Best Leader/ Worst Leader

DeletedUser2498

hmmm. i don't know if i know of a good leader who DOESN'T talk trash on the forums. i play in 4 worlds, let's check my alliance leaders...

theta - the reckoning - group leadership, but leader or not we ALL talk trash in that alliance
iota - swamp fox brigade - apathetic king - yep. definitely talks trash
rho - byzantine empire, academy of PiD (too long on VM near the start of the world for the big leagues yet) - fermenting fruit - i don't even need to tell you about him
tau - WDTFS - charl - yep, checkmark on trash talk here too

if you have any doubts about the leadership capabilities of any of those people, you haven't played this game long enough to be commenting on people's leadership abilities. if you don't know about them, pick a regular commentator on this forum, and they will tell you about how great the leadership for all of those groups are. i can also give you a pretty good sized list of other good leaders who also talk a lot of junk on the forums, but my active worlds is enough to prove my point. thanks for playing though.

DeletedUser

Lol guess that makes me a bad leader also :(

Well.. when I look you up on Grepostats you don't appear to have much of a track record on the US servers, so whilst I'm not making judgement either way, the statistics are certainly not in your favor. This current server is still in the "kindergarten" phase of the server, so I don't think we really have a measure of who is a good and who is a bad leader.

hmmm. i don't know if i know of a good leader who DOESN'T talk trash on the forums. i play in 4 worlds, let's check my alliance leaders...

theta - the reckoning - group leadership, but leader or not we ALL talk trash in that alliance
iota - swamp fox brigade - apathetic king - yep. definitely talks trash
rho - byzantine empire, academy of PiD (too long on VM near the start of the world for the big leagues yet) - fermenting fruit - i don't even need to tell you about him
tau - WDTFS - charl - yep, checkmark on trash talk here too

if you have any doubts about the leadership capabilities of any of those people, you haven't played this game long enough to be commenting on people's leadership abilities. if you don't know about them, pick a regular commentator on this forum, and they will tell you about how great the leadership for all of those groups are. i can also give you a pretty good sized list of other good leaders who also talk a lot of junk on the forums, but my active worlds is enough to prove my point. thanks for playing though.

Well I guess then that most "regular commentators" as you like to call them , have no idea about leadership if they all think their leadership is great.

Now before you suggest that perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about, I guess I will at least give you my "qualifications' if you will.

Personally I was the leader of the largest alliance on the largest US server for close to a year. ( the server with the largest number of cities that is.. US4 - 1,373 players, 3,102 alliances, 82,988 cities)
I was also the number 1 ranked player on this same server for close to a year - (Just not in the first 3 months because that is the time for noobs with too much gold to be ranked #1 :) ) . Even after I had a 6 week vacation I'm still the #2 player.

So yes, I believe that I am qualified to speak about this topic.

Maybe you might talk a little trash on your in-game forum, but certainly not here. If you need to get on this forum and tell everyone how good you are and how bad everyone else is... well....then you're probably not that good. ;-)

A good leader leads by example.

A good leader doesn't need to talk trash about other leaders or other alliances - he lets his alliance statistics do the talking.

Having said that, from what I've seen , very few of the regular forum posters are even alliance leaders (or they're attempting it for the first time). I've also noticed that very few of the "regulars" are ranked in the top 100 of ANY server you've played in. Of course feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ;-)

So leading a top 10 alliance for the first 3 months of a server doesn't make you a great leader. It makes you a good recruiter.
What makes you a good leader is to be able to hold that alliance together for the next 6 months whilst maintaining your top 10 position.

DeletedUser

I think that really depends on the type of alliance you are leading. If you are leading a "good guy" alliance, then yes, set a good example and don't trash talk. If you are leading a "bad guy" alliance ;) , trashtalking is setting a bad example for your bad guy alliance, catch my drift??

You need people like me, lol.
kwx8.jpg

DeletedUser2498

i'm not suggesting that talking trash makes you a good leader, that would be silly. what i am saying is that (usually) it's a reflection of confidence, which tends to be a trait necessary for effective leadership. if someone is confident in the direction they have chosen, people will follow.

i don't see the necessity of a leader being a top 5, 10, or even 100 player on a server either. it doesn't hurt of course, but leading from the front is not a requirement for good leadership. being able to motivate the troops toward a common objective is the requirement, and it doesn't matter where you stand in the rankings while you do it as far as i'm concerned. i've been in alliances with top players running them that did awful because good players don't necessarily make good leaders.

also, you're right. having a top alliance 1-3 months into a server reflects more on your recruiting ability than actual leadership ability. this game is a marathon, not a sprint. the only real reason to talk this early is to invite attacks for bp, which i'm sure all of us enjoy. since as an alliance we stand at #1 on dbp right now, i would say mission accomplished. talking trash has its purposes, but i get that a lot of people don't like it. personally i have no problems with it, as long as you can back it up. different strokes for different folks i guess.

DeletedUser5088

Another quality of a good leader is someone who can joke and have fun with his/her members. This way the members feel more connected to the leader instead of him always being Mr. Serious. There are times to be serious an times to have fun.

DeletedUser

i think everyone voting are from the foxes or lycans lol....

DeletedUser

Everyone else is shy.
Get out of your shells, kids and adults we won't bite!

