Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Let me in a rare moment of concordance with Oliver agree. What Oliver is trying to say is that your geography renders you clueless, but your heart is in the right place.

If you, celloman and IP FreelyonDungBeetles are providing fun for your ferocious alliance of itty bitty beetles, then who can ask for more. The game ultimately is about fun, and your alliance abp statistics this weekend blow my paltry efforts out of the water:

http://us.grepostats.com/world/us21/alliance/7159/members?compare=kill_att

versus my

http://us.grepostats.com/world/us21/alliance/424/members?compare=kill_att

Your numbers are not accurate...over the course of this past weekend, Ewok Chaser had 23k in abp and I had 8k...it really doesn't matter but I just wanted to make sure you knew...I know how much you like to tell tall tales!

DeletedUser

Your numbers are not accurate...over the course of this past weekend, Ewok Chaser had 23k in abp and I had 8k...it really doesn't matter but I just wanted to make sure you knew...I know how much you like to tell tall tales!

These stats are continously updated and these numbers added after my post, since this is an active link. I am happy that my ridicule spurred you folks into real action. Your efforts truly demonstrate the Nietschen principle das was uns nicht umbringt macht uns staerker (that which does not kill us makes us stronger).

Out of the extreme shaming I gave you came a much better performance. If, as Voltaire once said, better is the enemy of good, then your better recent performance has brought you closer to true success in grepolis: my better opinion of you Dung Beetles.

DeletedUser

I understand....those are pretty much our weekly numbers. Once or twice a week we unload, take a few cities and then rebuild and do it all over again, we have been doing it for several weeks! We were short staffed this past weekend as we have some guys on vaca...next round will be much more successful.

DeletedUser

Once or twice a week we unload, take a few cities and then rebuild and do it all over again

I actually have to accept that explanation, because that is pretty much the flow of this speed one world. It takes forever to watch the paint dry on ls in the harbor build queue in Upsilon.

As I said above, you guys have your niche strategy; and if it delivers fun, who can find fault with that. Ultimately an alliance's job is to provide entertainment. But be forewarned, your initial success has been studied and don't be surprised if you soon find yourself on the receiving end of your own tactics. I hear things...

DeletedUser

I hear things too! You are right though, it is all about the fun and it certainly wouldn't be any fun if the opponent just let it happen. We are smart and will adapt as well....we certainly didn't get in this position by being inflexible.

DeletedUser6798

There is entirely too much love going on in here...

So For Your Entertainment(Or ximikos' Annoyance) I present to you the End of July Sink/Swim

1. Antimatter
Swim
Part of my alliance so not going to say much, but paired with their sister alliance AM/DM has taken 2x more cities than their main enemies since the start of the war. They control the most cities and combined have the highest point total, bp total, top 50 fighters, than any other alliance network. This alliance has been swimming, and shall continue to do so based on the last 2 months of activity.

2. Assassins Rite
Float
This alliance has proven they arent going anywhere and will be in position to see the WW stage. That being said, it certainly does not guarantee success. Since my last Sink/Swim, AR decided that having a sister alliance comparable to AM/DM was not feasible. They then began to merge all top members into AR. This caused them to vault into the #1 spot for a while until some of their players became inactive and were booted. Likewise a section of the alliance broke of to for what was described as an "Elite Battle Group" that would cause trouble for all their enemies. So far that hasnt taken place but I will get to that. That being said, this biggest question with this alliance is how effective their end game strategy is, and if they even have enough quality players to implement that strategy. If their effectiveness in the WW stage is anywhere near their effectiveness at war, then this alliance may as well be sunk

3. The Elder Gods
Float
The same thing I said about AR can be applied here. This alliance has shown that it will likely make it to the WW stage barring some unforeseen collapse. Since my last Sink/Swim the alliance has done nothing other than chug along. They no longer have a solid enemy to the northwest so all their focus has turned on The Trinity. This has caused some upswing for this alliance as far as BP goes (They are now #3 attackers and #4 defenders). Its ability to also keep players active and involved should also be commended. That being said, The next couple of months will be key for they alliance regarding the end game. WW is all about strategy and execution. Where as AR's issue may be execution, TEG's strategy towards the end game still remains questionable.

