Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser9934

Really mate, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. The length of time you've been playing this server and still only ranked 79 in ABP...tut tut tut. Hence the little parting present from me to try and help you build your credibility.
Anyway guys, it's been a blast playing in Upsilon, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing with my team mates and against worthy opponents. Unfortunately real life is kicking my ass and I sadly have no more time to pursue the ultimate victory.
Be careful, have fun and don't break the Grepolis guys. thisisgrepolis

Glass houses? I'M a top 75 player in Offense and a top 30 Defender who had close to a month of no attacking because of the situation most of my cities were in after the Red wedding in 67 which ultimately left me with 0 targets within 2-3 oceans of any cities. Mean while you have multiple players who are my size or bigger and are much much further down the O/D/F rankings them I am.

Either way, its been fun Gary. I'll miss or skype chats

DeletedUser

We'd still be #1 but we decided to spin off an elite attack-oriented alliance named SCOURGE. All I can say is thank the gods AR won't be on the receiving end of their mischief, although we have been on the receiving end of dbps from the def support we have been giving them. As Sir Lavitz and I planned long ago, I am due to link up with SCOURGE in O56 as they push through AM/DM's weak underbelly and as my crew slogs through the trench warfare of O55/56.

how original of you, "deciding to spin off an elite attack group"...you come up with that all by yourself?...course not, you DID steal that idea/formula from the roughnecks....cant say i blame you tho, its been very successful

News Flash, You folks are hemorraging players even more, but only because you started out with more. And as soon as SCOURGE starts working you like a $2 call girl, you'll be forced to justify to yourself why you haven't left as well.

case and point, what roughnecks have done to trinity/hera/concordia

you are copping our style hard

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

how original of you, "deciding to spin off an elite attack group"...you come up with that all by yourself?...course not, you DID steal that idea/formula from the roughnecks....cant say i blame you tho, its been very successful

I cannot tell a lie, collecting a group of folks uninterested in crowns and letting them play havoc is indeed a successful side show. One difference between the two outfits. Your outfit is in search of Santa Claus' Workshop not World Wonders, while our outfit will break AM/DM's World Wonder Islands. But who are we fooling, TEG (Brown Matter) will need your outfit to join and help them if they are to make the third big run for the WWs like they plan to.

But remember lulz, although I am not unimpressed with your alliance's achievements, that crown belongs to the Alliances that Really Matter, it is our destiny. And it looks so good upon my head.

attachment.php

And FYI, SCOURGE existed on a former server, probably before you performed your first ever computer -log-in. They reestablished SCOURGE in Upsilon because, quite honestly, that produces more fun for them. I gotta respect that.

DeletedUser

We have no interests in crowns whatsoever...any vote called to join with teg for the purpose of winning a crown would be voted down in flames, and the person who called the vote would likely be keel hulled ...we have no interest in wonders, or crowns., if we did i suppose we would all just go to omega and play with apoc...if scourge is able to break AM/DM's play for wonders, then they are our allies, and share many of our philosophies ...we intend to play spoiler ourselves

so, as for the "alliances that really matter" , by which i must assume u mean assassins rite,....well you dont matter to us, and your destiny has yet to be determined...the crown aint on your head yet...and someone might be able to break up your hugbox in the east...some sunny day

i reached out to scourge....didnt have much of a dialog with them....not sure what to make of them yet

DeletedUser

i reached out to scourge....didnt have much of a dialog with them....not sure what to make of them yet

Measure your e-peen then quadruple the size, that'll give you a start towards knowing what to make of em. They are that good at what they do.

If I were Oliver Clothesoff, it'd be time to gather up what's left of the Hive boys and jump into the toilet with TEG (Brown Matter), because unless the RN intends to break up TEG's WWs (which you guys are too timid to do), they are one of my top choices of who may win this server. SCOURGE will prevent any AM/DM attempt in the southern seas.. AM/DM will have to reosrt to begging IP WiththeHelpofGravity to shower them with the mercy which is so freely P and found in superabundance in places populated by brown matter.

lulz, I'd seriously be impressed with your 'bravado' if you graduated from beating up on Concordia to taking on a WW contender like TEG. But since they are your masters and you don't want crowns, maybe they'll let you fill a wonder level or two with your resources. Take on both Concordia and TEG at the same time successfully and you will have surpassed SCOURGE by graduating from bucaneer to true pirate status. You do that, and my respect for you will be genuine.

