Beta Focus Group Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Woah! Interesting. I was just thinking about this very same issue earlier today when I realised I haven't logged onto my beta account for ages.

This programme will surely help even if I don't think the lack of rewards for beta testing is the only issue. Simply the notion of being a part of an "elite" group and some added competitive edge between the beta focus testers from different servers should help to keep the morale high and thus keep people playing.

EDIT: Not sure if it's the kind of feedback you guys are looking for but the caption "Playing Today, Building Tomorrow" under the Grepolis Beta Testers logo made me literally laugh out loud.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With some people, you can't log in properly with their Windows XP software. Along with that, I've dealt with some security issues on Skype as well, such as people finding my location in real life, hacking into my computer, or the dreaded DDoS (Denial-of-Service) Attacks.

I couldn't be in this because of my late-starting, I've seen commercials about this game since 2012 but never went on, thought of it as a waste of time which is why I never judge a book by it's cover anymore. Would be nice though to be able to help the game while earning some Gold, didn't know there was this method.

DeletedUser

With some people, you can't log in properly with their Windows XP software. Along with that, I've dealt with some security issues on Skype as well, such as people finding my location in real life, hacking into my computer, or the dreaded DDoS (Denial-of-Service) Attacks.

I couldn't be in this because of my late-starting, I've seen commercials about this game since 2012 but never went on, thought of it as a waste of time which is why I never judge a book by it's cover anymore. Would be nice though to be able to help the game while earning some Gold, didn't know there was this method.

A little derail about Skype.

Login issues is something that can be fixed with minimal effort, I personally haven't heard of any specific XP/Skype incompatibilities and I've been using skype for the last 5 years or so.

Finding your RL location, hacking or getting DDoS'ed isn't exactly some inherent fault of skype. It's possible for IT-literate people to accomplish all that no matter if you have or do not have skype, and as far as I know Skype doesn't make it any easier. The only actual risk I see from Skype is the fact it's another place people can send you malicious links - but those can be and are shared everywhere on the internet. I'll be evil and add that if you have Java installed, and you most probably do, then it's a 100x a greater risk then skype. ;) That thing gets hacked on a weekly basis.

*TERRIBLE ANALOGY WARNING!!! *

Skype is a potential risk, just like having windows in your house is a potential way for someone to break in. Doesn't mean you should wall everything up. Simply minimise the risks and don't leave your keys under the plant pot.

In the last 5 years, the only real issue I saw people have with skype is the fact many to do not want to voice chat with random geeks and nerds on the internet and thus hesitate to install it.

Many people think Skype = voice chat, but all Inno asks here is text chat. And thank god too, all germans I talked to pronounce the "E" at the end of my username. >_<

Hopefully that clarifies everything, now lets get back to the actual topic.

Regards,
Draqone

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Along with that, I've dealt with some security issues on Skype as well, such as people finding my location in real life, hacking into my computer
Finding your location can be done on these forums in a post or PM with a IP logger banner in it. Skype makes it easier to do, all you have to do is click on someones profile and a run a couple of commands in CMD.

Hacking into your computer and DDoS attacks are easier to do without skype, again all i would do it add a banner into this post, which sends me your IP, then i run DDoS/hack. Its not caused by skype.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't mind playing a Beta version of this...how do I get an account?

DeletedUser

I haven't heard a thing on this yet, there's an application form though on the first post.

DeletedUser

Sweet...I am really liking the new interface in the Beta game.