Bringing Back Upsilon: Updated Top 12 Sink or Swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser6798
  • Start date

DeletedUser6798

Let's also uncover another dirty secret in those numbers. You just recruited Firebrand the Benedict Arnold of the West. That doesn't sound like you're filling up the ranks with Spartans, more like fair-weather warriors from the island of Lesbos.

And don't even try to color that one other than for it is: fair weather friends disappear at first sign of rough winds. Review the server's history and that of the once 'statistically invincible' Hive.

So go choke on that piece of honeycomb, my friend. You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking I wouldn't find out the wimpy traiterousness underlying your bogus, braggadocious worship of numerology.

The only statistics you can trust folks is mine. I don't lie nor do I lie with numbers. I am fully Socratic in my love of truth, unlike the sophists who haunt these forums.

Coming from an alliance who fights along side AR, you have no position to judge other alliances and who they recruit. That being said, I am sure you know exactly how it all went down. I am sure you were there, as the fly you are, on the wall during the months of conversations I had with firebrand, smmclean, and OSUMarine. If you want fair weather, look at the alliance they left. As I said 5 players out of 250 leave the alliance and it crumbles. Players up and ghost while others begin destructing their cities. Geez they made The Hive look like kings with how long we were able to last when more than 5 players just up and left. Can you really blame these guys for not wanting to fight alongside these other quitters? Honestly, would you?

You are right though, The Hive players that left were fair weather. Cowards too. However, those players had played in this world for a a couple of months. No way we could have foreseen that players like DN would leave. Statistics dont show everything.

And trust your word? That is laughable. The only reason you speak in riddles is because essentially you have nothing to say. You offer some thought on the way things currently are, but now that it is obvious your side is currently losing the war, the only thing you have left to discuss is the future. You say SO is going to all of a sudden start kicking butt. Well lets see it. I know you cant tell me everything (I certainly dont share all my info on here) but Mikos it just seems like you pull these predictions out of your you know what. Make some kind of concrete argument. I use stats.. it is my argument and thats what I choose to support my opinion. They are stats that everyone has access to. But at least they arent backless statements.

Damn, what is that I see before me? A flatline?
View attachment 1672
By the way Oliver, thank you so much for your negative endorsements, I believe past behaviour is a good indicator of future behaviour...this suits us very well in two respects. Firstly, your predictions have proved to be so inaccurate in the past that I would not like to embarrass you by recounting them all here old bean, so you predicting our downfall can only mean our assured success. Secondly, once a loser always a loser. Kinda wonder which nest you will find yourself in next mate?

That is interesting Gary.. not often do you see a flat line. Usually growth is either up or down. Look a little further, I am sure you will be able to figure out what is behind the last couple of days.

That being said, how could you accuse me being wrong so often? I have also gotten things right, and a lot has yet to be proven. At least I put myself out there and make predictions. I already told you, if you dont provide anything of weight to this conversation, then I wont respond to your childish remarks. Also, go back and look at your partner in crime's predictions. He had havoc at #3 and SO in the top 5 I think by the end of may. Additionally, why call me a loser? You havent taken a city from me yet, even when the Hive was falling apart, AM couldnt take a city from me. Just because players were quitting around us and we decided to shut down the Hive for that reason doesnt make me a loser. The Hive is still alive. All the quality players are still here. You havent taken anyone out of the game the way we just took some havoc guys out of the game (hehe).

But hey, you obviously know more about everything compared to me. I guess I just have the "guts" to stand by my word and contribute on an intellectual level to something that obviously people outside of my alliance enjoy. This is a game. But until you grow "guts" or develop the ability to put two intelligent, coherent thoughts together on these forums, it is probably best you do like Two Fortis and strike these externals.

And seriously guys.. is this going to turn to personal attacks? Am I that on the money that you cant come up with something to challenge the points I have made? I mean really we are all adults (for the most part) I dont have a need to come on here and defend myself, nor should I have to. Keep it respectful or really the mods may as well just lock this thread.

