Best Resource Combo for your first city on a server

Kariella

Hoplite
Hi... just wondering what the popular opinion is on the best resource combo is for your first city on the server... in looking around I am going to say

+Silver
-Wood

It seems like silver is the easiest resource to turn into wood or rock
Rock seems more popular than wood
Island trading with the FV's seems to favor wood

thoughts?

DeletedUser2714

well it all depends on what you will be producing the most...unit wise...if you are going to be focusing on naval warfare a + wood is great but for slings and most offense you want a + stone -wood or a +silver -wood...so i would suggest you to figure out what you will be wanting to do in the near future and then base your resource camps off of that...because where your city is put you can not change...but if lets say you were put on a + wood -stone island and you want your stone production to be greater what would you do?? well you would boost that stone quarry up a few lvls more to balance it out to your desire...pretty simple actually...just got to sit down and think for a little lol

DeletedUser

Also the farming villages will offer different trading options on different islands.

DeletedUser

I would pick a +stone for the first city if given the choice. Buildings take a lot of stone to construct and that will be the main purpose of your first city. After your first city you can start conquering cities wherever you want. It won't make that much of a difference in the long run the resource combo.

DeletedUser2687

well it all depends on what you will be producing the most...unit wise...if you are going to be focusing on naval warfare a + wood is great but for slings and most offense you want a + stone -wood or a +silver -wood...so i would suggest you to figure out what you will be wanting to do in the near future and then base your resource camps off of that...because where your city is put you can not change...but if lets say you were put on a + wood -stone island and you want your stone production to be greater what would you do?? well you would boost that stone quarry up a few lvls more to balance it out to your desire...pretty simple actually...just got to sit down and think for a little lol

also if you have a + wood _ stone you could focus on swords and arches

DeletedUser

swords and archers require 0 rock. You would be better off with any -rock island for those units

Last edited by a moderator: