Cheters Botters and golders

SharkIsHere

Messenger
So inno what does it say to you i am here and willing to take a ban for calling admin out in us. Botters and extreme golders have taken over US servers. When i say golders I mean players the buy/trade upwards of 10-20k gold daily... that loose 20+ ciies worth of troops and have them all back within a day. They use farming bots, timing bots and make the game utterly impossible to play. So many of the"old Timers" are quitting and never plan on coming back. So many have been reported for various reasons, but spend enough money or be buddies with admin and you get a free pass. Support doesnt even look into it anymore... oh yeah and how come my alarms work when i do a quest, atk myself or a team mate or another alliance or player NOT using bots...... but when certain players attack iI dont even get a notification when attacks are sent... I used to love this game as did so many others, but I am not rich. cannot afford to sit behind a computer screen 24-7 and spend thousands of $ a week. i do spend some money, and have more so in the last few months just trying to keep up. But against Cheaters and people that gold to the extent of sending 5 cses in 16 hours with 6 5k+ cities out of begginers protection.... killing every troop the 1st 4 attempts and said player able to gold up in a matter of 1-2 hours and resend everything again, while using atk bots..... and when you report them. nothing happens... admin just says thats ok they spend enough money that i wont dare do anything...

When does it end... where does there come a point where there is a fair fight... put 90% of these players up against a noob and they loose.. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER ADMIN.

DeletedUser7205

Inno could easily make predictable income with Grep if they simply had worlds that were "all advisors mandatory" and only allowing players a monthly cap of gold they could use. Maybe 3000 gold a month would be fair. I am one of those that used to really love the game also but changing the use of gold (by Inno) to instant complete rather than cutting build times by 50 % has been a disaster.

If anyone knows of a good world style strategic game like Grepolis, I would be willing to try it if assuming the game is not clearly "pay to win" and requires some skill and teamwork.

Rodrk

Peltast
While this is a new thread, it's not a new topic and the instant complete vs. 50% change has been called out many times before. I would agree that excessive gold can create a major advantage but, this is one of the few free or pay to play games where activity and skill can stand up to heavy golders. Most games that offer F2P and P2P offer no balance at all. Either you pay to win or you are lost. If you build a good core group, that does not tuck and run at the first sign of trouble, is always active when attacked, good strategy etc then all is not lost.

It's not impossible to out maneuver these boom and bust players. Most of them never get as far as halfway through a world because they are a big pain in the ass for everyone on their own team. I'd say that most of these "big golders" that go nuts at the early part of a server, are also the first ones to quit when something does not go their way. The are generally easy to frustrate and quit for all the reasons we've all seen over the years. It might cost you a city here or there, but outlasting an over emotional gold whore is not that hard if you have a good team.

This is not going to change, and half of what is said here has truth and the other half sounds like conspiracy theory and whining. As far as i know there is no secret illuminati bot that disables your attack alarm. For me, it's bourbon that disables my ability to hear my alarm. Nobody is spending thousands a week just like most who are very active and able to play are not living in their mom's basement. Seems the same amount of botter aholes are still floating around but on the bright side, a 4M cave when i take their city is a nice bonus.

In the end, true or perceived, none of this is really going to change. But i would say that if you find the right group to play with, these frustrations become more of a blip on the radar then something that is all consuming.

Don't get me wrong, i think that there is too much advantage given to gold however, it's also easy to sim in a new world and make 20k if you put the effort in.

DeletedUser262

Well, this is what I wanted to know...is this game still pay to win. Seems despite the normal "it is not pay to win" folks, it is still very much so. Oh yes, i do realize I can ally pay to win players to also win, but getting carried isn't my style.