DeletedUser

He didnt call you a loser. Read it again.
Oh and you didnt take anyone out of the game from Havoc either. A few players quit when FB and 5 more switched sides. Choosing to quit rather than fight people you once trusted is not the same thing as being rimmed and shame on you for not knowing the difference. Even worse is your perversion of the friendship these players all had with each other. I really do not know how you expect to command any respect on this forum with such gross misrepresentations. Was it not you who started this, calling people cowards? Worse yet people who are not here to defend themselves. Do not throw rocks when you live in a glass house. If you are gonna come on here and lie with your numbers you can hardly be mad when some one calls out liar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Oliver, Havoc is alive and well. Even with the traitors' help, Antimatter STILL can't take A SINGLE city from me. You guys snipe some inactive cities here and there, then whisper sweetness in the ears of weak hearted fools, then claim a total victory - what a joke. Funny thing is, I remember the Hive collapsing the moment a few players left. Yet where is Havoc...still sinking your ships and slaughtering your troops. Our walls remain sturdy, as does our determination to ACTUALLY FIGHT for our alliance, rather than slink away after the first opportunity presented. Good luck to you man. You run an alliance of backstabbers, so you might want to keep one eye open while you sleep.

25% of Havoc is still 100% better than Antimatter and Darkmatter bloated with a bunch of turncoats.

DeletedUser

Was it not you who started this...

This is the thread's lead post:

Ok, a ton of things have changed since the last Sink/Float/Swim thread was made BEFORE THANKSGIVING, so I figured it would be a good idea to make one of these. I will try to be unbiased, and quite brash in order to stir up some debate. Would like to get as many alliances involved in here as possible. Here it goes:

1. The Hive
My alliance so I wont say anything other than that we are #1 in ABP and DBP

2. Uprising
Swim
Outside of The Hive, these guys have the highest per player average of any of the other Top 12 alliances. They are a rim based alliance, so they have a stronghold on their core and cover a large area of the map. However, they are sandwiched between 2 other top 5 alliances to their internal decisions on expansion will greatly effect their future. Their Top 5 status in ABP and DBP also show strong participation from the top down.

3. Assassins Rite
Float then Sink
My first bold prediction for a top 3 alliance. While I think they will float for a while, their situation will be their downfall. They seem to be even further out on the rim than Uprising, and will either have to take them on directly or attempt to expand into the core which is never an easy task. They arent under much attack as shown in their awful #18 DBP rating, but are #4 in ABP which shows they are still growing. Only time will tell how they handle the pressure of being under constant attack. As with most rim alliances, it is hard to get a true grasp on them as they are typically left to themselves for the first portion of the world.

5. Havoc - Ocean 25
Sink
This portion of Havoc found themselves in the top 5 after a recent merger. Surprisingly enough, they cover much more than what their name would lead everyone to believe. That is why I think they will sink. As with most alliances that have a network as large as the Havoc Network, over time sections are closed and consolidated. While Havoc's numbers are strong, it is impossible to keep them up. I see this section of Havoc being absorbed into others as eventually they cut down to 3 or even 4 groups. The #9 ABP and #23 DBP also calls question to some of the members they acquired through this merger.

6. Trinity
Float
With my obvious bias, this prediction is optimistic to say the least. Trinity is another alliance that seemed to rise from the ashes of other alliances. Their expansion policy into the core is brave to say the least, and their being outside the top 10 in ABP and DBP calls one to question if they arent more simmers than anything. The time will come where they will be forced to take some type of action as they occupy a key portion of the world.

7. The Elder Gods
Float then Sink
This alliance contains some pretty decent players in my eyes, it is just they are just lost among everyone else. This alliance has been battered from both sides for a while and it is reflected in their #2 DBP ranking. They can hold their own for a while, but they have no place to expand. As their enemies begin to grow around them, their strong players will be forced to either merge or go down with the sinking ship.

8. Havoc
Swim
This is where my other prediction makes more sense. The original section of the alliance right now is stretched out beyond their means. They can survive because they are on the opposite side of the world compared to other rim alliances. Unless they break down internally, they will continue to exist until they are pressured. Once they consolidate their members into something more manageable, they can become a force to be reckoned with.

