Battle points not being generated

DeletedUser39

So, this morning at ~2 AM (UTC-4, NYC time), I attacked a player, which should've given me a good ammount of BP; Now, 4 hours later, however, they still haven't been generated. It appears I'm not the only one; one of my alliance members is having the same issue.

We're both aware it takes time to generate Battle Points, but this shouldn't be taking over 4 hours, if I'm correct.

Picture - red underlined terms are the issue I'm facing;

2efnyf6.jpg

And, as for the template;

World: Alpha
In Game Name: Acupuncture
Have check the known bugs list: Yes
Have you cleared your cache and cookies: Yes
Have you tried a diffrent computer/laptop/tablelet/phone: No - it's server generated; this has nothing to do with it
Have you tried a diffrent connection: See above
Full Version or Mobile Version: Full
Browser and Version: Mozilla Firefox 15.0.1
Overview of the bug: See explanation in post
How often this occurs: First time I've ever seen this

DeletedUser

Thanks,

We are aware of the issue and are working on it. I will update when I have more info.

DeletedUser

Thanks,

We are aware of the issue and are working on it. I will update when I have more info.

I'm having the same problem. I attacked a city this morning and sent it into revolt, I needed the battle points I would get from attacking it in order to conquer it and they just never came. I understand that it's a bug, but will I be retroactively awarded my BP when the issue is resolved? I kind of need them to make the entire process of planning the attack not wasted.

DeletedUser811

No battle points for me either.

I have not received any battle points since last night. I sent about 10 attacks on a player and wiped him out, naval and land. I should have a ton of battle points. Still have not been awarded them at all.

DeletedUser

What would we do if Grepolis didn't have a meltdown every week? Can't take another city because I have no bp, afraid to build troops, buildings or research and have another rollback wipe it all out. Fantastic! It is like having a natural disaster built in.

DeletedUser811

Yeah, can someone let us know what is going on? I cannot expand even though I should have enough battle points to take my next city!

DeletedUser

I am sorry but I have nothing new I can report yet. As soon as I do, I will send mails and post here.

DeletedUser

So we are just allowed to keep playing freely? Wouldn't you think Grep would be halted or something until this is figured out? Beta has basically halted anyway with everyone being scared to attack because they wont get any BP.

DeletedUser39

As Daedalus stated in the announcement, it's only a display issue; the BP are being generated, and so are the points (alliance ranking, etc) - we as players simply can't see it.

Why it takes well over 24 hours to fix a display issue is not my task to answer, as I'm not part of the InnoGames tech-team, but I have a hunch it would have to do with the update to V 2.29, which was right before the trouble started.

DeletedUser

on gamma the bp works, not sure if his means it is fixed here and elsewhere or if it was never a problem on gamma

DeletedUser

As Daedalus stated in the announcement, it's only a display issue; the BP are being generated, and so are the points (alliance ranking, etc) - we as players simply can't see it.

Why it takes well over 24 hours to fix a display issue is not my task to answer, as I'm not part of the InnoGames tech-team, but I have a hunch it would have to do with the update to V 2.29, which was right before the trouble started.

I understand it may appear as a display issue. However, one cannot have a victory procession, for instance, to gain BP. Hence, the problem. If it was display only and I could still do things I for one would not be a bit frustrated. Glad the points are in a database somewhere, but...

DeletedUser

Same problem as I am unable to take another city because have to wait on a "display issue"...

DeletedUser

Have you considered that the VP activates when it displays you have enough BP?

DeletedUser

In-game Announcement said:
Dear players - there is a known issue with how BP is displaying. It is a display issue only. We are working on it right now. Please do not submit a ticket for it. Thanks! Daedalus.

A "display issue only" does not effect the functionality of the game beyond what isn't displaying. I think their point is that any BP we earn should eventually be credited to us, however until it is, players that didn't have the required CP prior, can not do Victory Processions on any newly-gained bp.

Unless you want to spend gold or huge amounts of resources to get your CP, you're effectively stuck. No further forward progress is possible. I'd like to hear Daedalus admit that it effects functionality, personally.

Anyway, from what I'm seeing, players are getting discouraged and are taking a break or quitting. Might be they're expecting a Rollback and just don't want to waste the effort of having to do everything over again while giving the enemy a 2nd chance to prepare a defense against what would've once been a surprise attack.

Right now, the game's just broken. All we can do now is hope they find a fix soon.

Katz

DeletedUser

Clearly, until the BP is corrected, what you are referring to is correct. Not sure how me saying that changes anything but there you have it.

DeletedUser

Clearly, until the BP is corrected, what you are referring to is correct. Not sure how me saying that changes anything but there you have it.

I think, for me, it is more about someone saying something. There are no updates as to what to expect just a big question mark and that is frustrating. Leaves a lot open to speculation and I am sure that is not what is needed, but it is the reality of it

DeletedUser

Someone sent me a PM earlier and mentioned this, I will reply here with what I said to them. I cannot imagine anyone wants to hear me say every three hours "We are still working on it!" If I were in your shoes, I would want this thing fixed. I want this thing fixed and I am not in your shoes. I plan to update all players when I get something of substance to tell everyone. I just feel like saying "we are working on it" over and over sounds a lot like someone trying to placate the players and that is not how I do thing. I tell you like it is, and how it is, because I think most players appreciate that more. Maybe not all players, but you can never please everyone.