Ban Spammers

Why isn't there a Rule in the US like EN too ban spam play ? And even when players send in tickets they get ignored or given a bs answer. As a mod of that particular server you yourself can enforce it and seen it done on other worlds..
Lets get this passed here for current and future worlds and you will see an uptick on players..

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Thanks for your question!
We do have a version of the fair play rules instated that is similar to EN.

It's worth noting however that "spam" attacking is vague in some contexts, so it is still a matter of case by case.
The goal though is to help reduce the cases where this is happening from accounts that are solely made to spam or as a vindictive measure with the sole purpose of taxing someones mental health.

Well always here too help...

1. Attacking Recalling constantly, sole purpose too annoy turn iff alarm.
2. Constant attacks prolonged period no rhyme or reason (benefit)
3. Catta spam, constant barrage aimed at dwindling city to zero and keep going. This is more of a grey area but attacks are constant and in defense of it almost nothing you can do especially against a spam golder. Save gold him her but that requires spam.
4. Attacking and not stopping till player quits.

And no Harbor checks are not spam so those that complain tuff.
Exception is if done over and over again..
Hope this helps Ryv

Last edited:
Its a grey area for sure but constant attacks is the same thing, and only defense is to spam gold lock someone so yeah i think its pointless spam.

shab786

Citizen
I agree with Al. I fully empathise the victims of spam attacks. It's particularly hard when you have RL responsibilities and a armchair warrior in his mother's basement is just pinging the hell out of you. It will help more people to enjoy the game for sure. Nice one Alfonzo!

DeletedUser16572

Well always here too help...

1. Attacking Recalling constantly, sole purpose too annoy turn iff alarm.
2. Constant attacks prolonged period no rhyme or reason (benefit)
3. Catta spam, constant barrage aimed at dwindling city to zero and keep going. This is more of a grey area but attacks are constant and in defense of it almost nothing you can do especially against a spam golder. Save gold him her but that requires spam.
4. Attacking and not stopping till player quits.

And no Harbor checks are not spam so those that complain tuff.
Exception is if done over and over again..
Hope this helps Ryv

Why isn't there a Rule in the US like EN too ban spam play ? And even when players send in tickets they get ignored or given a bs answer. As a mod of that particular server you yourself can enforce it and seen it done on other worlds..
Lets get this passed here for current and future worlds and you will see an uptick on players..

"Spamming" Sounds kinda vague. I don't really see anything wrong with any of that gameplay. For the following reasons:

1) "Attacking Recalling Constantly..."
Sending an attack triggers the enemy alarm. This is a game of deception and being able to deceive your opponent with fake alarm trips makes sense in a deception game.

2) "Constant attacks with no rhyme or reason..."
I'm sorry your opponents aren't notifying you 24 hours before they attack or attacking on regular schedules. I apologize for your human opponents acting... human.... But if you REALLY think this is somehow a legitimate complaint, then I suggest playing a night bonus world.

3) "Catta Spam..."
Explained more in depth below, but honestly... its in the game mechanic for a reason. At this point it just sounds like you're mad that this isn't FarmVille....

4) "Attacking and not stopping until a player quits"
What in the name of 'everyone gets a trophy' is that? You win this game by taking the cities of weaker players until you become a stronger player. That's literally how the game works. Are all the EU players whiny like this? I'm glad I play the US server.

To further elaborate on the Golding scenario, what's the actual problem with that? If someone wants to spend 20$ a week to spam attack my ONE city (One city out of literally 50 cities), then let them. That's 20$ a week they're spending on nothing, and I'll have another city in 3 days.

I only say this because I just had someone colonize on of my fortified islands, and I've been Catapulting this person daily now. I'm not golding or anything, but I AM constantly sending cats at him to force him to send other troops down to this low wall island to die. The other option is to let him grow his city on a hotspot island.

I'm not sure how you could think that is somehow "against the rules", but save that sissy stuff for the EU servers. This is America, if you colonize in the middle of my territory, prepare to get stone hailed and favor farmed back to jurassic era. lmaooo

"Spamming" Sounds kinda vague. I don't really see anything wrong with any of that gameplay. For the following reasons:

1) "Attacking Recalling Constantly..."
Sending an attack triggers the enemy alarm. This is a game of deception and being able to deceive your opponent with fake alarm trips makes sense in a deception game.

2) "Constant attacks with no rhyme or reason..."
I'm sorry your opponents aren't notifying you 24 hours before they attack or attacking on regular schedules. I apologize for your human opponents acting... human.... But if you REALLY think this is somehow a legitimate complaint, then I suggest playing a night bonus world.