Be true rough necks , not a IP With-the-help-of-Gravity's collar-around-your-necks.

DeletedUser

i dont know where u got the idea that we are to timid to fight teg, we fought them for almost a year before going to war with trinity...not just concordia, but hera, dionysus , trinity...all of them...oh yeah, and before that i wasnt too timid to fight assassins...or at that time 300 or whatever they were called with 5 people...who knows what the future will bring for roughnecks... you're just blinded by your bromance with scourge

or maybe u just enjoy sucking large e-peen....thats the only thing i can make of your god like worship of scourge

we are quite good at what we do too,and i have no idea where u got the idea we are teg lapdogs...they would be the first to disagree with that

DeletedUser

http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us21&pn=KingDavid11&rt=conquest

http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us21&pn=Ewok%20Chaser&rt=conquest

http://grepointel.com/track.php?server=us21&pn=Stanhild&rt=conquest

Not only do the numbers put you solidly as TEG lovers, my in game conversations with one of your Roughnecks who has diarhea-of-the-mouth contradicts what you say 100%. Free advice to you lulz, 'loose lips sink ships'. You may want to spread that message to your alliance members.

attachment.php

attachment.php

dung beetles.jpg

See from this picture the love Roughneck dung beetles have for Brown Matter.

DeletedUser

the numbers show us taking a majority of hera cities...but if u wanna talk numbers thats fine...only 1 of your scourge members is in the top 100 attackers, how is that elite?

or is it just because u have never ever fought in a real war before

no roughneck would speak to you...only cello is authorized to speak for our group, and i know he wouldnt tell you anything like u are saying

it smacks of assassin propaganda.

u want us to do what every large alliance wants us to do for them: to secure the crown u are destined for (unwarranted sense of self importance) ..u view teg as a threat to that...and would like to use roughnecks, as the elite attack group it is, to neutralize a perceived threat to ur group...as u expect scourge to do for u vs anti matter.

roughnecks has no desire to see assassin win, and as it happens, our arrangement with teg is most profitable at this time for both groups....why would we do what u want? because we are foolish enough to be provoked by your taunts about us being cowards and lies about leaks that never happened?

we didnt get to where we are by being idiots

DeletedUser6798

OMG lulz thank you so much..

annnnnnnnnnd this is why ximikos hardly ever talks numbers.. it is because once he does for every 1 example he has there are 5-10 that disprove the same point he is trying to make..

Sure SCOURGE is "elite". That is in terms relative to AR as a whole. Look at their numbers as a whole. Entirely unimpressive. So if they were going to branch of members, even if it was the best AR had to offer as far as attackers, they would still be entirely unimpressive.

All mikos is good for is quirky quotes, irrelevant babble, and propaganda. It is not hard to see. The only reason he is looking at virtual crowns now is because he will never see the one that is handed out to the winners of this world.

As far as RN goes, I gave them notice in my last Sink/Swim and I havent been disappointed. Additionally, why hit TEG when you can pick on Hera/Trinity? I mean have you see those guys try to attack? Even if they could defend twice as better as they attack, they would still be at a HUGE disadvantage.

DeletedUser

As far as RN goes, I gave them notice in my last Sink/Swim and I havent been disappointed. Additionally, why hit TEG when you can pick on Hera/Trinity?

Oh are you gonna eat those words hard, Oliver, when TEG/RN do the double cross and go off on their own WW plan. Old Hive and AM/DM will be jettisoned or allowed academy/filler/helper status at best. Perhaps behind AM/DM's backs you've already secretly imbibed some of the P that IP Gives Freely and have secured yourself a spot in TEG already. hmmmm. Wouldn't BEE the first time that Hivers bailed ship and sought more promising flowers.

But lulz, you are most correct. I totally fabricated that story about one of his players talking 'to me'. Celloman is the only person in RN I have ever communicated with in Grepolis, so don't bother with witch hunting for some careless offender. But cello's quick response tells me just how greatly the thoughts of the Seer Ximikos affects even the furthest reaches and backwaters of Upsilon. I achieved what I wanted in this convo and outed the Roughnecks as just a group of dung beetles intimately ssociated with Brown Matter. I will henceforth refer to both together as BrownMatter & Dung Beetles since one provides defense, the other offense (as if anyone really needed a spy or sloppy convo to notice this).

