Best Players of Alpha

DeletedUser

I know who i am...who are you lol

I was top ten in attacking...well rotating between 12th and 9th....hard with less than 60 cities...up until wonders started.

I wish u had attacked me, but as far as skill goes, U are probably the second best of the lot attackers. Alkarion has to be 1. Both are people we always watched for. Wolfn wasnt bad either.

Also Just remember some of the best attackers slowed or changed. No ALB, Ridge slowed, and Ben left for a while. I still think the best attacker I ever saw in Alpha has to be Kitte. He did things in the first few months that no one did forever in the game!

DeletedUser

I also think mention should be made of the biggest pain in Phoenix' butt -- Empire of Arnor. He'd colonize in the middle of (at the time) Helghast territory and give them many a sleepless night. Jackjokerst, how many times did you try to attack him and get smoked? A excellent defender, but his RL has taken away time from playing the way he used to.

DeletedUser723

Since we're mentioning past players now, I've gotta give my boy Atrain a mentioning. He still has close to the most Attacker of the day awards and he has "the" most Looter of the day awards on the server. (And that's all from before he quit, 6 months into the server). Skill can be measured by many things. In this case, Atrain had the skill to shut down every enemy player in all of ocean 44. We "literally" never got attacked because of his constant farming. I only had 20k DBP up to the time when I fought Ascension because of him.

The best "out of the gates" player there is and he's repeating this domination on another server with me. So trust me, it was not a fluke.

DeletedUser

I also think mention should be made of the biggest pain in Phoenix' butt -- Empire of Arnor. He'd colonize in the middle of (at the time) Helghast territory and give them many a sleepless night. Jackjokerst, how many times did you try to attack him and get smoked? A excellent defender, but his RL has taken away time from playing the way he used to.

Agreed, this guy gets mad props for his defending skills in enemy territory. There were a few times I remember him having multiple cities under attack and not losing one.

The best player Alpha ever saw had to be Sheridan though.

DeletedUser811

LOL, this forum exists only for you guys to toot your own horns. I never had a problem taking a cupdeez city. The only time I ever saw him successfully defend from anybody was when he joined TA and they would send 4k transports to protect him. You guys are narcissistic as hell!

DeletedUser

LOL, this forum exists only for you guys to toot your own horns. I never had a problem taking a cupdeez city. The only time I ever saw him successfully defend from anybody was when he joined TA and they would send 4k transports to protect him. You guys are narcissistic as hell!

When I 1st joined Sab in Indo TA didn't supply us with much support at all. I went 100% defensive since LOT had a nut for attacking me. I was only reset 1 time. I also didn't hide behind TA. I had 30+ cities on the front line and if you attacked a TA player on the 65/66 border I had 3-4k transports in the city within 1-3 hours... The only gold I spent was for premium (captain & Farm) and 1-2 times on my city wall when CB + LOT was attacking me. I would guesstimate my entire Grepolis gold was probably around $100 dollars for the alpha server.

Darl was the best sniper
Sab/Flip was the leader out of all the alliance I was in.
CB was the best offensive player
Not sure about def but any of the guys in the top 10 knew what they were doing. Take your pick.

Enkil's - you told me you where going to remove me from the alpha server, you told me I should have followed you, and you claim how bad of a player I am.. Yet even after getting reset I managed to only be ranked 10 spots under you and the alliance I joined finished #1. Don't be a hatter.

PS.

I assume I will see many of you guys on the Hero world and I look forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't think I can name anyone specifically, but I was impressed with the way LOT/IAM coordinated their attacks against me, especially in the beginning of our war (they didn't seem to be quite as organized later). They were usually very well timed even with many attackers. They also did a good job of mixing up their tactics from op to op. If they had one person planning those ops, they deserve props.

I started out not planning to mention anyone I shared an alliance with, but I should mention that Darl was the sniping Jedi. The time he saved 4 cities in 2 days should always be remembered.

DeletedUser723

-rep for posting a negative remark in a forum thread created to show respect to all players on alpha.

Nobody is tooting their own horn here. In fact, many players being mentioned aren't even in TA! So take your negativity somewhere else Enkil. There's no need for it here.

DeletedUser39

Though the majority will not agree with me on this one, one of the players that really sticked with me was Zlutan. From the first conflict up to the point where he hit restart, he had been a royal pain in both my butt, and The Ancient's butt. No matter what way we tried, he always managed to huddle up enough defences in his city to prevent the conquest from being succesful. I'm sure that if he had stuck around untill the end, he would've been one of the best defenders in Alpha.

I'm aware of the way he left Alpha; though I still think he deserves an honorable mention.

DeletedUser747

-rep for posting a negative remark in a forum thread created to show respect to all players on alpha.

Nobody is tooting their own horn here. In fact, many players being mentioned aren't even in TA! So take your negativity somewhere else Enkil. There's no need for it here.

I tooted my own horn lol.

DeletedUser

Interesting choice... I do have to clarify that Tara is the best player at manipulating others as well as making up lies because all that real life stuff she said never happened. She Made up the car accident, brain surgery and all that to get attention from people and have others feel bad for her. In the same respect, many of us fell for it which sort of proves as her being the best manipulator on alpha. She is also hands down the best liar on the server. But at the end of the day she is cranking which makes her resilient... She also has been allies or almost a piece of all three of the big alliances on the server. Sadly her secret was exposed when many in lot tried to send her get well flowers. Props to Lot for being Human and having some compassion.

Maybe she isn't a she?!!?!? I've meant someone just as manipulative online before.... so I have learned not to trust them. On games people will always try to get ahead by posing as girls and lying about accidents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Though the majority will not agree with me on this one, one of the players that really sticked with me was Zlutan. From the first conflict up to the point where he hit restart, he had been a royal pain in both my butt, and The Ancient's butt. No matter what way we tried, he always managed to huddle up enough defences in his city to prevent the conquest from being succesful. I'm sure that if he had stuck around untill the end, he would've been one of the best defenders in Alpha.

I'm aware of the way he left Alpha; though I still think he deserves an honorable mention.

I was gonna give some props to Zlutan but thought that i'd get spammed with negative comments. At the same time Acu, you are one of the greatest players Alpha saw.

DeletedUser3981

That doesn't mean i'm on here everyday,that means when I have time I like to let loose and share a laugh with some people on here.I have had about 50 posts in this past week.I have gained 30,000 points this week not to mention.I can multi task unlike your 88 posts.Let me ask u a question.Have u ever used gold in alpha?I bet u have,i haven't used a cent on alpha.

The player I would pick would most likely be,ladytaralynn.She fought here way back against us(LoT).She has become stronger over time and it made her a harder target.She has been a personal representation of "never quit".She has also fought here way back with her RL problems.My hat is tipped to her.

You wanna talk about that? The ORIGINAL Ancients did nothing but kick my ass and i stuck around. Stayed in my ocean. NEVER lost a city to them. You know why? Cause i didn't quit. You don't see me talking about how great i am cause i'm not. This was meant to be a NON HOSTILE forum