Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser

duty_calls.png

In a recent conversation with a well established alliance's founder, I was informed they would rather face extinction than give up the stats they have earned here on Upsilon by starting something new with the manpower to contend. This was last week and now I am reading this thread so I'm just gonna throw this out there as a reminder:

Stats do not win crowns. Points do not win crowns. People win crowns.

And while I am happy to see signs of life on these forums let's not forget:
998.jpg

A couple of other things too:
1. Not every alliance have taken up arms against The HIVE and Oli is correct in stating this beef started against Kelset migrated here to Upsilon, although most who craved revenge have since left along with him.
2. We are all some 13 months from WWs and lots will change in the mean time. None of us are immune and this includes your current affiliations and oppositions.
3. Longevity is the real test of an alliance in this game of attrition. The hate that fuels your society is fleeting and while it may currently unite you in the long run it can not sustain. This means more guilds will fall to internal strife than outside pressures, in reality you are your own worst enemy.
4. Ernie has a Crush on me, isnt that cute? I may just change my name to Bert.
images

Careful what you wish for bud it might just come true.

Raise Havoc!!!
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

duty_calls.png

Stats do not win crowns. Points do not win crowns. People win crowns.

Longevity is the real test of an alliance in this game of attrition. The hate that fuels your society is fleeting and while it may currently unite you in the long run it can not sustain. This means more guilds will fall to internal strife than outside pressures, in reality you are your own worst enemy.

So true. For many different reasons, Alliances crumble from within long before being attacked. Just like ancient Rome was toast long before the Vandals reached her walls.

DeletedUser

TT that image is freaking hilarious! lmao I wish the forums had two thumbs up to put on posts! Hey Gary "maybe" your right about me being an idiot but now all of a sudden your alliance actually cares about stats?

Ass tears are so easy to produce...lol

Acting childish and seeing your responses is golden, yet for all of your "maturity" the facts stand as they are. No other group of players are as sensitive to criticisms and words like the kiddies found in your alliance. Which is clear by seeing how quickly you all get rounded up over trivial nonsense. You would think I was lighting the world on fire with the "anger" filled responses you kids throw up, you guys just aren't any good at all at it, so stick to recruiting rim players I'm sure you all missed a few in your binge.

DeletedUser

Do love all the new forum posters! Welcome to TH-Ass bickering lol...I mean top 12 sink or swim thread...

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of messing with people and if it does make you kids feel better, I do get buyers remorse about instigating but than I see one of your responses and it just fuels me with further desire to keep "mocking" you guys. Its just too easy with some of the stuff you guys write not even noticing how easy it is to dismantle your posts.

All I've ever done is share an opinion that what you guys are doing might not be the best strategy and for that I had my Eta account attacked(As if being the number one attacker is the only requirement in being able to muster an opinion on an internet forum) - all the while disregarding my opinion that maybe merging/recruiting everything under the sun might be a bad thing.

Instead of actually sharing your own perspectives of this world, you all have just gotten into a mud fight with someone who could care less about your words and finds it incredibly easy to throw mud right back at you(And after the remorse is gone from acting childlike find it incredibly entertaining lol). So instead of having any sense of a discussion on the merits of the argument that you guys were recruit happy, instead you focused on me(Terribly if I may add) and now actually are running around trying to "do" something about me.

Goading/manipulating/inciting some people is just too easy...thisisgrepolis

I'll be here all week! Would anyone care to actually write a new top 12 or should we just continue being petty?

Ximikos by the way, just saw your in-game profile picture and that is just amazing lmao

DeletedUser3522

A couple of other things too:
1. Not every alliance have taken up arms against The HIVE and Oli is correct in stating this beef started against Kelset migrated here to Upsilon, although most who craved revenge have since left along with him.
2. We are all some 13 months from WWs and lots will change in the mean time. None of us are immune and this includes your current affiliations and oppositions.
3. Longevity is the real test of an alliance in this game of attrition. The hate that fuels your society is fleeting and while it may currently unite you in the long run it can not sustain. This means more guilds will fall to internal strife than outside pressures, in reality you are your own worst enemy.
4. Ernie has a Crush on me, isnt that cute? I may just change my name to Bert.

1. I somewhat agree, though, for some people we have observed behaviors and taken action accordingly based on previous experience with kids.

2. Agree

3. Agree

4. You're on your own.

I've never met a group of people more sensitive to criticisms like the clowns in Ass.

You've completely misinterpreted the intent of my post. lol, but that's cool. i really just enjoy giving you the rope.

And foos.. Your alliance's claim to fame is hitting us in O66.. we all get that.. no need to beat it to death.. every other claim you have made is baseless and/or pure opinion which gives me no need to break it down at all

Yet you refuse to admit it and claim otherwise. Regarding anything baseless I've said ... please provide a quote. I quite enjoy this. /handsrope

DeletedUser6798

Yet you refuse to admit it and claim otherwise. Regarding anything baseless I've said ... please provide a quote. I quite enjoy this. /handsrope

I think you are the only one who feels this way.. I think everyone feels I am the little kid jumping up and down and stomping around demanding people use stats to back their comments. Everyone should at least agree that I easily have used stats to base my opinions ad nauseum. I really think you are just trying to resort to trolling..