10. -The Elder Gods-
Sink
This is the most ill-conceived academy pairing I have seen in a while. And that is being kind. -EG- is too far from their parent alliance to provide and benefit, and in my opinion are merely a distraction for their enemies. This alliance is WAY out on the rim and has nowhere to expand but SW. While this may seem as a decent strategy to EG to sandwich their enemy, Havoc's numbers are simply to great for this alliance to really do anything.

He's not a liar, he just lives on the wrong side of the number line.

Of course he can't admit it, but I'm sure he and his fellows are beginning to feel that something has suddenly gone very,very wrong. I believe I called it the top of the roller coaster ride. It's all screams, VMs and ghosting from now on for the AM/DM team. AHHHHHH!

DeletedUser6798

Oliver, Havoc is alive and well. Even with the traitors' help, Antimatter STILL can't take A SINGLE city from me. You guys snipe some inactive cities here and there, then whisper sweetness in the ears of weak hearted fools, then claim a total victory - what a joke. Funny thing is, I remember the Hive collapsing the moment a few players left. Yet where is Havoc...still sinking your ships and slaughtering your troops. Our walls remain sturdy, as does our determination to ACTUALLY FIGHT for our alliance, rather than slink away after the first opportunity presented. Good luck to you man. You run an alliance of backstabbers, so you might want to keep one eye open while you sleep.

25% of Havoc is still 100% better than Antimatter and Darkmatter bloated with a bunch of turncoats.

Magnus.. I'm glad you defended 2 of your cities. I responded to your message in game and it was a job well done. However I was unaware that Yeager and Apocalypse74 were inactive.. Oh thats right, they arent. So far 3 of their cities have fallen, likely because you cried out and demanded all support. Just wait, your time will come. However, turtle up for now. As a side note, The Hive didnt collapse when a few players left. The Hive began its downfall when dozens of players went to VM or just became inactive over the course of months. Then when it was determined the Hive had fallen past the point of no return, the remaining players went to AM/DM to continue the fight.

As far as you TT, He did call me a loser. He said in reference to me, once a loser always a loser. You should read again lol. However, you are right I called people cowards. I called people from my own alliances cowards. People that run away from the game the moment times may seem tough are cowards. I give magnus respect for sticking it out and fighting right now. That cant be said for the majority of other players in Havoc. They are cowards, and quitters. Like magnus, I have stuck out being betrayed before just to prove a point. I did a bang up job doing so as I am sure he will as well. As far as us knocking out some of your players.. we may not have taken every last city from them, but I never said we rimmed them. Similarly there are ways to take players out of the game other than taking their cities. That is what happened with Havoc. Finally I don't command respect on these externals. Do I expect it? Sure, but I let my actions speak for themselves. And the way I act on here calls for respect. We can debate and argue but be respectful. However I could care less if players that jump up and down like children with their comments have any respect for me because I have none for them.

And Mikos I dont know what you are talking about, things feel fine from this end. Maybe you should ask your other buddy alliance about that. Once again you puff your chest and provide no concrete evidence to justify your opinion. I am so ashamed. You keep calling for us to run to VM.. so far your prediction is late.. I am just wondering if it will ever happen.

DeletedUser9934

Thats truly ironic ximixos, I'm hearing you have multiple members on ths cusp of going into VM and thats after having a few of them quit this past week or two

DeletedUser

"Oli you are a loser," did anyone else read this? All I can say is if the shoe fits wear it. And you are correct in saying you should be treated based on how you act. That is exactly what's going on here. You are in 3 different conversations with different people in the same thread and the only common denominator is you. Once you seemed credible but now it's just venom spitting in any direction that does not agree.

DeletedUser6798

I'm not venom spitting.. Ask Marius if I was venom spitting.. He has his opinion and it differed from mine and we discussed. I dont venom spit TT.. Just because you dont like what I have to say doesnt mean my stats are true or that my conclusions are valid. And it doesnt mean it is meant as an insult.

