Calling all warlords of Crorith

DeletedUser8513

First, thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm new to Grepo, but not to war gaming. I've already made a few mistakes within the first 10 day's. I'm not at the ranking some have predicted (posted), kind of slow map, dislike the the island (looks like a beaten baby lying next to it's mothers cut-off breast), but starting to dig this game. There are Alliances popping up all over. I have received + 10 local request. I want to know, from each leader, why I should follow you! This thread should help all leaders to present qualifications for willing followers. State your case one time & be done with it! Those that play this world & don't this thread, will be there bad. Thanks again

DeletedUser7813

Being in ocean 44, my best suggestion is Fear. (Note, I'm not in this alliance) They're one of the few alliances that isn't an MRA. That is, they don't massively recruit everyone that pops up on the map. They look for either proximity or points or both as criteria for selecting players. They're also one of the few alliances that don't suck, coincidentally.

DeletedUser

This is an interesting way to start a debate and get the leaders going! My question would be what makes you worthy to join a top alliance?

I'm impressed by you Otateral how you recommended another alliance the way you did, most people wouldn't do that. I commend you for that.

To the original question, I'm based in O45, we have a tight core of members down in 46 also and a few players over in 55 and some on the boarder of 44/45. The only way I'd be interested in taking you is if you were located on the boarder. If you're not here there's not much help you could be to us currently. If you're in this area by all means message me in the game if you'd like...but you must be active daily! You took the time to post this thread so I'm assuming you'll be dedicated to the game and not someone who joins and asks 10000 questions without doing a little research yourself on the wiki!

Lord Kayden
Tartarus Legacy
tartarusindexccc.jpg

DeletedUser8513

Thank you both for your replies. I also agree with you Sr. Kayden to speak highly of Otateral on pointing out a potential ally near me, not of his own. I'm a newb to Grepo, not to the art of war. I really started this thread, to find out Whom are willing to lead the eager. I like this game & want to learn, to be an asset, not a hindrance. I'm over the hill & you can teach old dogs new tricks. I will be talking to you, Sr. Lord Kayden.

DeletedUser

I’m new to this game (style and genre) and like Goinski, I’ve been continuously invited to Alliances.

I’d like to know more about an Alliance before I commit to it. I want to be an asset (which will, admittedly, take some learning for me), but I’m not the kind of player who jumps from Alliance to Alliance on a whim. It sets a bad precedence for me when I’m invited without an explanation as to what the Alliance will provide for me, and what they expect from me.

That said, unlike other MMO’s I have played, I’m getting the feeling that in this game, joining an Alliance is important to one’s survival. Especially when those in my island are continuing to pick sides. (We’re an island of recently fresh players, as you can imagine.)

I don’t fully understand the layout of ‘world’ yet, but I’m sure the Alliances I’m encountering are not one of the more establish, experienced, core-world Alliance. Seeing as distance from other members is an important issue, I can understand the limitation. Lack of experience won't stop me from joining. But lack of communication will leave me hesitant.

So far, this game is fascinating and I hope to become an asset to an Alliance one day soon. But I can’t say I’m eager to join random mass invites. Tell us about yourselves. You have an audience.

So, until that day, I’ll be quietly lurking, reading and learning.

Happy hunting, folks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8513

Thank you Truion, my thoughts explained in more detail. Anyone like to add more? How about from the clan leaders or even dedicated members!

DeletedUser

This game is all about alliances and support. I believe it's developed around that concept much better than another game I played similar to this one. An alliance will fail without organization in this game and coordination. This is an important concept in attacking and defending when a colonial ship is coming to take your city. You are obviously capped on the number of troops you can build depending on how you lay out your city so when you have a large number of players attacking one city it forces you to get support from your alliance members or you're going to die! It is a team effort here and strategy is important. With that said mass recruiting alliances are typically spread all over the place and care about large numbers. A "focused" and solid alliance confined to a smaller area has a strong core which is great for defending and attacking.

DeletedUser

True but...

This game is all about alliances and support. I believe it's developed around that concept much better than another game I played similar to this one. An alliance will fail without organization in this game and coordination. This is an important concept in attacking and defending when a colonial ship is coming to take your city. You are obviously capped on the number of troops you can build depending on how you lay out your city so when you have a large number of players attacking one city it forces you to get support from your alliance members or you're going to die! It is a team effort here and strategy is important. With that said mass recruiting alliances are typically spread all over the place and care about large numbers. A "focused" and solid alliance confined to a smaller area has a strong core which is great for defending and attacking.