Just make sure you check with IP and CLB before responding lulz. You should defer to them for doing your External Forum posting since they are the ones actually calling the shots for the Dung Beetles. And as for you, Oliver, I already know that you know what TEG is up to. Question is, what side will you and those in the North side with? AM/DM and its horrible prospects to the South? Or TEG and the northern sanctuary it thinks it can provide?

The answer may be written in the winds.

dragonfly-cottage-weathervane.jpg

DeletedUser6798

Really... That doesnt even warrant a response.. I am honestly befuddled with your malarkey

DeletedUser

roughnecks is not beholden to anyone...not even me or cello...and least of all teg
we dont clear anything we do or say with them
as you said yourself, we are an anarcho-syndicalist collective...
also, a group of pirates...cello and i barely have control of it, let alone outside forces

how easily do u think roughnecks are ordered about?
a leader only remains a leader if he has the votes, and u think my men would take orders from teg? seriously ?

and the numbers posted...only really one quick example...

u just better hope no one breaks ur hug box...since u have never been tested in battle, and we saw with trinity just how well that works out

teg runs a tight defense...arguably because they had to fight havoc and roughnecks...they got a lot better...its one of the tightest defense in upsilon

roughnecks runs arguably (pound for pound) the best offense in the game, mostly because we fought teg for a year with basically 7 people...
its not really hard to understand why this is a great arrangement for both groups, being as this is very low risk and high reward for both groups... or that it makes sense for the roughnecks to keep the trinity /teg war out of our core oceans

DeletedUser

.cello and i barely have control of it, let alone outside forces

And yet you blew a major gasket at the very first pm between one of your members and us?!?!?

Sounds very Orwellian to me. "We are have equal voice, yet only cello and my voice are equal enough to speak to anyone outside". Sounds more like North Korea to me. But maybe you guys like referring to your mistress, IP FreelyonDungBeetles as your Dear Leader. You are no pirates, you are Brown Matter's dung beetles. I don't know why you wish to debate what is a known fact to all looking upon the situation.

As far as my own play goes, I have never denied that I am one of the most inefficient ADD players in Upsilon. My hours logged in to bp production is abysmal. But what I lack in skill I make up with being in the best alliance in all of Grepolis. And with Trinity et al. as our partners to the North, I just thank the Father, Son and Holy Ghost cause all my foes will soon be ... toast.

Lastly, this hug box of O55 used to belong to the enemy back in April. I am its #1 player now. I had many alliance members willingly conquer and pass off to me because I man my trips well, support them in their attacks, send troops/birs when the need defense, and leverage my pious relation to the gods with spells and resources. I am Oracle and Aegis to them, but more importantly, I am their friend. I revel in their successes; I am there in their need. And that is what makes my 'hug box' so huggable.

DeletedUser

cello has been voted the role of diplomacy... everyone agrees he should be the one to speak for us as a group...if it a consensus based decision that is agreed by everyone how is it authoritarian?

generally i dont speak....never for the group...i do speak for myself on occasion

and its quite far from Orwellian...a commander must be obeyed when orders are given in a battle, yes, that sort of discipline is necessary ..but a commander only remains a commander if he can still deliver.

DeletedUser6798

I need to make another extensive Sink/Swim...

The babble going on in this thread is absurd.. AR the best alliance in the world? Mikos calling himself the king of O55 because he has the most cities by taking his alliance inactives smh.. And now Havoc was just acknowledged as an offensive powerhouse that tested TEG but AR has not yet fought in a real war?

I mean mikos im used to listening to your meaningless babble.. and honestly I think its the reason hardly anyone posts on here anymore

lulz, we havent gotten the chance to talk much, but you know I am a fan of the way RN operates. I have always wanted to be apart of a small alliance that operates as you guys do, but have never had the chance (I joined Lamia for that purpose but was forced out due to unforeseen circumstances). But I mean really, I know you guys are kind of out of touch up in the Great North. Your part of the world has seen failed alliance after failed alliance. That is outside of the hundred Trinity sects which are full of simmers and inactives, and obviously TEG which has been taking care of business and taking out the trash all while establishing quite a nice little core up north away from any real threat. AR may be bad, but they arent Trinity, and they are even better than Havoc. To say they havent been tested when the top alliance has been gunning after them for over 6 weeks(quite successfully I may add) is a little insulting.

