Changelog 2.152

DeletedUser836

Changelog 2.152

Dear Community,

On Wednesday November 29th Grepolis will be updated to version 2.152. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied.

Summary

• Tyche's Calendar is getting a balancing update taking recent feedback about powerful rewards into consideration.
  • Changes to the user interface and in-game text target the understanding of Ritual effects and usability of spells from the original user interface.
  • To prevent potential undesirable clever use of game mechanics, beginners protection and non-attackable bans have been reworked. Beginner's protection is deactivated after engaging in PvP action and non-attackable bans show no effect on World Wonder islands.
  • Furthermore we fixed some potential issues with our e-mail validation process and a lot of bugs.
New Features and Changes

• Functionality of Tyche's Advent Calendar has been adjusted to balance the chance of getting specific items in accordance to their value.
    • Every wheel contains 6 specific items that can be selected by spinning the wheel.
    • Each item has a certain value, from regular to rare to very powerful. The chances of getting these items now scale with this value, giving more powerful items less of a chance of being obtained than regular ones.
    • These chances are highlighted through the background color of the respective item on the wheel. The brighter the glow, the smaller the chances of getting the respective item on the first spin.
      Wheel_background.jpg

• After recent feedback, we came to the conclusion that powerful items should remain special and rare, thus they shouldn't have exactly the same chance of getting selected as other, less powerful items. This should also have a positive impact on the overall balancing of the game during the event.

• The spells menu is now expanded to the right instead of overlapping crucial interface elements below the display for the currently selected God.
    • Previously, the spell menu would hide the hero selection, battle point and coin statistics and current unit count in the selected city in favor of displaying the spell menu.
    • Following our player's feedback, we have now moved the menu to the side, enabling all of these elements to be shown simultaneously.
      spells_menu.jpg

• Beginner's Protection has been reworked to be cancelled as soon as offensive action is taken in PvP context.
    • We aim to maintain a solid protection at the beginning of new worlds and for new players but at the same time aspire for Beginner's Protection to become a less effective tool for veterans restarting on a game world.
    • As soon as either of the following actions are taken, players under Beginner's Protection will get a warning that they are about to lose their protection, asking them to confirm this before they can proceed:
      • Attacking another player
      • Spying on another player
      • Sending a colony ship to another player's town
      • Sending a colony ship to a ghost town
      • Using any of the following spells: Lightning Bolt, Zeus' Rage, Earthquake, Sea Storm, Plague
    • As soon as Beginner's Protection is forfeited by using any of these actions, it cannot be regained unless players restart on the same game world.

• Following recent changes to vacation mode and morale, non-attackable bans will not have any effects on cities on world wonder islands, seeing as they could lead to blocking situations on the respective island.
  • The descriptions of Ritual effects have been rephrased again, to make it clearer that the respective spells must be cast by the player activating the effect.
Bugfixes

• Siege - After destroying a colony ship and subsequently breaking a siege, the window warning you that your city is being conquered didn't always disappear.
  • Barracks - The tooltip displayed while hovering the cancellation button for unit recruitment had a line break splitting reimbursement values into two lines.
  • Farming Villages - Disclaimer banner informing about speicifc level requirements could not be displayed properly if text length required 3 lines. Text was cut.
  • Population reference - Tooltips displaying the required population from a Reinforcement bonus effect did not take Democritus' ability to double the effect duration and thus population into consideration.
  • Daily Login Bonus - Fixed an issue causing the login bonus to reset after switching time to Daylight Saving.
  • Island Quests - Expiration times and timers for awaiting decisions did not update properly.
  • World Wonders - Under certain conditions, it was possible that a wonder did not lose a level when one of the cities would turn into a ghost town.
  • Luxury Residence - After switching to daylight saving time, luxury residence did not update the timing properly, causing the effect to be applied at 23:00. Unfortunately the fix will only work for bonuses enabled after version 2.152. Players with Luxury Residence duration activated before this update will have to have the heroes ready by 23:00 until the effect runs out and is re-applied at a later point in time.
  • Notifications - When opening the spell menu, notifications were displayed too far to the left, obstructing the view on other game elements.
  • Conquests - Some conquest reports went missing once the conquest was ending, lacking to inform the conquering player.
  • City List - With the Administrator active, the city list sometimes could not be opened due to a general error.
  • Alliance Profile - Under certain circumstances, member lists and profile texts would not get loaded properly.
  • Map - Some states were not updated properly on the world map, causing e.g. beginner's protection to still be displayed even after the map should have been updated.
  • Daily Login Bonus - A general error could lead to the daily login bonus button not responding properly.
  • Command list - Scroll bar caused the cancel button to cover town names and movement times.

Important information

• We have worked the way our e-mail validation system works to provide more security for accounts and prevent search engines from indexing validation links if they were ever posted online.
    • Validation links can only be used once. Every subsequent use will result in an error.
    • Validation links now expire after 7 days if they have not been used. Please remove any bookmarks using these links.
    • Validation links posted on external websites will no longer be indexed by search engines.
  • IMPORTANT: In case you ever posted your validation link somewhere on the internet, please change your password immediately and pay special attention to any e-mails received informing you about changes to your account. Should you find irregularities, contact us immediately for further assistance.
gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

footer.png

DeletedUser9378

Yeah it's messed up for everyone, that update made the top bar and left side menu invisible, along with a couple other graphic problems.

DeletedUser11809

Cant use any of the tool bars... BETTER BE FIXED ASAP

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15689

What a joke, inno please fix this huge problem and fire your staff member that messed up so bad.

