give it some time things will get sorted out. I believe we are only going to take proven players to replace our own due to fatigue quitting and moving. Those would have to be top 50 players or friends and family. But we by no means are going to feel so sorry for anyone that we would put our alliance into jeopardy to where we are not replacing our leaving members with good members.

Maybe grepo could implement a merge of epsilon over into zeta :D We are so far outpacing a an older server.

DeletedUser2568

You say come on Zeta... but the server is still really young... a lot can change especially as borders expand and oceans begin to touch and personalities clash

DeletedUser2770

no naturally replace your players with good players not just any players and hide them under a banner...

However a pact is something that has meaning and should last. If you just wanted to give them a break or move on to another target then offer them a NAP...

Still whatever the reason may be the #1 and #2 alliances should not be at peace with another especially if there in the same oceans and especially if the alliance you were pacted with took in the alliance you were warring with... Lets think about that as well....

You have a pact and are fighting an alliance. Your fighting causes that alliance to run to your pact as they know they will be safe. So because you guys are playing the game and causing trouble you have just made another alliance stronger lol....

I understand the need for pacts and do not think they are bad... However in this case it is sickening...

Am I dare to say that TEE is made up of a bunch of diplomats and not fighters, cause If I remember you guys did have your competition the 2nd ranked alliance merge into you all, which at that time I thought was strategic but now that I see this I have to say that it just looks like you guys dont like to fight unless it is 1 sided....

I may be wrong
I may be tired or even disgusted lol
If I am I will be the first to admit it, just tired of everyone always pacting as it kills the server and actually allows sim builders and turtles to actually become relevant....

For those who like to play Grep, 2nd coming will not pact with anyone for in our minds we plan to win the server so eventually we would have to fight our pacts and pacts are not supposed to ever fight... That should be the attitude of every alliance.

PS- Rampage I know your a fighter bud...

DeletedUser

Yes, we do not want to pact then make enemies. If we take on allies we plan to fight along one another for life.
I am unsure of everything that has happened. I am sure the fog will be lifted by tonight. Howesmr is the greatest alliance leader that I have ever followed in a mmo such as this.

He is a diplomat and it is good to be cautious. Only we know what members are leaving. Plus we dont want to ever be a house of cards.

I do not understand our allies taking in enemies. I can not really talk on the matter because I do not know enough to.

I do understand some enemies have been trying to join us for a long time. Plus as this is one of many servers its hard not to be swayed by those that are good people and friends of people. Especially when their alliance falls apart. We dont want to anhilate a really good player with no alliance. He would then likely just leave. It is up to the person that is applying to decide if his will in a way has been broken. Because we will take some exceptional players that we enjoy as enemies for the above reasons.

I will mention the dynamic of the Manifest those guy merge. I would say at the merge point over half of the players are no longer here. Some players have been new adds from other alliances after the merge. The merge was also a merge of a good core group of guys and gals. We are some what of a family alliance because most of our significant others are with us or sons. I do not understand why some of our allies left for the new server. We really can not help that the other alliances that formed did not have the same leadership as we did.

I will say. It is like man!! why couldnt an alliance form to challenge us. I dont think we should not be able to have friends and good players without the fingers being pointed at us for being unfair.

The server is just unlike any other. Good players folded up under lack of leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2770

Sry bud, Good players never fold under lack of leadership, they take over or move on

I do agree that it pays to take in your adversaries once they have been beaten, but selectively

Howes might be a great leader but it is impossible for him to be the greatest, as I have had that title for years and have yet to have anyone in any server take it lol.....

DeletedUser

Hands down the best. And he does it without pacting every surrounding alliance or merging in a lot of useless turtles and sim city builders.

DeletedUser2770

just got better... TEE is pacted with not only #2 but #3 alliance lol

someone gimme a bucket I feel like I have to throw up :D

DeletedUser

Reminds me of the three stooges. They should just form "sister" alliances and become one big MRA.

DeletedUser

Awww come on the 3 stooges! It is inevtiable for us to be pacted to the top alliance because all of the others have been removed from the rankings! The old top 5 are no more.

