Buffs on Hydra

DeletedUser11791

So can someone please confirm, which (if any) buffs/hero's actually effect Hydra please?

Research - Divine Selection
Spell - Favorable wind
Hero - Urephon
Hero - Zuretha

Oddly enough, Winds have no effect in the simulator, yet Heroic Power seems to give a bonus... Yet this spell is for land units? I'm confused. Are Hydra classified as a land unit that swims? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2654

Wow, that is an interesting question, I want to hear this as well.

DeletedUser

I am not sure about this, but i read somewhere, that a hydra counts as a ground based unit.

I will try to get clarification about it!

DeletedUser10048

This is a question that has been raised about other units also, as it stands the Wiki is about to get a full revamp as its outdated and missing valuable info.

I tried a little research and the best explanation available was This.

What i will say is that your simulator is probably the most reliable piece of info right now as to the outcome of that is often correct.

Sorry i cant be of much use.

DeletedUser

Powers working on Hydras:

Zuretha: No
Urephon: Yes
Favor. Wind: No
Heroic Power: Yes
Divine Selection: Yes
Battering: No
Phalanx: No

These are all informations taken from the simulator.

I found a thread in the german externals, where a member wantet to make a table about powers affecting the hydra, but could not find the actual table there now, but contacting her there.

I do not care a lot for Hydras personally, the temple requirement has always been too high for me, but i know that the hydra was changed a while back.

DeletedUser10048

Powers working on Hydras:

Zuretha: No
Urephon: Yes
Favor. Wind: No
Heroic Power: Yes
Divine Selection: Yes
Battering: No
Phalanx: No

These are all informations taken from the simulator.

I found a thread in the german externals, where a member wantet to make a table about powers affecting the hydra, but could not find the actual table there now, but contacting her there.

I do not care a lot for Hydras personally, the temple requirement has always been too high for me, but i know that the hydra was changed a while back.

Thanks Bayaz

DeletedUser

According to the simulator, Myrmidon Attack(if we see this again, as an event reward) will affect the Hydra too.

Before update 2.61 myth. Units were all affectet only by the spell "Desire", but the update changed that. Since i can not find an announcement about this here (strange), a link from the beta server:

https://forum.beta.grepolis.com/showthread.php?2219-Update-2-61

bqvnpopa44.jpg

DeletedUser11791

Awesome thanks for the replies, that helps a lot. Also, if the Hydra is to be considered a land based unit (for the purposes of buffs), does this also mean that Cartography does NOT apply to them? I would imagine Meteorology would not affect them since it clearly states "troops from your barracks"

DeletedUser

I have a semidead account on a german world, where i actually have a few hydras. I will test it there and will post the results here later today.

Edit: Navigation affects them, Meteorologie does not.

Anymore questions, just ask ;)

(Except for an explanation, why the hydra behaves so strange!)

DeletedUser11791

Thanks for the ground work Bayaz! I now have 2 cities with 80 hydra nukes, equivalent to a 524 ls nuke each lol
So this information helps :)