I obviously have my methods of how I choose to look at and analyze things. You dont have to agree with my conclusions or my methods. But at least I use some kind of concrete method, and I am not scare to make my own conclusions. The only reason these sink/swim threads are fun here are because of how hurt people like you get. And your comments are quite hysterical. Go look at other worlds. There other people contribute, make their own sink/swims and are able to discuss/debate. Here all you have are cowards scared to voice their own opinion. Please take your seat back in the stands TT, you obviously dont have what it takes to form a coherent analysis.

Its always amazing to come across some very analytic people in this game. This game is full of strategy and analysis so I find it interesting to hear what people have to say. At least hear what the deep thinkers have to say. That obviously doesnt exist here.

DeletedUser

Just because you dont like what I have to say doesnt mean my stats are true or that my conclusions are valid.
Can I get an AMEN!

Right on Oli, though the rest of this kinda reminds me of someone.
images

DeletedUser

Can I get an AMEN!

Preach it Fortis! Preach it!

All I know from my end is that you got hold of 5 fair weather players, finely dressed warriorinas from the island of Lesbos. Fortis and Magnus are the true Spartans here. They prefer honor and kallos thanatos, not selling one's soul for a virtual profile picture of a crown.

News Flash! Benedict Arnold chose the wrong side. The invincible Persians with their Oliverian statisticians promising victory were bested by the cryptic words of the Delphic Oracle, brave example of the 300 Spartans, and the cunning of the Athenian Navy.

We shall win the crown. It has been foretold.

DeletedUser

Just for clarity I did in fact call you a loser Oliver, my understanding of the word is as follows:
A person, team, nation, etc., that loses: The visiting team was the loser in the series.
So unless it was your intention for your team The Hive to actually give up and concede defeat....
Mate, if you can't take it then don't give it.
In relation to your new found friends I'd say considering the location of your new peeps, that they are no real addition to AM/DM in their Eastern front battles. So no real worries there then.

DeletedUser6798

Glad you caught that TT. I hope you realize its purpose. :s

Mikos, more predictions from you? we shall see. ;)

Gary, you havent said anything I already havent about The Hive. When it comes to other players, we shall see o.o

See what I did there? :p

DeletedUser8491

Oliver, I think we are pretty much in agreement except on the larger question of how Trinity will hold up. But as they say that is why we play the game.

Clb...go get a drink and calm down.

I can only know how many cities we have taken from you by looking on grepostats (oh and on the scoreboard we keep on our internal forums). I have no idea how competent the players are that we are attacking. I am sorry your alliance is stacked full of inactive and incompetent players who don't post support requests. What I can tell you is those 35 cities are now being run by Hera players. I would also point out that as Oliver noted some Hera players are inactive as well. It might be a smart idea for you to occasionally try to take one of those. Basically your strategy has been to hide behind your brm walls or attack one of our academy up in OC51.

I am sick of the "inactives" defense. As an alliance you have a responsibility to defend your inactive cities and keep them from falling in the hands of your enemies. Something you are not doing a very good job at. Yes, taking inactive cities is easier than taking them from active players, just like taking cities from incompetent players is easier than taking from competent ones. And yes you shut our "offensives down" but we just attack again a few days later and over time your position declines relative to ours. It also shouldn't take you a month for you to reposition some brms.

As for the two front thing I would like to point out that you are an entire alliance system, when you think of Trinity system as a whole its not like we aren't also fighting AM/DM? How would you be doing if your second front was against AM? With HAVOC collapsing you have a real opportunity to turn the tables on us. I think everyone recognizes that. Good Luck.