It's so true what you are saying but it's funny too. Soulcatchers write on their alliance description that they are in war with everyone which is a MRA. But when you look on the map, they are the one which spread over the map.
http://us28.grepolismaps.org/bf786a9e9b79f8c7cbe8440442dae798 - take a look.
Soulcatchers are a MRA for players which pay money for the game and for everyone which is not new to the game. Means they give you only a chance when you pay or when you played on another server before and they take everyone - doesn't matter how far you away from their HQ. It's so duplicitously from them, to write that they are against MRA.

DeletedUser

It's so true what you are saying but it's funny too. Soulcatchers write on their alliance description that they are in war with everyone which is a MRA. But when you look on the map, they are the one which spread over the map.
http://us28.grepolismaps.org/bf786a9e9b79f8c7cbe8440442dae798 - take a look.
Soulcatchers are a MRA for players which pay money for the game and for everyone which is not new to the game. Means they give you only a chance when you pay or when you played on another server before and they take everyone - doesn't matter how far you away from their HQ. It's so duplicitously from them, to write that they are against MRA.

You can say what you want about Soulcatchers. I don't particularly care. The results will speak for themselves.

DeletedUser7813

MRA = Massively Recruiting Alliance

This means recruiting a lot of players, regardless of location or points. Your criticism of soulcatchers is that we don't let just anybody in? How can you then call us an MRA? Also, how exactly can you call an alliance 1/3 your size an MRA? What does that make you? A MMMRA? (Massively majorly monstrous recruiting alliance) Regarding gold, at least half our players don't spend *any* gold, not that there's anything wrong with that. It is the source of funding for this game, after all. So, what's left? Oh yeah, we take in only good players... guilty as charged.

Let's look at Hades, on the other hand.

http://us28.grepolismaps.org/48a8e48ed15a49cac66a39cdfbfcd96b

That's just sad. You're just all over the place.

Let's also look at your alliance's bio page.

Acts of War!!!

1. Inviting our members
2. spying on our members
3. sending threatening letters
4. attacking our members

Considering that you've been caught inviting and sending threatening messages to players, regardless of alliance, it seems it's YOU that has declared war on the server.

DeletedUser

This means recruiting a lot of players, regardless of location or points. Your criticism of soulcatchers is that we don't let just anybody in? How can you then call us an MRA? Also, how exactly can you call an alliance 1/3 your size an MRA? What does that make you? A MMMRA? (Massively majorly monstrous recruiting alliance) Regarding gold, at least half our players don't spend *any* gold, not that there's anything wrong with that. It is the source of funding for this game, after all. So, what's left? Oh yeah, we take in only good players... guilty as charged.

Considering that you've been caught inviting and sending threatening messages to players, regardless of alliance, it seems it's YOU that has declared war on the server.

Couldn't have said it any better, Otateral.

And another thing, SoulofMedea says we don't take new players? That is a lie. We're fine if you haven't had much Grepo experience before. What we're not fine with is cocky, arrogant new players that like to run their mouths. That sound like anybody to you? ...a person that may have posted in this very thread?

DeletedUser

1.) For me it's fine when you call us a MRA. We only take members from 3 oceans and that's only because the alliance limit is so high. My point is that soulcatchers is a MRA too - you take members from over 4 oceans. You guys don't even have a ocean limit. So in your own logic you have to attack yourself.
2.) Only one of our members sent threatening messages and he lost all his rights in Hades Hellhounds and promised me to stop.
3.) It's really funny, because you guys not only have to fight yourself for being a MRA, you have to fight most of the higher ranked alliances in Corinth - in your own logic.

DeletedUser

1.) For me it's fine when you call us a MRA. We only take members from 3 oceans and that's only because the alliance limit is so high. My point is that soulcatchers is a MRA too - you take members from over 4 oceans. You guys don't even have a ocean limit. So in your own logic you have to attack yourself.
2.) Only one of our members sent threatening messages and he lost all his rights in Hades Hellhounds and promised me to stop.
3.) It's really funny, because you guys not only have to fight yourself, for being a MRA you have to fight most of the higher ranked alliances in Corinth.

He's talking about your messages.

DeletedUser

He's talking about your messages.
I never sent threatening messages. I only wrote players which are in no alliance or far away from their HQ of their alliance, that they should join us, when they are near us. I sent reasons too:
The biggest reason to join an alliance which is near you is that you will get help when you are under attack. That's no threatening - that's a fact. Maybe I sent them to soulcatchers, but only because I don't like arrogant alliances which only take members if they pay or are already experienced.

DeletedUser7813

http://us28.grepolismaps.org/e5db63bb3175a380cc1cac0ff9be4776 - look at this image. You are far away from your alliance and they won't and can't help you when you are under attack.
So why not joining us? You are in our hive (Hades Hellhounds).