DeletedUser2770

rampage first rule of grep.... you never pact with alliances in the same ocean as you... neverrrr

DeletedUser2770

thanks for wasting 1 minute of my life lol

only thing tha made me laugh was I envisioned SW was the one throwing the rock and you getting hit and falling into the pit lol

DeletedUser

thanks for wasting 1 minute of my life lol

only thing tha made me laugh was I envisioned SW was the one throwing the rock and you getting hit and falling into the pit lol

Sometimes the truth hurts, like a rock into the back of the head! You you big meanie you:D

DeletedUser

Where is the common sense in this? Where is the strategy? AD is right. First rule of Grep, you NEVER NAP or pact with ANY alliance in YOUR ocean. You OWN your ocean FIRST and foremost. That is YOUR core. NORMAL strategy would have been to form a NAP or pact with an alliance on the OTHER SIDE of the alliance that "shares" your ocean and then BOTH of you coordinate your actions to REMOVE and/or completely eliminate the alliance in YOUR ocean. All you have done is allowed an alliance which is a THREAT or will be a threat to grow in YOUR ocean. That always ends up biting you in the b*tt. This is a WAR GAME...lol. You never allow an enemy or potential enemy to strengthen islands in YOUR ocean which they WILL use against you one day.

Good luck with that one.

DeletedUser374

Where is the common sense in this? Where is the strategy? AD is right. First rule of Grep, you NEVER NAP or pact with ANY alliance in YOUR ocean. You OWN your ocean FIRST and foremost. That is YOUR core. NORMAL strategy would have been to form a NAP or pact with an alliance on the OTHER SIDE of the alliance that "shares" your ocean and then BOTH of you coordinate your actions to REMOVE and/or completely eliminate the alliance in YOUR ocean. All you have done is allowed an alliance which is a THREAT or will be a threat to grow in YOUR ocean. That always ends up biting you in the b*tt. This is a WAR GAME...lol. You never allow an enemy or potential enemy to strengthen islands in YOUR ocean which they WILL use against you one day.

Good luck with that one.

oh please...I thought we were supposed to pact with everyone and only found cities? :p

thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser

It was never my idea. I do agree or understand what you are saying. I would of told suggested no cities in our cores and try to move out asap. But that being said I do not always think long term. I could of had a bad day and kamikaze. It is a good thing I have some good leaders to follow.

I know if need be they would talk me off the ledge as well... See cause some days I look outside and am like summer is coming! Then I imagine being out and like zomg wait im being attacked... I live near 2 water parks and an indoor resort. Plus I do like going out with friends, and some of these hung over grepo days have been taxing.

That being said I appreciate our long term strategy... Giving us the luxury to have free time away. I do believe their is a plan and so far the plan has worked for us.

DeletedUser2770

Rampage is this a hint to us that come summer time would be a good time to attack you, or you just plan on fading away like so many others do in grep sadly....

SW- I think TEE had those pacts in place when they were smaller both them and their pacts and it just so happened through merge after merge that the top 3 alliances are all pacted with one another.... sorry top 4 they are pacted with ancients as well which for the life of me I have no idea why because they are horrible[took 4 cities from them yesterday, gained 3k BP and lost 100 BI lol] I digress sorry

Now that you guys are all in the top, sharing the same oceans it is only a matter of time before pacts get dissolved or I start mailing pipe bombs to your houses just for GP

Poodog, who told you our strategy? Cat out of the bag lol

DeletedUser

hmmm.... I think the whining was wearing us down! To many mails about killing the server and give peace and love a chance... I think we might be just giving them some time to get a little bit stronger.

Maybe a war is raging in another server. I dont know but we shall see how things turn our in the next few days!

This summer who knows... I can not talk of other games coming. But I will say come summer time if I am still playing I will probably not be as active. Life must come first. I just have alot more obligations in the summer. I dont wanna gag anyone with a barbi doll leg. But I will be working on my GTL... well gym tan and kate doing my laundry!