Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser6798

ximikos, that might be one of the best points made on this thread.. I really dont have anything to counter it except for the fact that if you are in 68 you should work your way to O55.. That should be aggressively in my opinion. That way it is you working towards this honey you speak of. Not making friends with everyone long the road there.. because that way you are still in 68 have severely limited your options in expanding. In my eyes, that is boring.

DeletedUser

Those barbarians you speak about, killed each other a lot more than they did the Roman Empire. If anything it was the "germanization" of the Roman Armies that probably led to their downfall but just know the first barbarians to cross into the Roman Empire usually met their death and it took a lot of dead barbarians before their dream of destroying Rome occurred.

Plus I'm sure if cities are what you want, you are going to see a lot more progress going after the much weaker "German" clan of farmers(Ass) than those massively defended Roman cities hehe ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

.. because that way you are still in 68 have severely limited your options in expanding. In my eyes, that is boring.

The don't call it the rim for its desirability, that's for sure. I've never started out so deep in the Rim before. I highly recommend doing it, but only once, and not in a slow world. But one plays with friends, and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse, they triple dog dared me. I would have lost my man card had I not responded to the challenge.

Attachments

• Beer Viking.jpg
    Beer Viking.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 37

DeletedUser

Hehe A man without his honor is no man indeed. The Rim does offer some advantages, while you do tend to get a tad less experienced players out there the rim offers protection on not having multiple fronts. Its nice having your back protected in a fight.

DeletedUser

Those barbarians you speak about, killed each other a lot more than they did the Roman Empire....

Your historic note is spot on Cerulius, but I'm shooting more for the historical stereotype. And like the german invaders of old, I suspect a little too much liquid courage is poured out by our members sitting behind their screens as they launch their assaults and miss a few when passed out. But so far so good, almost 90% of us who came to this server are still on and we are migrating up to O55 like a horde of Grepo-Goths.

Beer Viking.jpg

DeletedUser

Yes indeed, Grepo Goths on the way

xm1kcg.jpg

I like the dress Ximi it suits you mate :eek:

DeletedUser

hehe Well than bring it you barbarian bastards and die on our walls! thisisgrepolis

Its all in good fun. Maybe one day your barbarian kin might decide its better to be invited in than to force your way in.

DeletedUser

Oh don't worry its not for now...Its after many many battles, honor has to be earned the only way that matters in this game...

DeletedUser

I really dont have anything to counter it except for the fact that if you are in 68 you should work your way to O55.. That should be aggressively in my opinion.
Oliver, how is your advice here different than what AR did? In January AR and their allies were based in 76 and 77. They attacked the #1 and #2 alliances to move into 66. They attacked the #9 alliance then to move into 67 (but are admittedly a minority there). Both moves were towards the core, and right now the gains are being consolidated.

Is your advice to just be at war with everyone? That does not seem to be working out so well for the Hive, which is sinking like a rock. My question from several weeks ago has gone unanswered: 67 users alone will not win the world, so what is the Hive's plan?

That said, in my experience the core is overrated. Not a single wonder was built in a core ocean in Delta. If the leaders prepare enough, you can reach a similar city density in non-rim oceans.

DeletedUser6798

Oliver, how is your advice here different than what AR did? In January AR and their allies were based in 76 and 77. They attacked the #1 and #2 alliances to move into 66. They attacked the #9 alliance then to move into 67 (but are admittedly a minority there). Both moves were towards the core, and right now the gains are being consolidated.

Is your advice to just be at war with everyone? That does not seem to be working out so well for the Hive, which is sinking like a rock. My question from several weeks ago has gone unanswered: 67 users alone will not win the world, so what is the Hive's plan?

That said, in my experience the core is overrated. Not a single wonder was built in a core ocean in Delta. If the leaders prepare enough, you can reach a similar city density in non-rim oceans.

Oh come on Zuul... I was talking to a single player. Why extrapolate that for an entire alliance.

Either way, when you say AR attacks alliances and had their players move towards the core as a form of expansion, you are stretching the truth a bit. You may have attacked some of the smaller alliances to take their cities in oceans to further your movement northwestward as an alliance. However, AR's primary form of expansion has been to merge with questionable alliances and then eat their players internally as they become inactive. That is why most of your top players have low fighter stats. It is because AR has not gone to war with anyone. You have taken in players as a whole with little regard to their value and when to opportunity was there to internalize, your top players took the cities which would help them expand in the NW direction. I'm not commenting on the validity of that strategy as I have seen many alliances use this strategy. I am just stating how AR got to be where it currently is.

I am not saying to go to war with everyone, but go to war with SOMEONE. In the past AR has picked on the bottom feeders knowing they could pressure them into either joining or not being able to defend their cities. I would like to see you guys go after an alliance that is unwilling to budge just from you pressuring them. One that actually hits back. Not one that will just roll over.

Not all alliances are expanding towards the core. Look at the most recent large move that was made since the last Sink/Swim. Antimatter took in most players from Oracle and pushed their expansion southward. No they really have only 2 choices. Either go East and hit AR or go north and hit us. Their choice up until this point has been pretty obvious, but I wonder what will happen when they tire of not being able to take a city from a Hive active player. Everyone has inactives, but you cant win a war by just doing that.

DeletedUser

Not to mention that building Wonders on the Rim, sound way more secure to me than having them in the Core of the world where more people can reach from all different sides. My alliance success on Eta was secured thanks to being on the Rim and not having to worry whatsoever about our Southern Flank, after that we just neutralized every potential border alliance that could possibly assist what use to be the number one alliance against us(If war ever erupted since they were the only alliance that had any chance in beating us).

Now on that world the only opponent we are facing us is in one direction with every other border/front being completely neutralized. While the core might give you more potential action/enemies, I'll take the strategic value of the Rim any day...

DeletedUser6798

I like the core because of the quick and early action as well as the short TT's

Unless you are in a very active world, it is really hard to group your cities the way I would like when you are on the rim. In the core you can just island hop.

DeletedUser

I suppose you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

DeletedUser6798

Wow.. AR.. you have been saved... I found a player that deserves to be ragged on even worse that some of your top players..

The new world #1.. Has 41 cities.. Here are his BP stats

ABP: 40193 good for #115
DBP: 8860 good for #475
Total BP: 49053 good for #178

Ladies and gents.. I present to you King Chaz 15

I know some players on here have gotten more Total BP than that in a week. And he has 41 cities. For my next CP I need 166500 BP.. and I only have 26 cities.

This is really a new low.. I only hope this brings more trinity players on here.. because THIS is what is wrong with this world lmao

DeletedUser

King CHaz dumped at least $50 dollars on the game in just the last week alone.

I bow down in hommage before his greater addiction. wow