DeletedUser

i think everyone just doesnt like the forums , it puts yourself out there and makes you #1 target

BTW in every other world ive been in... the top aliances with the real best leaders have a no external forum post rule

DeletedUser

Go check out the top alliance in XI, Futurus Sanguis, they are the majority of the posts in that forum.

DeletedUser2063

Well.. when I look you up on Grepostats you don't appear to have much of a track record on the US servers, so whilst I'm not making judgement either way, the statistics are certainly not in your favor. This current server is still in the "kindergarten" phase of the server, so I don't think we really have a measure of who is a good and who is a bad leader.

Well I guess then that most "regular commentators" as you like to call them , have no idea about leadership if they all think their leadership is great.

Now before you suggest that perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about, I guess I will at least give you my "qualifications' if you will.

Personally I was the leader of the largest alliance on the largest US server for close to a year. ( the server with the largest number of cities that is.. US4 - 1,373 players, 3,102 alliances, 82,988 cities)
I was also the number 1 ranked player on this same server for close to a year - (Just not in the first 3 months because that is the time for noobs with too much gold to be ranked #1 :) ) . Even after I had a 6 week vacation I'm still the #2 player.

So yes, I believe that I am qualified to speak about this topic.

Maybe you might talk a little trash on your in-game forum, but certainly not here. If you need to get on this forum and tell everyone how good you are and how bad everyone else is... well....then you're probably not that good. ;-)

A good leader leads by example.

A good leader doesn't need to talk trash about other leaders or other alliances - he lets his alliance statistics do the talking.

Having said that, from what I've seen , very few of the regular forum posters are even alliance leaders (or they're attempting it for the first time). I've also noticed that very few of the "regulars" are ranked in the top 100 of ANY server you've played in. Of course feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. ;-)

So leading a top 10 alliance for the first 3 months of a server doesn't make you a great leader. It makes you a good recruiter.
What makes you a good leader is to be able to hold that alliance together for the next 6 months whilst maintaining your top 10 position.

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en30/player/2594999
That was my first serious world. One thing you should know is I don't use gold (I'm too cheap). I finished 31st for defenders there. I played on Mu here, and had to leave at 10 cities due to RL, but was ranked ~60 at the time.

This is my alliance on Rho:
http://us.grepostats.com/world/us18/alliance/4
http://us.grepostats.com/world/us18/rankings/alliancekills

So I do have some stats, and I do lead a good alliance. I was just being sarcastic when I said that lol. Although I do see where you are coming from. I am cocky because in Rho it's been open a month and not one alliance has lasted more than a week against us. My men have the upmost respect for me and vice versa.

DeletedUser

aubigrop has to be the noobiest pro i have ever seen calling you out like that :eek:

DeletedUser

i'm not suggesting that talking trash makes you a good leader, that would be silly. what i am saying is that (usually) it's a reflection of confidence, which tends to be a trait necessary for effective leadership. if someone is confident in the direction they have chosen, people will follow.

i don't see the necessity of a leader being a top 5, 10, or even 100 player on a server either. it doesn't hurt of course, but leading from the front is not a requirement for good leadership. being able to motivate the troops toward a common objective is the requirement, and it doesn't matter where you stand in the rankings while you do it as far as i'm concerned. i've been in alliances with top players running them that did awful because good players don't necessarily make good leaders.

also, you're right. having a top alliance 1-3 months into a server reflects more on your recruiting ability than actual leadership ability. this game is a marathon, not a sprint. the only real reason to talk this early is to invite attacks for bp, which i'm sure all of us enjoy. since as an alliance we stand at #1 on dbp right now, i would say mission accomplished. talking trash has its purposes, but i get that a lot of people don't like it. personally i have no problems with it, as long as you can back it up. different strokes for different folks i guess.

This is exactly what I was going to say and is spot on. It's all about confidence, and even though i'm not a leader, I can personally vouch for our leaders in WDTFS that we will dominate tau. Mostly because of me though. thisisgrepolis

DeletedUser7016

I saw the ranking today...1st dragoncire2 with 5 cities (3 of them with 1500-2000 points..-.-')......and 3663 battle points

UHHHHMMMMMM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

ehm-ehm....maybe he is the worst founder because he is the worst player? ehm-ehm *coff-coff* ..I said nothing!

DeletedUser

I saw the ranking today...1st dragoncire2 with 5 cities (3 of them with 1500-2000 points..-.-')......and 3663 battle points

UHHHHMMMMMM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

ehm-ehm....maybe he is the worst founder because he is the worst player? ehm-ehm *coff-coff* ..I said nothing!

I suspect it would be pretty easy to conquer one of his cities..

I'm guessing he'd have one army - which would be pretty average, and then like a lot of "point whores" he's probably putting his resources into buildings instead of more army and defenses.

But yeah.. agree with you there.. 5 cities and only 13,000 points is just outright embarrassing.

DeletedUser

I suspect it would be pretty easy to conquer one of his cities..

I'm guessing he'd have one army - which would be pretty average, and then like a lot of "point whores" he's probably putting his resources into buildings instead of more army and defenses.

But yeah.. agree with you there.. 5 cities and only 13,000 points is just outright embarrassing.

I got almost 12k and I only have 3 cities but this is Sigma and it's been almost a month.

DeletedUser

who knows if he is weak. with enough gold you can buy an army of any size you like