Change log 2.133

• Thread starter DeletedUser13502
  • Start date

DeletedUser13502

Changelog 2.133

Dear Community,

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.133. As always there will be a short downtime while the update is applied

Summary

• For this version, our developers focused a lot on research and implementation of technical adjustments to improve performance of the game client. We will keep following up on this topic with more changes in the upcoming versions.
  • Additionally we tested some of the previously announced island quest changes internally and reviewed them in terms of Game Design standards and technical implementation.
    Beta testing of these changes is scheduled for the first week of March. Make sure to follow our beta forums if you are interested in the topic!
  • Finally there are good news for those of you waiting to get their hands on Aristotle, Agamemnon and Christopholus. These 3 heroes become available outside their previous events and hero awards are sorted differently for a better overview.

New Features and Changes

• 3 heroes lose their exclusive status and become available for all players.
    • The following 3 heroes now join the regular recruitment rotation:
      • Aristotle (Winter 2016)
      • Agamemnon (Sparta vs. Hades)
      • Christopholus (Nature's Wheel of Time)
  • Sorting for hero awards has been adjusted. All hero awards are now sorted by hero instead of award type.
    • Previously there was no consistent sorting for hero awards, some were sorted by award type (Bounty, Power) others by the hero in question.
    • From now on, all hero awards will be sorted per hero so that you can easily find all awards for the hero in question without having to look for each award individually.

greposcorenew.png
  • The following preparation for Island Quest changes already become active on live worlds:
    • Mythical units can be sent to Island Quests asking to dispatch troops
      • Previously these units could not be sent to support the quest entities.
    • For island quest objectives involving the dispatching of troops, population is now taken into account to determine how many troops need to be sent
      • Previously: A fixed number of units was requested.
      • This change allows for the aforementioned possibility of sending mythical units to quest to work properly.
    • Island quest difficulty is now determined by a combination of game progression and the amount of points accumulated with each player's biggest city on the respective island.
      • Previously: Average points across all cities on the island were taken into account for calculations.
      • After this change quests will become more challenging but also more rewarding. Since one of the cities is already as far progressed, it should be possible to master this challenge easily, ultimately offering you better rewards more often.
    • The amount of Coins of War and Wisdom handed out as island quest rewards now scale with world speed.
      • Previously: A fixed amount of coins was granted to all players finishing a quest.
      • The world speed multiplier is capped at 4.
      • With this change we expect to align coin gains with player progression on faster speed worlds, allowing you to level up your heroes quicker

• The scaling of unit reinforcement effects has been adjusted in some game areas.
  • The base values of select unit reinforcement effects granted from in-game events (e.g. in the Grepolympia shop, through the daily login bonus) have been adjusted slightly.
  • The amount of units gained through Hoplite, Swordsman, Slinger and Archer reinforcements have been increased slightly when obtained through the aforementioned features.
  • Unit reinforcement effects gained through Island Quests will be changed to have the same calculations at a later point in time as we would like to keep them in line with the difficulty of these quests.
Bugfixes

• Heroes - Training window showed unintentended line breaks if stats exceeded 3 digit numbers (decimals).
  • Player profile - After conquering a town the background color of a player's profile changed slightly. It will now remain the same.
  • Performance - Some technical changes aiming to increase the performance of the game client in some specific situations involving high volumes of commands for one player have been implemented. More are to follow.

gpcl-line.png

We hope you enjoy the update and would love to hear any feedback you have here.

Best regards,
Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser8870

nive to heroes that were exclussive to events being added..but one thing that needs to be fixed and addressed is the issue that has been brought up in numerous threads in forum already and that is the issue with restarting during world wonders. system is flawed and neds to be addressed a restart during wonders to get both BP and higher morale is something that should not be allowed and needs to be addressed ASAP.

DeletedUser7318

Really dig the coins of war/wisdom increase for higher speed worlds

dan10000

Senior Citizen
Need to change rules so players can't ghost and restart with beginner's protection once world wonders have begun.
When will you do this? It has just ruined Baris.

