Banned Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I just got this from someone in my alliance was banned because you thought he was using bots:

he says that he (the moderator) can allow me to play on another server. That my game play has created a significant imbalance on this world. they were sending me these mathematical challenge questions of which I answered.
------------------------------------

what's the point of the mathematical questions if not to test if he's using bots? How has his game play created a significant imbalance in the server? He's not even in the top 115 and has less than 5 cities? Can we get an answer from the moderator?

DeletedUser

We do not allow the discussion of specific bans on the forums so please be careful with this but in general, players are banned for using illegal scripts or bots because they create a gameplay imbalance. Players who do not cheat do not get the advantages that these bots give. For example, let's say a player uses a bot to automatically farm for them. They could have this bot run at times when they are not online gathering massive amounts of resources that allow them to grow faster than players who do not have that. It is unfair, it is illegal and it will be banned.

DeletedUser

I wasn't specific and left all names out for that purpose...but if they're constantly online because they have that luxury, i personally don't but I know others that do. a speed 3 conquest world requires that you have to be online more than any other world because you can lose a city in just over 8 hrs (w/CS travel time).

Why would they be allowed to play on another server if you feel that they're using bots or scripts? Wouldn't a finite ban be more appropriate since you'll allow them to play another server but not the one that they've invested their time in? I could see using the bots and scripts to ones advantage, but if he's using bots and scripts (and knowing the player i don't think he is because whenever I'm online he's online), he didn't really use it to his advantage he doesn't have double digit cities and hasn't conquested that much.

What's the point of mathematics questions for him to answer if he's going to be banned regardless?

DeletedUser

You are still asking questions that deal with this specific player and ban. You clearly do not have all the details and we do not release the details of another players ban.

Players do not get banned if they are not using an illegal bot or script.

DeletedUser

So you're the sole source for bans and they appeal to you, who's already ruled against them...sounds like the NFL

DeletedUser

No I am not the sole source of bans as I have other mods. But I am the final say on appeals.

DeletedUser

well this was utterly pointless, thanks for the warning. Close this thread as we're not going to get anywhere.

DeletedUser

Buying gold creates an imbalance and unfair advantage, too. I guess I'll put my credit card away.

DeletedUser575

Finally something funny on the externals. Thank you so much Daedalus for keeping this thread open.

I need to ask you, is it OK to steal a TV in a riot because everyone else is doing it? Is it OK for a small bank to conduct illegal practices because all of the bigger banks are doing it?......Common, I think you know the answers to these questions and where I am going with this.

DeletedUser

It is not permitted to discuss specific bans or cheating on the external forums. Seems like some players cant understand rule breaking is punishable. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.