Attack bot

Binoufle

Citizen
I'm wondering if there is any motivation on Inno's side to prevent the attack bots.

What I mean by attack bot is when you have one incoming for the last 4 minutes, and all of a sudden you get 12 attack notifications in your phone in less than one minute, and in the game, just a single attack at the exact same second.

This is pretty easy to do! Call the server API, it gives you back the landing time. If it's not what you want, cancel, re-send. That's it. You can do that 20 times in a minute! Which will defeat the purpose of the ant-timer.

A human player can most probably try 3 or 4 times, MAXIMUM. So 12 times...

Be we should be careful to not call everyone a botter! Having 2 attacks timed at the same second is perfectly doable manually. Use one LS, one bireme, one slow trans, plus sirens, that gives you options to try 40 or 50 times! But not within few seconds.

One very easy way to block the attack bots is to prevent an attack to be recalled in the first 3 seconds. It still gives the player the chance to try to time that 2 or 3 times manually, but botter will not be able anymore to time 20 attacks and 20 supports all at the same second. And it will make the game more faire.

Personally, US110 is the last grepolis server I will play until something is done against that. Because it just kills the interest (and the fairness) of the game.

Binoufle

Citizen
Examples:
Screenshot-20221010-075043.png

And the result in game:
Sans-titre.png

The 2nd attack was sent first. Was an OLU nuke. So the LS nuke had to arrive the second before. Can't be at the same second else it will arrive after. Timing is just absolutely perfect.

Hawk

Senior Citizen
I'm wondering if there is any motivation on Inno's side to prevent the attack bots.

What I mean by attack bot is when you have one incoming for the last 4 minutes, and all of a sudden you get 12 attack notifications in your phone in less than one minute, and in the game, just a single attack at the exact same second.

This is pretty easy to do! Call the server API, it gives you back the landing time. If it's not what you want, cancel, re-send. That's it. You can do that 20 times in a minute! Which will defeat the purpose of the ant-timer.

A human player can most probably try 3 or 4 times, MAXIMUM. So 12 times...

Be we should be careful to not call everyone a botter! Having 2 attacks timed at the same second is perfectly doable manually. Use one LS, one bireme, one slow trans, plus sirens, that gives you options to try 40 or 50 times! But not within few seconds.

One very easy way to block the attack bots is to prevent an attack to be recalled in the first 3 seconds. It still gives the player the chance to try to time that 2 or 3 times manually, but botter will not be able anymore to time 20 attacks and 20 supports all at the same second. And it will make the game more faire.

Personally, US110 is the last grepolis server I will play until something is done against that. Because it just kills the interest (and the fairness) of the game.
Btw I can get 11 attempts per city and I don't bot, I also have gotten 15+ same seconds with CS locked on 3-4 attacks before, if you want I can send you videos of timing to show you how people do it

Last edited:

Hawk

Senior Citizen
Btw I can get 11 attempts per city and I don't bot, I also have gotten 15+ same seconds with CS locked on 3-4 attacks before, if you want I can send you videos of timing
Especially if you're referring to the TmT on us110, none of them use timing bots

Timing bots are actually worse than a good human timer, as most bots that I've ever seen will only do 4-5 cancels, meanwhile I, and other good timers, consistently get 10-11 attempts, but depends on server lag and ping of course

you are bad and you have no idea about the game...one good player with attack planner can do 10 tries per anchor...3-4 tries are for like noobs like you..All good we move on! ( between the +-10 anti-timer) so that means 10 atttacks per 20 secs...in a min i could do 50+

Bawla

Citizen
As Hawk mentioned above, a human can have +10 attempts (on English server i Managed to reach 11-12 attempts, but on average 10).
Therefore, it is not a bot my friend.

Binoufle

Citizen
Seems to work well with one. I'm just curious to see when there is 20 attacks at the same second how it still work ;) Maybe we will never know.

Hawk

Senior Citizen
I have to admin that that last one is impressive...
So if you want to get better you can do that pretty easily with a bit of practice! In my opinion the set up is the most important thing, so if you have a good one of those it's just clicking a few buttons as fast as you can which is easy :)

Binoufle

Citizen
Will take me years of practice before becoming even close to that efficient :D Then what's the point of the anti-timer if they provide a way to kind of bypass it? Why not just removing it?

Binoufle

Citizen
And BTW:

This is an official apologize that you guys might not be attack botting. You are just crazy ;)

I still need to figure how some of you are making points 24h a day at the same rate, but that's for another discussion.

Bawla

Citizen
Will take me years of practice before becoming even close to that efficient :D Then what's the point of the anti-timer if they provide a way to kind of bypass it? Why not just removing it?

To be able to distinguish between a skilled & committed player and a casual player.

Hawk

Senior Citizen
If it'll take you years of practice I guess you better get started now ;)