4. Darkmatter
Swim
See above for Antimatter

5. The Trinity
Sink then Float
This has been a long time coming. I think for my last Sink/Swim I listed this alliance as Float then Sink. While the alliance is still hanging in there and can possibly float into the WW stage it will take a large act of leadership to make that happen. As of right now their sister/academy alliances have been able to grow as I will discuss below, but part of that has been due to moving around of members. While The Trinity still contains the majority of large members they may not contain the best position. They also now have become the main focus of attacks from TEG as well as Roughnecks. They havent handled the pressure very well from AM/DM and show no urgency in actually fighting back. I see a consolidation of alliances in the near future in order for this group to make it to WW's but under what flag remains to be determined

6. Heracletian Alliance
Float
When I say that The Trinity as an alliance doesnt have the proper positioning for WW's, it is mainly because when it comes to this group of alliances, I personally feel Heracleatian holds this edge. While they havent been able to make any ground in regards to the war with AM/M, it is pretty much mainly due to location. Trinity holds the majority of the southern front-line, so Hera spends most of its time defending and holding ground against TEG. Alliances tend to get weaker further out in the rim, which has resulted in more or less a slow paced stalemate. This is all reflected by the fact that this alliance only has 1 top 50 attacker and 3 top 100 fighters.

7. Dionysus
Float then Sink
Even though this section of the Trinity Group contains the most members, they also have the poorest average of the 3. They recently had some members from The Trinity move over, but that could be a move by leadership to fix the structure. This alliance has mainly proven to be full of mostly simmers. Though being in the top 7 alliances, they are only #14 in ABP, and #16 in DBP. While I know BP doesnt carry over, this large of a discrepancy does matter. Based on location I could see the top members within this alliance being redistributed among the other two while the rest are dropped due to inactivity. No way this alliance makes to to the WW stage and if it does it will be at the detriment of the Main Trinity alliance( whichever one that becomes).

8. Night Vision
Float
This alliance slowly made a presence in the way out west and has slowly moved east until they now share somewhat a front-line with AM/DM and Guardians of the West. Apparently the alliance could not follow through with what could have been considered a power move, and it could not come to terms for a merge with Guardians. The leaders at Night Vision hold themselves out as elite, and their existence in the west is a result of them not being anyone's concern until recently. The alliance ranks #11 in ABP and DBP and that is due to a spike in the past weeks. Where they lack in size they make up in activity. While I do see this alliance making the WW stage, I do not see them being able to complete a single wonder. Whether or not they could even attempt one remains to be seen. They continue to fight AM/DM and Guardians over what they deem "their" territory, but with all this recent fighting, I predict a stalling of their growth leading to their eventual existence in the oceans where larger alliances do not care to expand into.

9. The Wheel
Float
This alliance is very similar to NV in that they have existed due to the fact that they occupy oceans that are of no concern to many of the top alliances. While their relationship with AR has allowed them to grow into a top 10 alliance, they merely serve the #2 alliance by keeping one of their boundaries war free. However, the fact that this alliance is #16 in ABP and #21 in DBP reflects the fact that they do not represent a main concern to their enemies, and they arent active enough in helping their allies. They do have 90 members and some have cities in a strategic location, so a merge may be possible, but the result with mean discarding a large portion of their inactive/simming members. (They have 2 top 200 attackers and 1 top 200 defender(#197)).

10. -Guardians of the West-
Float
I will make this quick. Everything I said regarding NV pertains to Guardians. Except the part about activity. This alliance is made up of mostly the scraps left by The secondary Havoc alliances. They rank higher than NV in ABP and DBP(#10 and #9 respectively) But that is due to the fact that they are located closer to AM/DM alliances. I dont see them "winning" any war with NV, and they have no real core. This alliance will remain around through WW for the same reasons as I mentioned with NV, but I put their chances of putting together a WW even lower than NV.