3) "Catta Spam..."
Explained more in depth below, but honestly... its in the game mechanic for a reason. At this point it just sounds like you're mad that this isn't FarmVille....

What in the name of 'everyone gets a trophy' is that? You win this game by taking the cities of weaker players until you become a stronger player. That's literally how the game works. Are all the EU players whiny like this? I'm glad I play the US server.

To further elaborate on the Golding scenario, what's the actual problem with that? If someone wants to spend 20$ a week to spam attack my ONE city (One city out of literally 50 cities), then let them. That's 20$ a week they're spending on nothing, and I'll have another city in 3 days.

I only say this because I just had someone colonize on of my fortified islands, and I've been Catapulting this person daily now. I'm not golding or anything, but I AM constantly sending cats at him to force him to send other troops down to this low wall island to die. The other option is to let him grow his city on a hotspot island.

I'm not sure how you could think that is somehow "against the rules", but save that sissy stuff for the EU servers. This is America, if you colonize in the middle of my territory, prepare to get stone hailed and favor farmed back to jurassic era. lmaooo
Lol spoken like a player who has never truly been spammed

DeletedUser16572

Lol spoken like a player who has never truly been spammed

Spoken like someone who can't refute an argument on its merit, so they had to resort to character attacks instead.

I've been playing since 2012. I've been "spammed" plenty. But I also grew up playing sports and I understood that losing is part of competing, and not worth quitting or crying over. And I'll do my best to promote those values whenever I can. People who "spam" (If you can even call it that) are no different than people who exclusively leg-log in BJJ tournaments, or the kids who grew up faster than everyone else and could dunk a basketball at 16 so they only threw the ball to him down low. You learn how to play against people with an advantage. And in doing so, you grow as a player.

Spoken like someone who can't refute an argument on its merit, so they had to resort to character attacks instead.

I've been playing since 2012. I've been "spammed" plenty. But I also grew up playing sports and I understood that losing is part of competing, and not worth quitting or crying over. And I'll do my best to promote those values whenever I can. People who "spam" (If you can even call it that) are no different than people who exclusively leg-log in BJJ tournaments, or the kids who grew up faster than everyone else and could dunk a basketball at 16 so they only threw the ball to him down low. You learn how to play against people with an advantage. And in doing so, you grow as a player.
Aight lets go then.

1. No one is complaining about a few HC every now and again, hell even a HC every 10 or 15 minutes I wouldn`t consider spam (others may even go further and say 5 minutes). The type of spam that is being referred to are attacks solely used to wake up your opponent in the middle of the night, the enemy isn`t trying to "deceive you" he/she is trying to get you to quit playing the game. They send attacks and recall just to set off you alarm.*

2. Your inexperience shines though here as well, attacks without rhyme or reason isn't referring to random attacks trying to catch you offline, its literally sending 100+ attacks mostly consisting of 1 transport and 1 unit at all 50 of your cities not just one landing throughout a period of a few hours. Totally acceptable if your running a op but if you do this daily just to annoy/ get a player to quit your kind of an asshole**. \

3. I haven`t really seen this used but I have heard of it, its sending 100-500 spies to land right before an attack/s to crash or delay your opponents computer to mess up backsnipes and other timings, dont think its that big of a deal as I never really saw it used effectively.

4. This is where you really sound like a new player, I am 100% certain that most veterans have seen 1 or more people quit because of spam attacks. We aren`t talking a 1 on 1. We are talking an alliance of 20-40 people sending attacks at you for literally days on days until you either turn of your alarms (then they take your cities) or quit the game overall. I highly doubt you have ever been on the receiving end of one of these as if you were you would know that this strategy will work 100% of the time if you have dedicated players to it.

Judging by the way you are talking and making points I assume you are fairly new to the game or have never seen real spamming, I have been playing for 9+ years and let me tell you spamming is a very real thing and deadly effective if used properly (albeit still kind of a trashy strategy in most cases in my opinion.)

If anyone disagrees or has other additions or counter points they would like to make please feel free and reply. I like to hear other people opinions on spamming.

*Disclaimer - I am not saying 3 am attacks should be banned so long as you let them go though or don`t send 12 attacks at 3am 305am etc. every single night.

** There are exemptions to this but not many

DeletedUser15625

100% agree with swornsurvivor.