I mean look at my last sink/swim.. I called you a simmer.. and provided, what is in my opinion, enough statistical proof to base that statement. You are not a top 100 fighter, yet are top 10 in points, and your colonizations wreak of internals, ghosts, and solo players. Your only comeback to this seems to be your alliance's victory in O66, which by the looks of it you have not really be apart of.

However, your claims of dissension within our alliance and people leaving us because of leadership is in fact baseless. Inactives were booted so yea, our point total decreased with our lower member count. However you failed to notice the spike in our average member point total.

Those are FACTS. Using numbers and 1st hand knowledge to back them up. I dont say anything about AR that I can't derive from statistics. I refuse to use 2nd or 3rd or 4th hand knowledge of what goes on there because its reliability would be questionable. If I brought that information here, I would just be another foos, er i mean fool, making baseless, backless statements.

DeletedUser

So let's move on to bigger and better and more pettier things like slamming each others alliances and game play. :)

DeletedUser

You guys are cute.

This is not Madden score does not matter.

DeletedUser

I would call this a captivating thread.
Although I don't play here I do see familiar faces and interesting argument.

I wish all the forums were this lively.

DeletedUser6798

I would call this a captivating thread.
Although I don't play here I do see familiar faces and interesting argument.

I wish all the forums were this lively.

:::bows:::

also, TT welcome back to the convo.. though you continue to make no sense with your posts :s

DeletedUser3522

alright ollie ... I sense you are frustrated with me so I'll help explain. I can tell you'd like for this to be a debate class so i can play along.

You called me a sim player. ok. I'm not arguing your reasoning, if that's what you want to think, ok. I guess time will tell. ad hominem?

You don't seem to like that I keep mentioning 66, so let me explain it clearly. You came on these forums with your numbers. But ... as I continue to point out to you, you have not considered all the variables. You're taking the (in my opinion) lazy interpretation. Based on the way you are looking at the numbers, yes the Hive is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And if left unchallenged on these forums people might actually believe it (I understand how this propaganda thing works). However ... you have conveniently ignored the stats that don't back up your claim. As an example, you are failing to consider the number of cities lost. I would call this lost potential. You've also failed to inform people that of those 50+ cities lost you chose to really not put up a fight. This directly relates to the numbers you are trying to claim are all that matters. By not putting up a fight you are deflating the stats of others. So if you go directly off the stats you are correct. But again, this is lazy. You have to factor in the lost potential and the artificial deflation of other's stats. If this game was won based on kill points you would win (as it stands now), but as we know that is not one of the victory conditions in this game.

As for the comment about people leaving you ... i said "Your members are leaving you." Now if we want to play the numbers game here I can show you all of the members that have left. And average member point total has nothing to do with that statement and is simply a red herring.

So you can stick to your numbers and your "FACTS", but as most people understand, cherry picking facts to back up your original claim (which is what I have disputed all along) does not really prove anything.

Regarding any of my other comments about how you have beaten yourself, or your failed strategies, I think most would understand that this is not in fact a debate class and was my personal opinion. And in MY opinion your display of "FACTS" and numbers as you presented here on a public stage in an attempt at propaganda (again my opinion) has been thoroughly refuted by pointing out your omission of other key variables.

Now slander away all you like. I assure you I can take it :)

DeletedUser

I am sorry to kill this lively conversation but I had to clean up the thread. Everything off topic has been removed.

If there is something that breaks the forum rules, REPORT IT using this button found at the bottom left corner of each post:
report-40b-hover.png
. Do not discuss it.

Lets keep this thread on topic from now on. If you have any questions about forums rules, PM me.

Regards,
Draqone

DeletedUser

Fools talking about Ad hominem attacks is rich, when he was the first person on here to mention someones account and stats to discount the person who was making a criticism about your alliance. Hypocrite much? Not shocking coming from you, who not only attacked an account from a different world, failed to realize your own record on both your worlds was atrocious and just proves how much of a vulture you are that only relies on eating your own.

When you take that into account you are going to do great, mass recruit everyone(which by the way you continue to disregard Mr. I don't avoid points...) and than just eat their cities between you and your gold players. You are going to set a record on how far someone can go just eating their own.

Why don't you write up an analysis of the top 12 if you are so insightful instead of trying to trash other people's work. I know it might take a lot of time out of your busy schedule in doing nothing but eating your own inactives but who knows you might actually enjoy doing something. Those cities are starting to pile up huh?

By the way hows Legendary? ;)

DeletedUser6798

So let's move on to bigger and better and more pettier things like slamming each others alliances and game play. :)

I'm done making sink/swims unless someone from another alliance sets up..