Notables

13. Last Rites
Sunk
Remember when this alliance used to be Special Ops? I actually respected them then. They had better fighters and defenders and overall players than AR. However ever since the name change it became clear that this became an alliance of players that didnt matter. Soon after, their leaders abandoned them to join AR in order to lay claim to being the top points alliance. Pair this with the unfortunate departing of Garydam, and many of the players obviously felt disregarded and became inactive. It is clear now that AR is a 1 alliance group, because the players left in this alliance simply have only their past BP to remind them of what once was. Maybe The Wheel is now AR's #2 alliance. lol

14. SCOURGE
Float then Sink
This is the "Elite" group that branched off from their mother alliance in order to focus on wreaking havoc among AR's enemies. Lets take a look at this group as a whole. With now 19 members, they still only have 1 top 100 attacker and 5 in the top 300. How exactly is a group that hasnt attacked much in the past 10 months supposed to suddenly cause trouble for alliances with more proven players? Their ability to defend themselves would also be questionable (3 top 100 defenders) but I am sure AR will still support their separated members in hopes of getting BP. My take on this group was that they became frustrated with their leadership and decided to forget about WW's and focus solely on trying to cause conflict even if it isnt in their nature. I do not see this group lasting long. Either their players will feel defeated and give up on this world, or they will be absorbed back into AR as the idea of succeeding at something makes them realize this branching off wasnt the best idea.

16. Roughnecks
Float
If SCOURGE was meant to be a battle group, it has definitely failed to reach the bar set by this group. Though they are just as small(16 members), but they certainly carry more accolades than SCOURGE. (5 top 100 attackers) While their existence and relationships have been discussed and analyzed quite thoroughly, no one can really fault this group for doing what they are doing. It remains to be seen if they hold true to their group or decide they want to chase a crown with another alliance. That is why I have them as floating. If they merge obviously the alliance will sink, but if you simply look at causing trouble for their enemy, so far they are swimming at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9476

So For Your Entertainment(Or ximikos' Annoyance) I present to you the End of July Sink/Swim

1. Antimatter
Swim
I say they will swim as well. This will be at a beautiful Hawaiian island. Fruity drinks with little umbrellas will be served by handsome men in short shorts. We will bask in all of our glory.

2. Assassins Rite
FloatYes they will float on the Mississipi River on a raft until one of them lights too many cigarettes and sets their raft on fire. Before they can swim to shore, they will all be eaten alive by the mysterious bull shark. It will make the front page news.
sunk

3. The Elder Gods
Float
They will be floating on inflatable tubes in a Las Vegas Resort while playing with luscious women dressed as mermaids. They are relaxing an gaining their strength back for battle. Enjoy the mermaids boys!!!!

4. Darkmatter
Swim
That is all! Swimming for the prize. They will be around for a loooong time!

5. The Trinity
Sink then Float
These guys will sink in the ocean before they are rescued by what they think are mermaids. They will then realize that they women are crazy Amazonian ladies who only want snoo snoo. Trinity will be given a boat for their performance(s). One night a drunken fight will ensue and the alliance will end up burning the boat and floating on the debris.

6. Heracletian Alliance
Float
They will float down the Frio river with floating coolers of the best alcoholic beverages as they shoot deer from their inner tubes.

7. Dionysus
Float then Sink
These guys will fall off a cliff into a waterfall. That is all.

8. Night Vision
Float
Keep those life jackets on boys. Your getting there!!!8)

9. The Wheel
Float
Keep your eyes on the road!!! Come at us! Oh no! Look out you window! It's a Unicorn!! Uh oh! The bridge is gone up ahead! What to do? AAAAHHHHHHH!

10. -Guardians of the West-
Float
Yes, stay guarding the west! Have a margarita or 10. Remember........is ok to go swimming at night in strange bodies of water :)

Notables

13. Last Rites
Sunk
What an appropriate name. I shall light a candle in your memory and play "Candle in the Wind" in your honor!

