alliance size limit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3241

I was wondering if the size of alliances on a world can change as a progressive number. Starting off with 60 is good, it give folks a chance to get established, it forces pacts sometimes, or sister alliances as most folks end up doing.

I have always felt that some of these settings should be on a sliding scale as the world grows especially alliance size. What are the chances of hitting point milestones and then those numbers change like an alliance can go from 60 to 80 or up to 100 then another point milesstone down the way and it goes to 150?

I think that would be fantastic!!!

DeletedUser2569

Why would an alliance need more than 60 members?
The ally limit in Theta is 100 but the ranked 1 ally don't have much more than 50 members....

DeletedUser2498

yeah i'm with leo, it's entirely unnecessary to have more than that. and the number you're looking for is 53 leo. we have 53 members in TR.

DeletedUser

I always hate sister an academy alliances, because only one alliance can get the victor award. Several can get the master, but only one victor. Not fair for those guys in a sister alliance.

DeletedUser2039

I disagree. This server, along with many others, is very new and therefore have a long time to the finish. An academy managed for 6 months to a year from the start of the server, if not longer, has no long-term down side. It only allows an alliance to sort through muck and find the gold. If it were 6 months or so before wonders, I would agree with you, but not in this case.

As for a progressive alliance cap, I always prefer small ones. It forces a group of dudes to not get all bunched up. If there are 100 good players on a high alliance cap server, they probably aren't very spread out. If there are 100 good players on a low alliance cap server, they are likely much more spread out. Worlds should have unchanging caps so players know what they are getting into. Many join worlds and alliance caps can play a role in choosing which. Having them changing can dis-satisfy players in the long-run and complicate things.

Of coarse this is all subjective as it's never been tried, but that's my best guess. :)

DeletedUser

I like large alliance caps because you can get some colossal wars going on, and WW fill much quicker which get's that horrible part of the game over with.

DeletedUser2569

It just speeds up the time it takes to get WW....
WW's don't just disappear, so i can't see why you would like them to get there faster :s

If we say those colossal wars are like Team Deathmatch in FPS games, some people might prefer Free For All ;-)

DeletedUser5517

I dont know this jamincon character, but I am sure he is a noob ;). In knossos we had 200 alliance cap and maybe 50 useful people. larger alliances just allow for more inactives on your team

DeletedUser

But Jebusius your ally needed the extra space because when you guys started you had members join just to build cities and ghost for growth of the alliance :p

DeletedUser5517

But Jebusius your ally needed the extra space because when you guys started you had members join just to build cities and ghost for growth of the alliance :p

wasnt here for that, but I wish I was it would be nice to have some easy ghosts to get up to fighting strength

DeletedUser

I think this thread has served it's purpose now. Closed.

Kind regards,

Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.