In all honesty, US players whine more than anyone else. There is a reason why US worlds are dying, lol. I have seen tons of people accusing myself and others of botting and Al knows this well from Carphi just because they don't know how to time themselves, people considering 1 HC every 5-15 min is spam and overall crying because they aren't active enough. Don't play the game if you can't handle it or just go sim in the core and send out support instead of playing frontlines.

Getting tons of attacks when someone is lining up on you is very different than having people send out MM's to their alliances to attack every single city that you have endlessly just so that you can quit or turn off alarms.

When people ruin the nature of the game for you and you literally can't do anything about it, let's see you how you react then. Imagine trying to spend time with your family or trying to get some work done at work or even trying to sleep after a long day and people are sending you pointless attacks from hours out nonstop for a week straight. What can you possibly do about it?

I'm all for attacks whether it's at 3am or 3pm because chances are, I will do the same right back at you but there is no fun in winning a world where you have players quitting due to unnecessary shit like this. If you don't want it done to you, don't do it to others.

DeletedUser13931

Spam for some is not spam for others. Some will OP you and send attacks to reduce your ability to recall any native troops to snipe the CS, etc...
Some do not like being catted, yet it is part of the game. Some do not like nukes being split-up to reduce the chance of them being sea stormed/raged, however that is just good gameplay. Spam in my view would be sending attacks every few minutes for no purpose than being an irritant. A few players play this way, and Inno does a fairly good job of handling them.

DeletedUser15357

Spam for some is not spam for others. Some will OP you and send attacks to reduce your ability to recall any native troops to snipe the CS, etc...
Some do not like being catted, yet it is part of the game. Some do not like nukes being split-up to reduce the chance of them being sea stormed/raged, however that is just good gameplay. Spam in my view would be sending attacks every few minutes for no purpose than being an irritant. A few players play this way, and Inno does a fairly good job of handling them.

Oh so gee look whose calling out their own playstyle?!? hahahahahahahahaha what a loser

LOL Jcoo is trying too justify his Spam tactics is classic , one point i will agree is breaking up nukes is not SPAM but doing it 10 plus times or more too same enemy city over and over again is and that is what he does. Every world his alliance when losing results to spamming players off the world to jump up and win. Carphi most recent my team was dominating and ahead then came the spam hundreds thousands of attacks to a certain player and more too others and convos from their discord room proving this spam players endlessly. Their version of oping players is attacking over and over again forcing one to shut alarms off ( definition of spam) Also now to US 92 before FAIR PLAY came in effect Him and others tried again attacking recalling , sending attacks canceling them last sec over and over till a MOD warned them ... We can go round and round on this and i know from being in your alliances in the past its how its done...

DeletedUser13931

One day you’ll be able to actually justify your nonsense Al. If memory serves me correctly, which it does, your crew has been hit with bans for spamming among other things. But by all means, continue your spin on the truth oh Forum Warrior.

LOL.

DeletedUser13931

Oh, forgot to mention....on Carphi your buddies, the Gribbe Posse, imploded as Dasha became upset with Koan and they went at it. This was I’m sure my fault somehow as well as the 100’s, neigh 1000’s, neigh MILLIONS of attacks. LOL.

You are an exceptional writer of fiction Al, it’s all you post.....

Justify lol, you and your crew all they do is spam if trailing to jump ahead. Dasha yeah was a head case never really liked him too unstable as a player so agree there.. You forget all the spam you, Celt, Kdog Merc Joe and others sent to 123koan and other members, yes stuff goes both ways at times. Carphi was being dominated by Zeeks team till you and others mentioned and more started the Spam campaign, save it you fraud
When i led i maybe had 2 players banned total , how many did you have cmon JCOO. Fast Forward US 92 sure enough falling behind Kdog, you Jsully and others starting spamming players (attacking recalling) sending bs attacks then recalling. You have no Grepo talent save golding and with FAIR PLAY now what are you and your crew gonna do once golding is not enough.

Fair Play was put in on US WORLDS finally but yet not fully enforced like it should.. US 92 Was enforced and the world ran smoothly as it should.. World Pagase has been plagued by spamming specifically one alliance that uses it too make players quit or turn off alarms. Ask the mods to do their jobs and ban the spammers so gameplay and skill returns...

Z Fire

Messenger
Question? In one world a player sent over 100k 1k spies. One spy a min min for over 23 straight hrs. Dont remember exactly as it was several worlds ago.
Is that considered spam? Player finally attacked. I dont have alarms. I woke up and couldnt find attack rpt buried in all spies sent.