14. SCOURGE
Float then Sink
I have no idea who you are. Sounds like something I would clean my bathroom with!

16. Roughnecks
Float
Being a Texas girl I respect you guys! I shall bring you moonshine and women. PM me your order!

DeletedUser6798

I am just going to stop writing sink/swims. Urbie you can take over.

DeletedUser6798

I am so glad you have nothing to refute!

Just proves to me, proves to us all, that not even you believe the things you babble.

btw.. notice my thread approaches 12k views and has 300+ responses.. Please dont spam it with links to your own attempt to be as though provoking as myself :eek:

DeletedUser6798

The external threads for this entire world have been beyond their saving point for a looonnnnggggg time already

DeletedUser6798

So is it too early to mark SCOURGE as sunk?

To make my prior point.. the Greatest Battle Alliance in the history of grepolis has lost their general. They also managed to lose more cities to the enemy in a single day than they were able to take in their 3 week existence (7 cities lost to 0 cities taken). What shall they do now? All quit or head back to the mother-ship sulking from their failure?

DeletedUser

No spinning it, losing Sir Lavitz was a catastrophe, but we move on. At this point in the game, the departures get more spectacular because so much more of the map is effected when a big player leaves. The fact that Lavitz is now the ninth ranked attacker in this world having started after Thanksgiving 2013 with me says it all. He will be missed and he will be hard to replace.

But we saw Duderanch and Digital leave, yet AM/DM didnt collapse; we saw King CHaz leave Trinity and they are stronger than ever. And our side has lost Lavitz and Garydam. That didn't stop me from showering gold to help Hercules pacify the Thracian horde.

But this is a time for your side to celebrate, because Lavitz and I fully intended to meet in O56 and possibly convince Foos to let us build a few WWs in the corner of O56/55/45/46 just for the hellova it.

So pop the champagne bottle and enjoy the moment, but be prepared to lose top shelf players yourself. At this stage of a speed one world, folks start realizing that it won't end when they thought. This world could easily have 2 to 3 years left in it. I may have to invite you into Assassin's Rite at the end just keep the server from falling below 300. Ironic, but I've seen some of that kinda stuff occur.

A speed one world is like the Hotel California:

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast.

The last two lines should read 'we send it to our World Wonders, but we still can't fill the beast.'

But don't be scared, I have a good sense that Foos will power this world to a proper and timely end. And that is why my avatar now sports a crown. It's a done deal.

DeletedUser6798

AM/DM never had DudeRanch or Digtal. And saying Trinity is stronger than ever has been a running joke in this server since before the Hive fell.

That being said, losing lavitz will hurt. It will lead to the end of SCOURGE, if it hasnt already, and your team is so busy gobbling up their inactives that I seriously doubt that you contain enough slots between your reliable players to build 1 WW island in the corner of 45 let alone several.

I am pretty sure this world is headed to the WW stage, but you never know who else is going to drop off. I just dont see it taking 3 years, or getting even close to dropping below 300. And if you guys send me an invite, it wouldnt be the first time. But lets face it, as badly as I want an upsilon crown, I am not willing to sacrifice things like my dignity or common sense to get one.

DeletedUser

But lets face it, as badly as I want an upsilon crown, I am not willing to sacrifice things like my dignity or common sense to get one.

Oxymoron. Folding up HIVE and joining AM/DM to win a crown showed both lack of dignity and no common sense. But let me address your points.

1. Underestimate Trinity at your own foolish expense. The Trinity network is probably the best suited to grind this world out. I envy their communications. They have achieved a camaradery and mutual friendship that one only finds in smaller alliances. And more importantly, our shared leadership of O55 produces fun, the glue that keeps folks sticking around.

2. The winning of the world will come easily to us in the East. But managing all 7 crowns is always a longer and more 'grinding' process. That's why I gave the longer timeline.

