App update to 2.110 - Changelog

DeletedUser271

I like the new strategic map color thing. But no fixing the recruitment queue bug? :-(

DeletedUser8950

Same procedure as always. They are giving us some eye candy rather than fixing the essential bugs. Why am I not surprised...

Developers, please go and fix the recruiting bug, will you PLEASE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11525

Identifying cities under protection - great. Smoke and fire stuff - silly. What's next? Watching the troops marching for attack?

Please Inno - step back, get the basics right, on both web and mobile, and then go back to the eye candy. Get a real fix for the recruitment queue bug. Get a proposal out for improved end game. Figure out how to address gold usage discrepancy.

DeletedUser5524

I could be completely wrong but I believe all of those things take time so rather leave the community waiting for something they release filler updates to make the game somewhat more fresh and enjoyable while they work on bigger updates. Like I said this could be a completely stupid statement but hey, just how I see it.

DeletedUser11525

Zeeker - not at all a stupid statement.

You're right. Some of these things are bigger, more involved development projects. End game improvements have been discussed for many years, with no proposals. Gold usage discrepancies have been flagged as an issue for a while, with the last feedback being that it would be hard. Recruiting queue bug is very recent, so it should be relatively straight forward to go back through changes in the code to identify the bug. But all of these do take time. I'm sure there are other long standing bugs/issues that others can identify. I just grabbed a couple off the top of my head. Updating troop counts without needing to go into the barracks is another.

But the development of the filler releases also takes development time, which distracts the developers from addressing the other issues. It also complicates the testing of new releases, and impacts performance. Working on new things is always more interesting that debugging old code.

The perception is that we're getting eye candy instead of substance. Just the way I see it.

DeletedUser6919

I can understand that you'll think highlighting is lovely and all, but does that stupid pop up box have to appear every time I view map? It's only been in effect for a few mins and already it's annoying me as it covers the cities and islands I'm wanting to click on..

Once I have set colour I don't need to do it a few secs later, then a few secs later, the a min later. It's needless imo. The old system I could access colours for players and alliances when I wanted too, which isn't every time I look at the map.

I agree with MarkASp and Surabaya Jenny, this is just eye candy and imo it's not even good eye candy.

The bigger dots are aesthetic changes only, if it made it so the city could be selected without zooming into that island, it would have a practical application, but it is just for looks, and it looks worst.

Also if I'm accessing map to find my cities near a certain island so that I can get support to a team mate, or using map to flip between my cities when I'm sending res between them etc I won't want to minimize that box every time I go to select a new city. It maybe helpful tool in certain situations (although I fail too see how it's any better than the old highlighting option) but it's a just in the way in others so there should be an off switch for it.

Personally I'd like it if the developers would spend their time working on a new end game and not all these silly pretty little extras.

DeletedUser8950

these new green confirmation pop-ups are terrible... when they were announced some days ago I didn't realize they would be so obtrusive

DeletedUser4630

these new green confirmation pop-ups are terrible... when they were announced some days ago I didn't realize they would be so obtrusive

I second this. Sometimes, when attacking/supporting, when you want to cancel right away to get better timing, now you have to wait for the green banner to disappear before you can see/click on what's behind them. totally interferes with what you need to do. how can we disable this?

DeletedUser6798

I can understand that you'll think highlighting is lovely and all, but does that stupid pop up box have to appear every time I view map? It's only been in effect for a few mins and already it's annoying me as it covers the cities and islands I'm wanting to click on..

Once I have set colour I don't need to do it a few secs later, then a few secs later, the a min later. It's needless imo. The old system I could access colours for players and alliances when I wanted too, which isn't every time I look at the map.

This x1000.. Come on inno.. think of the reason we access the world map in the first place.. To look at surrounding areas. We dont need some obtrusive box that pops up and gets in the way of the primary reason we are looking at that view.

The improvement to the ease of changing alliance colors is nice, but we dont need this new box popping up automatically. Id say add a button or something where the player can pop it up if they need it. Having to minimize it every time is just adding an extra step most dont want to do every time.

That all being said.. is all this necessary? The game has been around for so long. Why make all the visual changes. Its not like the community is complaining about it. I hate to break it to you but most dont play this game for its visuals. This is a strategy game. Players want things that will make their lives easier or add new layers to the game. Changing visuals provides nothing.

DeletedUser14672

I, like others, think the green announcement banner, is obtrusive and annoying. Especially when farming villages through the captain's tool. I don't need confirmation that I collected from the villages. I particularly don't need that confirmation to hang on so long that I cannot view the next village because the banner is in the way. It's slowing my game down, which makes it inefficient. Not a good addition, by any means.

DeletedUser

This x1000.. Come on inno.. think of the reason we access the world map in the first place.. To look at surrounding areas. We dont need some obtrusive box that pops up and gets in the way of the primary reason we are looking at that view.

The improvement to the ease of changing alliance colors is nice, but we dont need this new box popping up automatically. Id say add a button or something where the player can pop it up if they need it. Having to minimize it every time is just adding an extra step most dont want to do every time.

That all being said.. is all this necessary? The game has been around for so long. Why make all the visual changes. Its not like the community is complaining about it. I hate to break it to you but most dont play this game for its visuals. This is a strategy game. Players want things that will make their lives easier or add new layers to the game. Changing visuals provides nothing.

couldnt agree more, sorry inno you arent going to be competing with xbox or playstation for graphics. guess what? WE ARE FINE WITH THAT its about the strategy and loading speed is key to a lot of the timing that happens in here, the visuals mean very very little

would rather not have any updates for 6 months and see them fix real community concerns or at least address them

1. DEATH TO WW if you need a volunteer to kill this off im sure you can find 1 or 30,000 people willing to do it for you

2. please fix the recruiting glitch. not sure why this would take so long, maybe just undo whatever update created it

3. i doubt you mods or developers even read this post so a third point would be needlessly written

DeletedUser3241

do you guys ever focus group these things you decide to add? please remove the green banner, I mean I just love the way it lingers after you leave a window and it stays in the middle of the screen? appreciate the effort to add more to the game but..........

DeletedUser14077

I totally agree with this. INNO PLEASE REMOVE .. its horrible and impacts fast game play.. I now have to move pop-up windows to get to things i want to enter on the screen.

In addition i saw a comment on a smoking city after it was hit... is this affecting game speed?

DeletedUser14077

the only thing i can think of that would make this "bigger" dot useful is to find ghosts.

DeletedUser9073

The red and green banners are making me hate the game I love.... Get rid of them not one person likes them

DeletedUser7802

The banners completely disrupt game play. I know nothing about writing code but C'mon man! anyone who has played this game would know that was a terrible idea. They need to be removed asap!

DeletedUser14798

Accessing....

My name is Jerry, I'am from United state. love playing grepolis!, I was wondering if you guys ever thought they should make the ghosts town less culture point to conquer. If not!, I believe it would be a great idea. Because it would save time and culture point. also I think it would be a good idea the founder and the leader of the alliance be able to have full access when one of the alliance member is attacking another alliance member.

I am new on here so please tell me what you guys think of my idea!

DeletedUser6919

the only thing i can think of that would make this "bigger" dot useful is to find ghosts.

Ghosts are not players or alliances, so can't make grey dots bigger, so they are still pointless lol

Really not a fan of this update at all, the banners are awful and need to go or be relocated to somewhere that won't interfere with game play and the new funky map formatting doesn't need to pop up every time I view the map. All the extra clicking and repositioning has become more tedious as the day has gone on.