DeletedUser15337

Just my quick input. I am a fan of quest coins amount update with regard to the speed of the world, but in a speed 3 world, a hero should not be able to be upgraded to level 18 with just 5 wisdom/hero island quests. If that's the case, then a hero can be maxed out within a couple weeks of gaining him/her.
In my opinion, start with a maximum of 8 coins allowed in a speed 1 world, and maybe just add a coin. (ie. Speed 1: 2 coins-->4 coins-->8 coins)(Speed 2: 3 coins-->5 coins-->9 coins)(etc...)

As of this new update, in a Speed 4 world, it would be possible to max a hero every week. That shouldn't be.

DeletedUser7318

Just my quick input. I am a fan of quest coins amount update with regard to the speed of the world, but in a speed 3 world, a hero should not be able to be upgraded to level 18 with just 5 wisdom/hero island quests. If that's the case, then a hero can be maxed out within a couple weeks of gaining him/her.
In my opinion, start with a maximum of 8 coins allowed in a speed 1 world, and maybe just add a coin. (ie. Speed 1: 2 coins-->4 coins-->8 coins)(Speed 2: 3 coins-->5 coins-->9 coins)(etc...)

As of this new update, in a Speed 4 world, it would be possible to max a hero every week. That shouldn't be.

I'm curious where you're getting your math from.

5 quests in a speed 3 world would only get you 120 tokens assuming maximum tier( 8 x 3 = 24 x 5 = 120 ) which is nowhere near the requirement to get 18.

In a speed 4 world you'll be getting 96 tokens per day, or 672 tokens per week maximum.

I don't remember how many tokens it takes to get a level 20 hero, but I feel like it's a bit more than that, even if not much.

Which is the point of this update-- it's supposed to be extremely fast to level up heroes in high speed worlds now. I'd say at least give this update time to see how it goes before saying it shouldn't happen-- at most they might have to nerf speed 4 world token gains, but it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal.

DeletedUser15337

I'm curious where you're getting your math from.

5 quests in a speed 3 world would only get you 120 tokens assuming maximum tier( 8 x 3 = 24 x 5 = 120 ) which is nowhere near the requirement to get 18.

In a speed 4 world you'll be getting 96 tokens per day, or 672 tokens per week maximum.

I don't remember how many tokens it takes to get a level 20 hero, but I feel like it's a bit more than that, even if not much.

Which is the point of this update-- it's supposed to be extremely fast to level up heroes in high speed worlds now. I'd say at least give this update time to see how it goes before saying it shouldn't happen-- at most they might have to nerf speed 4 world token gains, but it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal.
It cost 116 wisdom coins to get a hero to level 18. And my math was rough. With 672 coins per week though, as your math suggests, that should be VERY close to maxing a hero.

DeletedUser7318

It cost 116 wisdom coins to get a hero to level 18. And my math was rough. With 672 coins per week though, as your math suggests, that should be VERY close to maxing a hero.
There's absolutely no way it only costs 116 wisdom coins to get to level 18, that's less than 10 per level which is literally impossible considering it starts at 12 to get to level 2, and it starts scaling up very quickly.

DeletedUser15337

There's absolutely no way it only costs 116 wisdom coins to get to level 18, that's less than 10 per level which is literally impossible considering it starts at 12 to get to level 2, and it starts scaling up very quickly.

Checked now, it costs Democritus 131 wisdom to get to 19.

DeletedUser11525

Checking a handful of my heros (and it looks like the same values regardless of hero):
from 8 -> 9: 37
from 10 -> 11: 51
from 11 -> 12: 58
from 14 -> 15: 85
from 15 -> 16: 96
from 16 -> 17: 107

So, to get a hero from level 18 to level 19, 131 sounds about right, but you also need all of the coins to get to level 18 to start with, in addition to buying the hero to begin with.

DeletedUser7318

Checked now, it costs Democritus 131 wisdom to get to 19.

Oh, my bad, I thought you were claiming that it was 116 total, not just one level up.

If you were referring to one level up, I really don't see the big deal in your statement? Going from 17 > 18 isn't that big of a power jump, and things like that being made easier are exactly why this update is being pushed, so I'm a bit confused as to why you used that example.

But yeah, given the values, on a speed 4 world you'll be able to max a hero in just over a week of doing quests constantly.

Keep in mind this is the most extreme example though, and speed 4 worlds SHOULD be extremely fast, so I don't see why heroes should be the exception.