Attacking other players

DeletedUser

So, questions for the vets:

1. How many days after an initial island has been settled should we expect to see land attacks on that island?

2. How many days after starting do players typically start sending out naval forces?

Bearing in mind that this is a Speed: 1 world.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

No, I don't see why you would - only if you want to colonize a ghost location.

DeletedUser

That is what I was thinking all the forum discussions I am see that is talking about taking over a city states that you need a CS. But on that note, I still can seem to find anything on the subject of attacking a player on your own island.

DeletedUser

What I've read makes me think tat owning two cites on the same island is somewhat of waste, since you are farming the same towns.

I am looking to colonize a ghost town on another large island.

DeletedUser

yea, I was just thinking about that today to that it would be a waste because you wouldn't get much extra resources.

DeletedUser

You shouldn't get an other city on your island because you still have the same farming villages. Someway you lose ressources since you get the same ressource but for 2 cities (I don't know if it is clear ^^).

DeletedUser

You shouldn't get an other city on your island because you still have the same farming villages. Someway you lose resources since you get the same resource but for 2 cities (I don't know if it is clear ^^).

You may not get repeats on the farming village demands, but you should be able to get city resources and you are near another city you own that can be used to defend the new city.
:)

DeletedUser2039

For my beginning colonies, they're all going to be on a small island next to my original city. This allows fast trading and little competition for the smaller and newer city. Support is pretty key for your new cities, so being close is always key when starting out.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Each island has both a bonus for resource and a penalty for a resource. This is displayed on the center information icon for each island. Having all your cities on the same island creates a huge deficiency in one resource. If you haven't already, I suggest joining alliances. Doing so will give you better protection for expansion, and it opens up trading options.

Yes you do need a colony ship, and also culture points to found new cities.

DeletedUser

disregard all of my post on this tread lol. I did not know what I was doing back then but now learned lol.

Any new city requires a CS no matter if it is the same island or now. Also you can look to expand within pact alliance territories. (just another option)