Attack Of The Hydra Feedback Thread

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Feel free to discuss everything relating to the event here :)
Please let us know what you liked, what you don't, etc.

DeletedUser9417

So how do you get more troops to attack the Hydra? The tutorial says nothing about how to gain troops and on day one it is not possible to even fight. This is rather poorly designed if you can't even fight on the first day.
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

DeletedUser14792

Soooo … once you burn the 6 heads, what happens? Does the game end for you? (I've only got 2 heads so I still have a way to go)

DeletedUser16251

Seems like an event to the veterans and not the newbies. Sorry to the new player trying out this game, but this event will ruin you.

6 days to get 6 heads. That's fine I guess but the best chance we have in each attempt is 40%

In Dyme, I have the troops and resources to make attempts at a 40% chance of success. I am fairly certain I will complete the 6 heads and receive the bonus. ( which is not needed )

In Lapithos, I just started. I have made several attempts with as little troops as I could spare ( with a lower % chance of success ) I could go for the 40% chance of success however it would take me 80 troops. Everyone keep in mind what 80 troops means to you while in beginners protection or even just coming out of it. People are already waiting for you to come out of BP so they can farm you or take your real estate, or you are utilizing those troops in the tutorial or the bandit camps to progress. So the question from the newbie is do I send away troops to likely die and get next to nothing in return OR do I keep them and defend my sole city the best I can when the impending attacks come. But, that PRIZE looks so nice! I guess I just came to this game late so I will likely go play something else. That's what's in the mind of the beginner.

Sadly the people that think this stuff up don't seem to get it. New players are hard to get and even harder to keep. This event will more than likely drive them away. I would recommend rewards more appropriate to city count, age of world and other various factors. THINK people

DeletedUser5524

It’s a fairly easy straightforward and simple event. I don’t know how anyone would really struggle with it. Already completed it on Katane and hardly really paying attention to it. Build the troops, click the button and wait the time or greater. I don’t see any confusion just people complaining to complain haha. Could be wrong though ^.^

DeletedUser11525

I got 3 heads using the 1 hour troops on 1 world, and none on another. All comes down to the odds. Also, larger troop counts = lower odds of losing them. But in the end, it's all about how friendly the random number generator is to you. Seems like an ideal game for smaller players. And not being able to skew the results with gold makes it even better suited for new players.

DeletedUser16255

Think event is doable for New players if only focused on Farm, Troops, Warehouse & Event. Still beneficial bc can send troops for Extra Rss & Favour.

DeletedUser16139

Even without a focus on the event, its 100 troops every 4 hours. Its not a lot to ask haha
On Speed 1 it would be tough to build them back with only one city eventually, even though we obviously don't know if the required troops are adjusted (I don't at least)

DeletedUser14792

For those wondering, once you capture 6 heads, it doesn't allow you to do any more missions. You HAVE to burn the heads, ending the game.

I got 3 great land expansions in Ialysos (US 71).

Ryvirath

Lochagos
Appreciate the feedback on the event guys! Very helpful stuff.
Apologies for the issue with the hydra event, it will be cleaned up for next time.

DeletedUser8461

like someone else mentioned, a report for when your battle with the hydra is over would be nice. At least for people who easily forget things like me. ^_^