DeletedUser14888

Agreed. It is messing up graphics and the ability to load the game in general. It needs to be fixed ASAP

DeletedUser9037

If you have Dio Tools extension, you need to disable it for the game to properly work again, until they fix it on their side.

DeletedUser7490

Latest maintenance update was a real screw up but sorted after a hour or so,

However the new layout introduced for the spells casting tab, is woeful, you cant see the spells without closing open tabs, and when your multi tasking timings, incomings and outgoings, the spell section is locked behind the front tabs, this makes it worse than the previous version.

when I mentioned this to the mdoerator for my server they blamed a third party fanboy creation, Dios tools http://diotools.de/

is anybody going to take this on board and fix this mess or are you expecting long timers since Grepolis first release continue walking away in disgust as the game is made more and more unplayable by idiotic changes like this,

functionality is lost with the current spell opening system, (apologies for the childlike writing in the screenshot, but mouse writing isnt easy) lol

but come on surely to hell you can see this being a problem, and to blame Dios Tools and say contact them when its the mods job to relay bug issues just infuriates people especially when your taking our cash to play a game thats becoming less and less appealing the more this kind of crap happens. I left for 3 years because of how bad this game got, if I leave again I wont be back, and i am definitely not the only long timer with these grievances.

2017-11-29.png

DeletedUser9037

My issue with Dio Tools is not the spell casting tab, my (and others) issues that disappear when Dio Tools is disabled is the troop counts being on the left side of the screen covering up the Messages, Reports, Alliance, and Alliance Forum so you cannot access the buttons for those items. When you disable Dio Tools, they move back to the right side of the screen and everything is accessible again.

DeletedUser2640

So that quest that requires players to attack others...?

Thought of that right away. Can we get an official answer on that? I am becoming more and more convinced that most website, game, and Xfinity1 designers all graduated from the same poorly accredited School of Ill-Logic & Interf*** Design. The violations of consistency, user-friendliness and basic visual design principles lead me to think the designers are over-worked, not getting enough sleep, not getting paid well....or...just overpaid arrogant idiots who are looking up their butts and confusing what they see there for excellent design.

DeletedUser2640

And as to the concerns of Highland Wolf. What was wrong with the old spell block that could be moved anywhere on the screen?

DeletedUser7490

And as to the concerns of Highland Wolf. What was wrong with the old spell block that could be moved anywhere on the screen?

I agree with your post above too, I have felt for far too long, Grepolis is purely used for money making for inno games, to fund all their other franchises with, were the cash cow with constant special events, and less gold for your $/£ than you used to get.

as for the previous spell tab dropdown over your troop counts and such, that was perfect, as you only use spells as and when their needed, so the drop down tab was perfect and extremely functional in game, this new iteration is created by some clown thats never played Grepolis in his life, if they did theyd know every time you need spells if your trying to cast while on your commands tab outgoings/incomings, you now have to close the dam tabs to cast a spell and then reopen what your trying to get done.

its a total balls up.

just wanted to highlight another point about the changelog update for the tyches blessing wheel,

• After recent feedback, we came to the conclusion that powerful items should remain special and rare, thus they shouldn't have exactly the same chance of getting selected as other, less powerful items. This should also have a positive impact on the overall balancing of the game during the event.

taking into account the initial gripe about imbalance was that too many of these events are exploited by those who choose to PAY to play/win/dominate.

so in actual fact when the designers think their re balancing things, this change actually unbalances it, as its now less likely to hit a rare perk, a lot of people will only spin that wheel once, and not pay for additional spins,.....those who pay to play/win will pay for the additional spins until they get the rare perks they want, and by default means those who can afford them will get the rare perks while the average player will not.

so once again stupidity in the devs team have no dam clue about the changes they decide to make and how they actually physically impact game play for the fanbase playing the game daily.

of course they should be rare and less often, but these are "special events" and the only chance to obtain decent perks for free for most.

But fix that fecking spell tab popping out from the side, I bet it was simmers who suggested that change who never do any attacking, or at the very least make it so it pops to the front above open tabs, not buried in behind forcing you to close the tabs you need open to cast on.

And FYI I still have no clue what Dios tools is, and as far as im aware I dont have it, or use it, I just log in and play as is.

DeletedUser14888

Can no longer see the rates for favor gain with this new update. Please correct it.

DeletedUser15403

This update crashed the mobile app.
.never had a problem loading mobile app over the years until today. Now can't get into game.

Thanks for the update did me wonders.

DeletedUser11525

Opening the spell window is now also noticeably slower with the silly scrolling out and back in.

Do the developers actually play the game seriously? Moderate to large city counts, resource farming, attack planning, etc? Every change recently is fluff that doesn't help game play after beginners protection is over, and just slows everything down, or doesn't address playability issues that have been floating in the forums for years.

DeletedUser14769

Using Google Chrome Browser on PC.

When going to Reports and checking them, the notifications on the right side do not disappear.
Something similar is happening with Messages. The game is indicating I have unread messages when I don't.
Both did not happen to me prior to the update.

Also,
It would help if you can provide some recommendations. Many of my teammates are having serious issues with the menus and UI. One player cannot click the alliance forum link. Another player cannot check their messages.
Changing the browser's zoom level, minimizing and maximizing, and disabling dio tools do not help. Please advise.

DeletedUser14888

Did you check the announcements tab for the message. it used to automatically pop up for a message. It shoed I had a message but it wasn't a regular message it is an announcement for the advent wheel calendar that evidently should have started but I don't see the wheel on the screen