Ares Feedback Thread

Corwin36

Artisan
A few questions about Ladons, when they are attacking they get a pop boost, does militia count as pop for this boost?

also I noticed a kind of weird thing when attacked it seemed I got a lot of ties where Ladons and troops defending ALL died equally, that has always been a rare occurrence but happened multiple times under Ladon attacks , is this because of the large pop size of a Ladon?

Corwin36

Artisan
Ladons are now too weak, the changes basically make you chose fury or ladons because you can only generate so much favor, ladons were over powered, but taking away ALL their advantages speed and power along the removal of another way to generate fury makes them worthless. Fury added to another myth is so much more powerful than a ladon nuke any more. The only ones that i can see that will use ladons are folks that attack once a month and can sit around with nothing else to spend favor on. One thing that might help would be to reduce the amount of favor to build one to match other myths, 490 favor for a unit that is now no different makes no sense.

because you can only generate so much favor

No. You of all people, good God. Your group’s BS never stops.

Grepolis 2021 is essentially a world of unlimited favor with a little effort and know-how, especially for those in organized groups.

Developers would be right not to calibrate myth unit favor costs based on the size of individual favor pools. The high favor cost of Ladons should rightfully reflect a meaningful choice between Fury use and myth unit production. It’s hardly prohibitive. Having your cake and eating it, too, is not good gameplay. One could argue that all myth unit favor costs are due for re-balancing, i.e. increase in cost, particularly for the pure offensive ones - manticores, griffins, and erinyes.

Or should we just dismiss this as more of the same wish-listing your group is doing elsewhere in these forums?

Corwin36

Artisan
No. You of all people, good God. Your group’s BS never stops.

Grepolis 2021 is essentially a world of unlimited favor with a little effort and know-how, especially for those in organized groups.

Developers would be right not to calibrate myth unit favor costs based on the size of individual favor pools. The high favor cost of Ladons should rightfully reflect a meaningful choice between Fury use and myth unit production. It’s hardly prohibitive. Having your cake and eating it, too, is not good gameplay. One could argue that all myth unit favor costs are due for re-balancing, i.e. increase in cost, particularly for the pure offensive ones - manticores, griffins, and erinyes.

Or should we just dismiss this as more of the same wish-listing your group is doing elsewhere in these forums?
Well after assessing the new units more today, i have found that favor farming fury is a lot easier than I assumed (never assume) and Ladons just suck now, no strategic value at all. not even a decent hc. I expect folks will see fury used a whole lot more though because building ladons at all is a waste of time

Volzaac

Newcomer
I expect folks will see fury used a whole lot more though because building ladons at all is a waste of time
It depends on the situation. I think Ladons are still going to be powerful, it's just going to be situational. I'm really interested to try out ladons on a conquest world, especially if it's a WW. Ladons are going to be very meh on revolt worlds and not the best on Dom I will admit. However, I still wouldn't put them out of the fight yet. I did a bunch of math and a full ladon nuke with the full boost will still do a ton of damage compared to a land nuke. It's not as hard as you think to hit the ladon cap for a full nuke with the new settings on conquest worlds mid-late game. I do however think that they were balanced more for the more active EU servers which is a downside, but just saying they will be useless is ignorant from what I can see. It's just you can no longer have an OP flier unit at your disposal.

Corwin36

Artisan
It depends on the situation. I think Ladons are still going to be powerful, it's just going to be situational. I'm really interested to try out ladons on a conquest world, especially if it's a WW. Ladons are going to be very meh on revolt worlds and not the best on Dom I will admit. However, I still wouldn't put them out of the fight yet. I did a bunch of math and a full ladon nuke with the full boost will still do a ton of damage compared to a land nuke. It's not as hard as you think to hit the ladon cap for a full nuke with the new settings on conquest worlds mid-late game. I do however think that they were balanced more for the more active EU servers which is a downside, but just saying they will be useless is ignorant from what I can see. It's just you can no longer have an OP flier unit at your disposal.
ok, nothing is quite useless, I just hate to have nukes sitting around waiting to be used. i build my stuff to be turned around and killed off quickly. For me it is useless. A nuke waiting for the perfect siege to be used IS useless.. But you are right that is in my style of play, I loved ladons, i was reaching out and killing sieges in several oceans with them every day

Volzaac

Newcomer
I don't disagree on that fact. I believe that Ladons still are a little too nerfed for US servers, but like many people have said, I don't think the devs care for US servers anymore. EN servers are so much bigger than ours and it's saddening, but what can I say? Ladons will still work late game on conquest worlds and I'm interested to try out some combos for midgame as well and see how we could incorporate them into builds without them being underpowered before we hit the stage where there can be a ton of birs and DLU defending