Basic Defense Value

DeletedUser

I want to understand the "Basic Defense Value" better. I know that a city has this value based on the size of it's farm space and that it is the basic defense the city will put up against an attack. What I want to understand is this; when I farm an inactive city and have cleared out all of the troops, in some cities I suffer no or negligible losses while in others I suffer significant losses. I am assuming that these losses are do to the "Basic Defense Value" of the city, but why do I only loose troops in some cities and not others? Does the "Basic Defense Value" drop at some point?

DeletedUser

It depends on the wall level (which increases the base defence value) and on morale which lowers your attacking troops strength.

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Wall

High wall + low morale is a killer. I'd advise against farming with many units and rather stick to fewer stronger units like horsemen/chariots/harpies.

DeletedUser

Thank you for the reply Draqone. Does all that change once the city goes ghost?

W4RR10R

Chilliarch
For ghosts, morale is always 100 % and the city slowly falls apart, so the wall might fall down as well :)

DeletedUser

I am still confused by this; farming two cities of similar points with which have both been cleared of their troops and sending similar troops to farm them, I loose troops in one city but not the other, how can this be?