Regards

Medea

So, a mobster walks into a shop. He leans over the counter and looks at the shop owner and tells him, "Listen... you need protection. This neighborhood is dangerous."

The shop owner looks alarmed but asks, "Protection from what?"

The mobster smiles and says, "Protection from us."

In any event, that same sort of message could be sent to nearly everyone in your alliance. Because none of them are in a position to be protected by their current alliance. 2/3 (possibly more) of your alliance doesn't even have biremes yet. Pick any random player in your group then try to find a player close to him that's in a position to provide adequate defence. Then see how long it would take for that defense to get there.

Your entire alliance is full of holes. Gaping holes. Meanwhile, Soulcatchers are building for dominance. Because we take in only experienced players or strong players willing to learn (yeah, we've got quite a few of those just so you know) we're in a position that each player can protect themselves in the early weeks of this server. Pick just about any member of our alliance and see how long it takes for a strong player to send him adequate support. It's not long. Furthermore, he already has adequate support in his own city because he's stronger than his surrounding enemies.

These are features that don't describe Hades Hellhounds. And it's why Soulcatchers is not an MRA.

DeletedUser7813

http://www.grepointel.com/map.php?server=us28&ref=6hmbwhpipfaa0fb524tdjjv9s0luqa37aiqwqbvt

The orange cities on your map are the only ones likely capable of any sort of assistance in attacks or defense. What's left is a conglomeration of noobs. Half of them won't be playing in one month's time. The other half will grow at a steadily slow rate until such a time as an alliance that actually wants to move in that direction decides to take their cities. At the moment, nothing out there on the rim looks likely to pop up so your alliance will probably float along for another 4 months.

During that time, you have plenty of time to teach your noobs how to play the game and to also learn how to lead, yourself. It's a fairly well worn pattern that exists in Grepolis that I wish I knew about when I first started playing. It would have saved me a lot of time, that's for sure. lol

I have nothing against you, New World, Celestial or any of the other MRAs that will pop up on the server. You all serve a great purpose in keeping this game interesting and providing the fuel (cities) needed for a conquering army in future months.

DeletedUser

I don't even get the point of talking about rankings at this point in the game, world hasn't even been open 2 weeks...

I joined Fear personally because they are in my ocean and seemed like a good grouping of players to play with. Outside of one foul up, I've seen nothing to make me believe otherwise yet.

In my opinion the only things that make an alliance in this game worth joining are as follows:

Don't send me an invite without saying anything...it's annoying.

Don't send me a message with an invite asking me to join. Announce your alliance, intent, and experience (if any)

Don't post "acts of war." This is just me personally because like others the only thing in this game that is an act of war is joining the game itself. You play with the intent to beat everyone else, so acting on war is your only option if you wanna play.

On that note, don't ever send invites with messages or mottos like "we are a small group who are peaceful until you mess with us" or "we just want to have fun getting stronger in our ocean." Oceans are very small and if you limit yourself there, you lose. If you go by the above motto you already detached yourself from the game and are basically telling people you're waiting to be rimmed.

In the end join something that matches your play style and interest level. Me personally I want something that's aggressive and intends to move consistently and regularly once this world grows up. It doesn't have to be all World Wonder and Hero world openers, but as long as you desire the chance to fight then whether you have 10 members or 100, you're an alliance who's playing correctly.

DeletedUser8434

Couldn't have said it any better, Otateral.

And another thing, SoulofMedea says we don't take new players? That is a lie. We're fine if you haven't had much Grepo experience before. What we're not fine with is cocky, arrogant new players that like to run their mouths. That sound like anybody to you? ...a person that may have posted in this very thread?

Yea, that's an odd claim to make. I was recruited in this world into Soulcatchers and I'd only been playing this game for 7 days.

Of course, I did read guides and looked through forums to get up to speed fast :)

DeletedUser7813

Yea, that's an odd claim to make. I was recruited in this world into Soulcatchers and I'd only been playing this game for 7 days.

Of course, I did read guides and looked through forums to get up to speed fast :)

Exactly. There's a big difference between an active new player that wants to learn and catches on quickly, and a dude that logs in once a day to build up his marketplace.

DeletedUser

Ok tell Doviathan that I'm gonna start randomly inviting you guys! lol jk :eek:

SoulofMedea I don't even know you but I find what you're saying interesting. I'm not sure why what I said was funny when it's true. Unless it's funny because it's hard to find solid alliance from the start of this game???

I'm gonna have to agree with Otateral on this one. Not sure how you an call soulcathers an MRA when they started off incredibly small with a solid bunch of players. Spending gold or not they've made strategic moves to not only recruit good players but alliance merges as well. They may be spread out all over the place but you might want to check their attack points and average it out among the number of players they have. Those stats don't come from an MRA, just saying.