3. Sometimes the chance for a crown is granted to the opfor (opposing forces), but only those who are deemed worthy. I'm honestly impressed that an outfit built upon feet of clay like AM/DM has done this well. I admire and appreciate your persistence. I truly do. So perhaps there may be mercy and a 'pity-invite' for you when all is said and done.

attachment.php

DeletedUser6798

I am only going to address one thing you said because the rest is babble. We both know you dont agree with any of it, but will not ever state otherwise for the simple fact that you a proud. Delusional, but proud.

Oxymoron. Folding up HIVE and joining AM/DM to win a crown showed both lack of dignity and no common sense. But let me address your points.

The Hive was folded up Months ago. While this server was still in a place where lines were not yet completely drawn. Any agreement you may have thought you had were not as secure as you likely thought. That is the way it is in all worlds. The Hive was an alliance filled with knowledgeable players who played the game the right way.. for the most part. But many players lacked what it took to participate in a world for the long haul. When a world is no longer new, but not yet stable enough to be ready for WW, what happened to the Hive is commonplace. It is just that we were under a microscope and we were much larger than other alliances. What happened to us typically takes place to 3 or 4 "good" alliances at once. Imagine if DeD would have stayed separate. Then what happened would have seemed more common. So when the Hive was losing players and could no longer self sustain, the merge took place. The Hive wasnt going to last, and we made the best move available at the time. (Still looks that way)

When I say sacrificing dignity and disregarding common sense, I am referring to taking an invite to AR and leaving a still standing AM/DM. It is clear that both our alliances are poised to see it through to WW, so why on earth would I consider leaving the strongest alliance in the world? Flukes happen, and there is a chance AR or Trinity or TEG or Night Vision could win the crown, but you are lying to yourself when you say things like you are surprised we have lasted. You are fooling no one.

Edit: Note once again topic has turned on the hive..

DeletedUser

AM/DM never had DudeRanch or Digtal. And saying Trinity is stronger than ever has been a running joke in this server since before the Hive fell. I am not willing to sacrifice things like my dignity or common sense to get one.

You did; you brought up the Hive first on this one. AM/DM was hoping to grab both these players to wrap up O55. I was merely pointing out the impact of big, important players leaving, so you kicked the BeeHive first. The loss of big players, especially when they leave improperly and without dignity, without thought of their brother bees, like the Duderanch example, leaves vacuums. The ghosting of Duderanch is the reason why I stand as Supreme #1 Head Hauncho Ruler of the O55 Seas. You know my love for inactives, ghosts and internals. I was all over that one like fire ants on a dead honey bee.

Ocean 55

1 ximikos 340672 Assassins Rite 30 11356
2 Cevlar 294322 Antimatter 28 10512
3 Bellos of Sparta 278429 Assassins Rite 24 11601
4 Herzele 233012 Assassins Rite 20 11651
5 hawklee 208637 Assassins Rite 20 10432
6 Tone The Great 201823 Assassins Rite 18 11212
7 Michaelus Maxima 190538 The Trinity 17 11208

dead_bee.jpg

DeletedUser6798

You can rule O55 all you want, and make all the jokes you want. However, they way you took this position of "power" and what you have done with it since is where the real joke lies.
smiley_emoticons_headstand.gif

And AM/DM knew Digtal and DudeRanch were on perma-VM. There was a short glimmer of hope, maybe 2 days when DR reappeared, but he proved again he didnt have what it takes for this game.

DeletedUser

You can rule O55 all you want, and make all the jokes you want. However, they way you took this position of "power" and what you have done with it since is where the real joke lies.
smiley_emoticons_headstand.gif

And AM/DM knew Digtal and DudeRanch were on perma-VM. There was a short glimmer of hope, maybe 2 days when DR reappeared, but he proved again he didnt have what it takes for this game.

Oli The real joke here is:
The fact you'd never say this to DR directly (too busy kissing his backside)
The notion of you being dignant or noble especially in light of the ex BFF FB fiasco
Your history of never leading anything but flamming all who do.
images