Certain people who shall not be name, to avoid personal attack, seem to think it is ok to question and discredit my claims based solely on their opinions without offering any form of analysis themselves. For the sake of this thread in particular other people from other alliances need to step up to make sink/swim

oh and foos, simply said, I have acknowledged multiple times that The Hive took a chance with the O66 players and it was unsuccessful. It happens. However what happened in O66 also does not define The Hive. Likewise, if taking Hive cities is such a breeze in O66, why have you only taken 2? And none in the last 6 weeks? I am also not intentionally omitting stats. You have found 1 stat that plays in your favor, and it is a valid stat. But everything I bring up, in my opinion, proves that the O66 stat carries little weight. How about this stat?

The Hive: 909 cities Gained
436 Cities Lost

AR: 612 Cities Gained
177 Cities Lost

THere arem any ways to twist this.. like I am sure you will point at the Hive's ratio of 2.08:1 cities take per lost compared to AR's 3.46:1 ratio. While that is valid, it would mean more if The Hive hadnt taken 300 more cities than AR. All while being at war with what is it now? 7 of the top 10 alliances? Considering this, a 2:1 ratio should be very formidable in your eyes. But I am sure you will play it down.

Grepolis is a game of stats.. Whether some people, TT, believe that or not is another story. Juste bcause I leave out 1 stat that you want me to consider, doesnt, a) mean that I havent considered it and b) mean that there are 4+ other stats that I omitted which refute it.

This is an analysis type of thread. It is as ink/swim. People come on here to make calls on who they think will succeed and who they think will fail. My only beef is when people refuse to be analytical, and choose to make some rather profound statements and act like they are fact when they are merely either rumor or opinion. I feel that if you say something, you should be able to back it.

Additionally.. I dont delve into propaganda.. There are others around for that. I do however like to debate, but it is hard when someone wont argue for the other side. Essentially what I am saying, is foos please make a dang sink/swim... it would make the externals that much better

DeletedUser3522

Strategically, that would be stupid to do. I've stated my purpose here. It was never to provide insight into my own strategy or knowledge.

DeletedUser

Yea way to reinforce that Ass aren't a bunch of cowards who are too scared to even write a top 12 analysis, your words by the way lol.

Trust me, you have no real insight or knowledge/experience that is going to be received as a Godsend to anyone who reads your "analysis".

Don't you have another inactive city to eat by the way...?

Now to follow your train of thought(logic). The Hive is a weak inexperienced group of fools who have no idea how to play this game, that is why instead of ignoring the noobs to die, your alliance fights nobody else but an enemy Oceans away(And outside of Ocean 66 terribly if I may add...). Now here is where your logic starts to run into some inconsistencies, if we are a bunch of players that are no threat to anyone and will be dead in short time, why even bother addressing our "propaganda" of showing facts/stats. Are you really that scared of a few alliances coming after you? I can understand your concern, if I led Ass with no real experience in defending, I'd be worried about actually fighting a border alliance.

If we are as insignificant and clueless as you say than who cares who reads what we say. The real truth is you know exactly the limitations of your alliance and are deadly afraid of someone calling the bluff that is Ass, so you feel the need to come out here and "address/right" the wrongs you see on an external and make sure the border alliances don't begin to realize that the easier prey instead of dying in TH cities is to go after the incredibly untested Ass Alliance(By the way, I mean no offense or insult to the players that I know or speak with;I'm generalizing here to make sure I don't have to "single" out the real clowns because that list might reach around the corner).

Obviously in an alliance of 90+ members, you guys are going to have some who know what their doing, sadly its the alliance leadership where the real flaws/liabilities are. You keep thinking getting your people to victory means hiding from a real fight while you fail to cross Oceans because of your ridiculous unearned "pride"(Who would of thought fighting an enemy with hours of advance warning is difficult but don't worry the DBP is quite enjoyable...).

I heard Fools dreams of me at night when hes sleeping....:)

DeletedUser6798

Strategically, that would be stupid to do. I've stated my purpose here. It was never to provide insight into my own strategy or knowledge.

Strategic? lmao you love giving your opinion so much.. whats wrong with putting it all together based on information EVERYONE can see if they chose to look.

I just think you are either lazy or truly realize that even though as badly as you want to make The Hive sink, you have nothing to really back that statement. Either that or you are just here to troll..

DeletedUser

if I led Ass with no real experience in defending, I'd be worried about actually fighting a border alliance.

... make sure the border alliances don't begin to realize that the easier prey instead of dying in TH cities is to go after the incredibly untested Ass Alliance

The only problem here is that like the days of the falling Roman Empire, why would one barbarian in the frozen forests fight another barbarian in the frozen forests when before both of them lie incredibly rich,warm and inviting cities in the center of the world. The thought of going from an O68 city to fight an O78 city or an O67 to an O77 is as ludicrous to me as the thought of eating ice cream by inserting it up my nethers.

Owning the center is like playing king of the hill. Special Ops will never fight AR in the gutters of the Rim whilst honey flows from the penthouses above in the O44/55 corner.

Play smartly and win the crown, I have seen central alliances do that. Play poorly and get crushed, I have central alliances do that one as well.

Or as we like to tell our galley slaves when they are first shackled to their oars:

Row well and live.