Building or Fighting?

DeletedUser2630

Just curious as to people's views.....do you enjoy building or fighting more?
If building, what are you focused on building?
If fighting, are you offensive minded or just love defense?

DeletedUser2385

Fighting.... Offense.... thisisgrepolis

Altho defense can be fun too :)

DeletedUser2039

You build overall, to be better offensively and defensively prepared. Of coarse many will favor offense (as do I), I also love supporting my members. It's good to know we can help each other out. Sense of being one strong unit >The Union. While we started off favoring conservitive approach, many inexperienced players are getting involved and out vets are leading them.

Conclusion...well, offense is fun, defense can be a good experience; you build to fight but you don't fight to build.. I just hate building 1 LS per 2.5 hours haha you end up using a lot of call of the ocean spells.

DeletedUser

Fight when you can, what you can, call your targets, know your enemy. Be prepared for the backlash. Fight Fight Fight

DeletedUser

I build to fight and fight to build. They go hand in hand in my opinion. It is a war game after all.

DeletedUser2039

Well here is what I meant when I said that:
I build to gain a better advantage for fighting, seems pretty simple.
I do not however fight others for the right to build my city. I will always be looking for enemies regardless.

DeletedUser

Very succinct Tyler. Building to gain a better advantage to fighting is the short version of what I meant, but I tend to be long winded.

DeletedUser

I usually build offense. Horses, hoplites, and slingers with the odd cerberus and erinyes thrown in.

DeletedUser2039

Cerberus is a bleh attacking unit...Erinys are favor whores haha that's not even considering resources.

DeletedUser

You're right on both points, but I like the numbers they give for a couple of them. Mostly load up on hops and horses.

DeletedUser

Cerberus is a bleh attacking unit...Erinys are favor whores haha that's not even considering resources.
I have to disagree, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I rather like my Cerberus, and I have been working really hard to get a high enough temple to get the erynes, they cost a lot of favor, but they're worth it :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2039

I have to disagree, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I rather like my Cerberus, and I have been worked really hard to get a high enough temple to get the erynes, they cost a lot of favor, but they're worth it :p
1. Their's an edit button...
2. Cerberi suck for attacking.

Cerberus blunt attack per population: 210/30=7
Horsemen blunt attack per population: 55/3=18.333

Cerberus speed: 4
Horsemen speed: 22

Cerberus resource cost per blunt attack points: (1250+1500+3000)/210=27.381
Horsemen resource cost per blunt attack points: (240+120+360)/55=13.091
*This isn't even accounting for the favor wasted by producing Cerberi.*

As you can see, it's not just opinion, it is fact based.

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
However Ceberi paired with archers are incredibly hard to break in defence and for me, that makes up for the lack of being able to attack well.

DeletedUser2039

This was based on Cerberi attack effectiveness...but besides the point, you simply suck. :p

DeletedUser

Tyler cries about the lack of posting on the forums then when some new players actually post (right or wrong on their game play opinions) he runs them down and criticizes them. Way to drum up new blood to keep the forums active.

DeletedUser2039

That's not true. I made no implications to the player about their inexperience or anything of the sort, I simply corrected a player who misunderstood opinion vs. fact on a unit.

Now lidos calling "#served" was a bit over the top and I assumed a mod would just delete that, but I think I attempt to help players more than I put them down...:D

DeletedUser

That's not true. I made no implications to the player about their inexperience or anything of the sort, I simply corrected a player who misunderstood opinion vs. fact on a unit.

Now lidos calling "#served" was a bit over the top and I assumed a mod would just delete that, but I think I attempt to help players more than I put them down...:D

Sometimes the way Tyler says it can seem patronizing when you're new, but if you check the info he's giving it's usually accurate and helpful. His advice has helped me learn a few things. I didn't necessarily care for his tone, but sometimes that is the price for knowledge and knowledge is power.