Also you cant use the pound for pound argument when your alliance has 16 players. You guys may be good, but you only have 3 players in the top 50 attackers. And 2 top 50 fighters. AM/DM for example has 23 of the top 50 attackers. AR has 9(LMAO). This isnt a knock on you guys, but you are a small and effective group. But there are alliances out there have have more proven players than your alliance has players. This may not be relative to skill, and may have a lot to do with where you are situated in the world, but those are the numbers.

I am glad you have posted on the forums, many have gotten tired with arguing mikos' nonsense, and he needs to be called out on it.. Just some claims were made that I felt needed to be disputed :p

DeletedUser

Let me in a rare moment of concordance with Oliver agree. What Oliver is trying to say is that your geography renders you clueless, but your heart is in the right place.

If you, celloman and IP FreelyonDungBeetles are providing fun for your ferocious alliance of itty bitty beetles, then who can ask for more. The game ultimately is about fun, and your alliance abp statistics this weekend blow my paltry efforts out of the water:

http://us.grepostats.com/world/us21/alliance/7159/members?compare=kill_att

versus my

http://us.grepostats.com/world/us21/alliance/424/members?compare=kill_att

It was pure luck that earned me an Attacker of the Day award, and utter incompetence that saw me earning more abps than your entire 'elite' alliance.

That noise you hear is my virtual microphone being dropped.

DeletedUser

i was referring more to their areas in the far north east, where i was fighting them...they may well have adapted to battle in the sectors you are fighting them in...

and, i can hardly be blamed for trying to push out a bit of my own propaganda , can i?

also, it depends how u look at the numbers...a lot depends on context...yeah we have 16 players, and 3 in the top 50 attackers, but thats also 18.75% of our membership(not too bad)...assassins has 9 , with 82 total players, or 10%

my players are all proven to me, less they wouldnt have gotten sponsored and voted in...though u may not have heard of some of them

location has a bit to do with where we are lacking in numbers...so does our small group

but a small group is what we wanted...its a winning formula, we like it and we're sticking with it

DeletedUser6798

wait... Mikos agreed with me??? I.. dont know what to say...

Other than that lulz, propaganda is definitely expected and encouraged. I mean.. thisisgrepolis isnt it?

Like I said. I do like the small group strategy. It wont win you a crown, but you can still dominate and completely destroy more established alliances. IF you have the right people involved.

DeletedUser

thats the plan, we see our role as spoilers, pirates...teg has strong relationship with us, considering we fought in a brutal war of anihilation with them not too long ago...we all see this partnership as very effective in the north...we have turned it into a very efficient force, with each group doing what it does best and at the same time retaining independence ...certainly turning the tables in 052...and beyond

we kill for pleasure not virtual crowns,

we have been very influential, especially in the north, and very efficient and effective...all large groups have taken notice of our very small group and the results we are capable of delivering, and want us on their team...i view that as a success in itself...especially considering the way this new incarnation of roughnecks came about

we believe we have the right people, and we believe we have a pretty good ability to influence events in upsilon very effectively...just look at how the trinity/teg war started, and roughnecks key involvement in that

ask teg, ask trinity, hell ask havoc...tho we saw long ago the writing on the wall with them...perhaps before they themselves did

DeletedUser

and, i can hardly be blamed for trying to push out a bit of my own propaganda , can i?
but a small group is what we wanted...its a winning formula, we like it and we're sticking with it

Well I suppose on rare occasion, I've been known to veer off my fair and balanced approach to forum posting and 'flavor' my argumentation a bit. ;)

I do agree that you have a winning formula because it is a fun formula and you guys get to dictate for yourselves what success and 'winning' is, not the puppet masters of Grepolis and their WW end game.

But alas, not all can be so pure as RN or SCOURGE. Others, like myself, have been smitten by Kronelust, desire for the diadem, a passion for the purple.

Like Simba in the Lion King,

'I just can't wait to be king'.

attachment.php