(In one of the great ironies of Grepolis as I was typing this message we just took a 12k city from you. Don't count it though,..player was only occasionally active)

Ugh...ok. I NEVER post to externals, lol, but here we go. Always seems to be a few people that want a conversation and then a WHOLE LOTTA guys stroking their egos. This has just been bugging me for a couple of days now and I gotta say something. I honestly think your problem, Marius, is that you see the numbers as an end in itself. Heh, no one ever told you it's not the size that counts but how you use it? :) You can say that you took 35 cities from us. Honestly, I don't even care to look it up- I'm sure your numbers are accurate. But what are your players doing with those cities relative to what our players are doing with ours? See, player size doesn't matter and city size doesn't matter and number of cities honestly doesn't matter unless you know how to effectively manage what you have. Resource management game. Period.

In reality, if it looks like we haven't been paying attention, that's partially true. Our two-front war WAS definitely a two-front war. And there was no way we were going to alleviate pressure on Havoc, especially as others were finally able to start throwing their hat in the ring more heavily. So yes, our attention was divided...and maybe now it's not. :D Maybe we weren't taking cities from you but that's because we weren't trying. We were focused on other areas and other wars. I don't really understand your point about how we would be doing if we were up against AM/DM. Are you saying that AM/DM are better than you so we would fare worse? lol. Maybe we just did a really good job picking who we fight. Then again, we didn't choose to fight you. You broke a pact and attacked what were supposed to be friendly waters. So we will accept those losses. The game is not decided over a couple of weeks. You no longer have the element of surprise like week 1 and thankfully you've taken care of our ocean 53 inactives problem. We will see where you go from there.

As for hiding behind our brim walls? LMAO! Um, ok, so you want us to leave ourselves defenseless while you attack us? Now, I'm no expert, but this seems like the EXACT thing that you use those for. Hehe. I do just want to point out that you guys attacked me and I did not put up a brim wall at all...and you still could not get the revolt in after something to the tune of 60 attacks. So brim wall or no, our defense is tight...as it should be if we plan to stick around for oh more than a week. lols

I am responding to you, by the way, because you think that clb's responses to you carry some personal resentment. I don't think they do, albeit he IS very protective of his people. I do know that I carry no such resentment. Whatever communication we have had in game has not been mean-spirited. Our communication outside of the game will also not be mean spirited. This is a game- it's meant to be fun- and honestly, I am having a BLAST. I hope you are too. :)

DeletedUser6798

I have to say.. I am slightly disappointed. I saw you post in here IP and was expecting you to throw some low blows in there 8)

Even still well said, and the next couple of weeks will be very interesting on several fronts.

DeletedUser6798

hey.. remember that time ximikos made his own sink/swim in hopes it would be as awesome as mine?

Oh and here is a quickie..

1. Assassins Rite- Float then Sink
2. Antimatter- N/A
3. The Elder Gods- Swim
4. DarkMatter- N/A
5. The Trinity- Sink
6. Heracletian Alliance- Sink
7. The Elite- Float
8. Dionysus- Float then Sink
9. Last Rites- Sinking(Now known as Last Breath)
10. -Guardians of the West- Float then ...

Honorable Mention:
20. Roughnecks- Swim then Float

Least Honorable Mention:
17. Havoc Resurgent- Sink then Float?

DeletedUser

Was hoping for something a little more in depth. Your slacking brother! :p

DeletedUser

thx for the honorable mention...of course, we think we will swim across every ocean filled with red

-the roughnecks

DeletedUser6798

Yea lots for you guys to still do/prove.. a lot depends on the decisions of your leadership, your moves going forward will determine your fate.

DeletedUser

Yea lots for you guys to still do/prove.. a lot depends on the decisions of your leadership, your moves going forward will determine your fate.

every man here is a leader/has leader permissions (since we are a small elite, and very exclusive team) and has a say in our decisions because they all get a vote on major decisions, which are very thoroughly discussed and thought out....we are a true meritocracy,if u get to even join it means you have been sponsored by a current roughneck and voted in ...as for our elected positions...well i am the overall military commander, and celloman is in charge of diplomacy....and our men seem to think we do ok, no one has called a vote to replace us

we have our long term plans well in place, of course, those are not to be discussed

and , well, as for now we are eating trinity's lunch on our eastern front...lol

btw, we are ranked 18 now...not bad for 16 pirates:)